Marvel's Moon Knight 🌙 OT - Embrace the Chaos (First trailer, premiering March 30)

I watched it pretty stoned (yeah, what’s new right) That was great and the paranoia feeling. . . right there with yeah. I can only imagine what they did with this sound with Atmos sound. Have to watch with headphones and it’s not the same as a full setup working (fuck how much longer will you take to get here receiver) Anyways I loved the voice mocking him, and the quick edits too. Love the quirky playful Guardians/Deadpool like “action” tunes. The thing I like the most is the look of the world with the wonderful cinematography, especially with the mirrors. It’s gonna be a long week for more 

I thought the first episode was very good! Nice to see a lot of focus on the actual real people and not just their caped counterparts. Withholding the real action scene until the end was really good, and I enjoyed the constant shifts and jumps skipping the action but seeing the fallout. Isaac and Hawke have really good chemistry too. I look forward to much more.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Was it just me or did the VFX in this show look more VFXy than they have in other D+ MCU shows?

there were a few shots that i thought looked bad. but other stuff that looked really cool. weird mix. 

1 minute ago, johnny said:

there were a few shots that i thought looked bad. but other stuff that looked really cool. weird mix. 

Yeah I felt the same way. Some of the stuff that looked a bit rougher were things like car chases and fights, which they've done a million times in the MCU and in other MCU D+ shows.

7 minutes ago, johnny said:

I think this is where I stand. The more subtle effects and Khonshu looked good, but sometimes you could see the interpolation of different green screens overlapping sometimes too. Gonna assume it's partly due to the harsh cuts from action about to begin to fallout from action scene we didn't get to see. Time will tell, but the Moon Knight suit looked real good I thought, at least.

25 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

Apparently this is being review bombed for mentioning the Armenian Genocice. Probably by Cenk Uygur.

Why would that be? Cenk has for a long time now flat out said he knows the Armenian genocide is a real thing, etc. His co-host Ana Kasparian is Armenian. It was his Turkish upbringing/brainwashing that original way back when made him deny the Armenian genocide and that's since been deprogrammed out.

Unless I'm missing something?

22 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Why would that be? Cenk has for a long time now flat out said he knows the Armenian genocide is a real thing, etc. His co-host Ana Kasparian is Armenian. It was his Turkish upbringing/brainwashing that original way back when made him deny the Armenian genocide and that's since been deprogrammed out.

Unless I'm missing something?

Oh, there was definitely a time he denied it, or at least used other names for it. Im not sure what his current opinion is, but it was a joke about his past behaviors.

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm starting to think this would have been better as a movie. The plot is moving pretty slow.

I don't think it's slow but it might feel that way as there are just a ton of questions that people who don't know the character likely have. Heck even for people familiar with the character the show seems to be plotting its own unique origin.  Moon Knight is a seriously complex character...especially in light of the fact that he isn't a single character. This isn't Tony Stark is Iron Man or Bruce Wayne is Batman. This is Marc Spector/ Steven Grant/Moon Knight/ Mr. Knight (they totally nailed the costume for both)/ Khonshu...and we still don't know if they'll introduce the Jake Lockley personality. 

Just finished the 2nd episode and I’m smelling Emmy for for our award that is Oscar. Anyways, I just think it so odd and different that I just want more. I don’t mind the pacing of the show and glad it wasn’t crammed into say a 2.5hr movie. I’m pretty sure we still haven’t seen any signs of any Avengers or mention of the Thanos snap. So because we are so split personality wise and because of the timing. Could this sort of be the doings of Dr. Strange and the multiverse of madness that he’s going through via the multi personality. With some of you guys having knowledge of his comic book origin and saying the show already seems to be setting its own story. I don’t think he is yet part of our MCU, but it’s just this stoners theory 

10 hours ago, silentbob said:

Just finished the 2nd episode and I’m smelling Emmy for for our award that is Oscar. Anyways, I just think it so odd and different that I just want more. I don’t mind the pacing of the show and glad it wasn’t crammed into say a 2.5hr movie. I’m pretty sure we still haven’t seen any signs of any Avengers or mention of the Thanos snap. So because we are so split personality wise and because of the timing. Could this sort of be the doings of Dr. Strange and the multiverse of madness that he’s going through via the multi personality. With some of you guys having knowledge of his comic book origin and saying the show already seems to be setting its own story. I don’t think he is yet part of our MCU, but it’s just this stoners theory 

I thought the purple magic Ethan Hawke used looked somewhat similar to the purple tears in reality Strange fixed in Spidey. Beyond that, no idea.

12 minutes ago, johnny said:

i actually feel like this could work great as a movie. 6 episodes better be enough. 

still more to be revealed. I've no doubt they're going to introduce Marc/Steven's 3rd personality here soon, too many clues dropped of things happening when Steven is 'out of it' that can't be attributed to Marc. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

still more to be revealed. I've no doubt they're going to introduce Marc/Steven's 3rd personality here soon, too many clues dropped of things happening when Steven is 'out of it' that can't be attributed to Marc. 

I think the 3rd persona will appear, but not until the last episode. Like I said earlier, I still don’t think he is on our MCU Earth but will take on that third persona/avatar when he finally does come over. 

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

i don’t buy this whole you can do more thing when people always want shows. everybody constantly says so many movies should actually be shows but not everything needs 6+ hours. i’m not complaining about this show and am enjoying it but i think it would fit in real nice as a movie. if you need all 6 episodes to lay out everything for one character it sounds like a problem from the people making it. 

a movie isn’t going to be structured like a show so i don’t see more that needs to be revealed as some huge hurdle for a 2+ hour movie. 

1 hour ago, silentbob said:

I think the 3rd persona will appear, but not until the last episode. Like I said earlier, I still don’t think he is on our MCU Earth but will take on that third persona/avatar when he finally does come over. 

Nope, they aren't other real people (unless they totally reworking the character) they're all one person (each with a different role to play) and Jake (the 3rd persona) has already been active in the show we just haven't been overtly told/shown that yet. 

Spoiler

He's the one that asked the girl out at the museum. Marc wouldn't have done that. He might have also been the one to replace the fish (another thing I can't see Marc caring about) and may even be the one sending the postcards from Steven's 'mother'. You never actually hear him talking with his mother, only leaving her messages. And they've been foreshadowing it. Pay attention to the mirrors. You'll often see 3 reflections. And in one scene where Steven walks off, two reflections stay put. There are probably more hints. I need to rewatch the episodes again and really look for more clues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Brick said:

Why are people thinking this isn't in the main MCU universe? Just because there hasn't been any other references yet? 

IIRC there was some chatter about how the nature of the character would allow the show to not need to rely on the broader MCU, and that Moon Knight would eventually show up in other MCU projects. I think that language (which I'm not quoting directly), there being no direct references to the MCU so far, and the fact that this phase is leaning into the multiverse is causing people to read the tea leaves a bit.

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Why are people thinking this isn't in the main MCU universe? Just because there hasn't been any other references yet? 

It does take place in the prime MCU timeline. Two different clues have so far given it away, that it takes place at the same time as Loki and Spider-Man: No Way Home, after Thanos' defeat and everyone comes back from the snap/blip. So far the wife and I have been really enjoying the show.

WWW.COMINGSOON.NET

Moon Knight may work best all by his lonesome, but his adventures officially take place in the MCU, and Disney has confirmed exactly when they do.

Moon-Knight-GRC-Bus.jpg
NERDIST.COM

The second episode of Moon Knight revealed when the series takes place in the MCU timeline, and Disney+ confirmed exactly what year it happens.