Marvel's Moon Knight πŸŒ™ OT - Embrace the Chaos (First trailer, premiering March 30)

• Pikachu changed the title to Marvel's Moon Knight πŸŒ™ OT - Embrace the Chaos (First trailer, premiering March 30)

Noice. If they're not starting it until the end of March (it's 6 episodes), and they also want She Hulk (10 episodes), What If (9 episodes), and Ms. Marvel (6 episodes) all out by the fall (plus the I Am Groot shorts however they decide to release those), that means it's going to a be a pretty consistent pipeline of Marvel D+ shows from April-November.

Β 

It's 31 weeks worth of episodes they have planned for 2022, assuming they don't have double-feature weeks like with Hawkeye. Once they start Moon Knight, there's only 39 weeks left in the year. So that means taking breaks of only like 2 weeks at a time between shows, on average.

26 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Crazy Batman so... yes. But since it's on Diseny he probably won't. Like I said in the other thread, Moon Knight is the Batman you bloodthirsty types seem to want.

lol not even, i just don’t see what’s wrong with some people dying here and thereΒ 

• Confused 1

I was thinking about that Batman thread, talking about him killing people or not. It was funny, the original (Keaton) Batman was on last night. I hadn't seen it in years. He literally drops building-leveling bombs at the feet of the Joker's henchmen. He also Batwing machine gunned the Joker's parade float with the Batwing.

1 minute ago, Derek said:

I was thinking about that Batman thread, talking about him killing people or not. It was funny, the original (Keaton) Batman was on last night. I hadn't seen it in years. He literally drops building-leveling bombs at the feet of the Joker's henchmen. He also Batwing machine gunned the Joker's parade float with the Batwing.

Β 

The internet didn't exist back then so no one could complain.

2 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Β 

The internet didn't exist back then so no one could complain.

Lol. True. I never followed the comics, so I don't know where and when Batman's moral code started or where it stands.Β 

Β 

I do remember the Green Arrow CW show. At first he killed, then didn't want to, then I think he went back to it for a minute, then stopped again. Is it the same for Batman and his comics?

33 minutes ago, Derek said:

Lol. True. I never followed the comics, so I don't know where and when Batman's moral code started or where it stands.Β 

Β 

I do remember the Green Arrow CW show. At first he killed, then didn't want to, then I think he went back to it for a minute, then stopped again. Is it the same for Batman and his comics?

Β 

No, Batman is very strict with his code inΒ mostΒ Batman comics (not all though, and he does kill and of course does other very morally questionable things).

43 minutes ago, Derek said:

Β 

When Batman first appeared in the 30's, he definitely killed. The modern Batman doesn't and it's become an integral part of his character for the last 50 or so years. He doesn't kill and he doesn't use guns. In the movies it's different because I'm pretty sure Batman has killed in pretty much every live action film he's been in in the last 30 years.Β 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

Β 

No, Batman is very strict with his code inΒ mostΒ Batman comics (not all though, and he does kill and of course does other very morally questionable things).

I was just googling which actors have been Batman.

Β 

I'm sure Lewis Wilson, Robert Lowery and Adam West did not kill as Batman. Mostly due to their eras.Β 

Β 

Michael Keaton definitely did.

Β 

Clooney and Kilmer, I have no idea. I can't remember.

Β 

Christian Bale didn't purposely kill anyone.Β 

Β 

I'm sure Will Arnett as lego batman, did not.Β 

Β 

Ben Affleck did.Β  Gunned down some people.

Β 

17 minutes ago, Derek said:

I was just googling which actors have been Batman.

Β 

I'm sure Lewis Wilson, Robert Lowery and Adam West did not kill as Batman. Mostly due to their eras.Β 

Β 

Michael Keaton definitely did.

Β 

Clooney and Kilmer, I have no idea. I can't remember.

Β 

Christian Bale didn't purposely kill anyone.Β 

Β 

I'm sure Will Arnett as lego batman, did not.Β 

Β 

Ben Affleck did.Β  Gunned down some people.

Β 

Β 

I mean, the assumption is if we can ever assume implied death rather than no death when it comes to it not being shown actually on screen. We can assume those minions died, etc. but unless it was blatantly shown we're just assuming it based off of common sense. I think there's plenty of collateral damage Batman causes in all his films where that sort of wanton recklessness must end up killing people. There's no way the cop vs. batmobile chase scene in Batman Begins didn't kill people, regardless of Alfred later going: "it's a good thing no one was killed" or whatever he says.

Β 

I think the rule is more about direct killing, as in, you chose to rather than had to (even then, Batman tries his best to exhaust every possible solution before doing so). I mean, I don't mind different characterizations, but it was pretty shocking to see Batman straight up kill a bunch of criminals in that chase scene in Batman v Superman. I don't mind Batman killing, just make it matter if you're going to do so, not just wantonly gunning down a number of criminals.Β 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Crazy Batman so... yes. But since it's on Diseny he probably won't. Like I said in the other thread, Moon Knight is the Batman you bloodthirsty types seem to want.

Β 

I think he can definitely kill on this show, it just won't be exceedingly violent and bloody with blood splattering against the walls or anything. He can stab someone quickly and they immediately fall to the ground with no blood shown. It's not like we haven't seen people being killed in the MCU before. Even in Hawkeye they were killing people, and Kate is only 22!

12 hours ago, Brick said:

Β 

I think he can definitely kill on this show, it just won't be exceedingly violent and bloody with blood splattering against the walls or anything. He can stab someone quickly and they immediately fall to the ground with no blood shown. It's not like we haven't seen people being killed in the MCU before. Even in Hawkeye they were killing people, and Kate is only 22!

They could also go the route they did with John Walker. They didn't explicitly show him killing the guy in the street with blood going everywhere, but then showed the aftermath with the bloody shield.Β 

Β 

I guess you can't take too much from it, but the official poster released shows blood on his knuckles/weapon.

Β 

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
moon-knight-khonshu-1644939711762.jpg?wi
WWW.IGN.COM

We already knew that Oscar Isaac’sΒ Moon KnightΒ will encounter Egyptian God of the Moon, Khonshu – but now we know the deity will be voiced by the legendary F. Murray Abraham.

Β 

Β 

We already knew that Oscar Isaac’s Moon Knight will encounter Egyptian God of the Moon, Khonshu – but now we know the deity will be voiced by F. Murray Abraham.

Β 

Khonshu appeared very briefly in a recent Moon Knight trailer – haunting Isaac’s weirdly-British hero in a blink-and-you’ll-miss-it moment, and it looks as though F. Murray Abraham will voice the old God.

Β 

Β 

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
moon-knight-khonshu-1644939711762.jpg?wi
WWW.IGN.COM

We already knew that Oscar Isaac’sΒ Moon KnightΒ will encounter Egyptian God of the Moon, Khonshu – but now we know the deity will be voiced by the legendary F. Murray Abraham.

Β 

Β 

"Weirdly British?" What part iof "multiple personalities did this writer not get? Also F. Murray Abraham is a great choice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

Β 

I did and I enjoyed it very much, but then again I'm a sucker for Moon Knight anyway :p

Β 

Β 

I figured you would since you've been talking up the character a lot for the past couple of years. I'm not really familiar with him, so I'm looking forward to learning more about him from this show. Really only know that he's got multiple personalities, is kind of like Marvel's answer to Batman, and he's fucking crazy as balls.Β 

56 minutes ago, Brick said:

So did no one else watch this yet? That was an interesting premiere, but I want more already, and this only being 6 episodes is making me think it'll be too short. We'll see.Β 

Β 

I watched it around 4 o'clock this morning. Not a bad start to things, though I do wish it were going to be a longer series, though I wish that of all the Disney+ shows. Only real issue I had, and I freely admit it's personal preference, I wasn't thrilled with F. Murray Abraham voicing of Khonshu. I love FMA as an actor, but that is not the voice I've always imagined Khonshu having. I'm just really thrilled that Moon Knight is finally being brought to life. I hope they'll bring him into the MCU films as well.