Fireworks! Dancing girls! Confetti! Adam Levine slowly putting his clothes back on! The end of a long and competitive MGT season is here! The dust has settled and the 2018-19 champion determined! Without furth adieu...
** Feature Game **
Super Bowl LIII: New England Patriots (-2.5) vs Los Angeles Rams The team that nobody wants to see win again, wins again. New England is your Super Bowl LIII champ by a score of 13(-2.5)-3. But hey, that NFL100 commercial was pretty great, huh?
** Questions **
1) What will be the first scoring play of the Super Bowl? Patriots touchdown, Patriots field goal, Patriots safety, Rams touchdown, Rams field goal, Rams safety, or other? ($20,000 for the correct call) A 42 yard Gostkowski field goal in the 2nd quarter kicked off the scoring in this absolute barn-burner of a football game. Keyser_Soze was the only player to call this correctly.
2) What will be the final scoring play of the Super Bowl? Patriots touchdown, Patriots field goal, Patriots safety, Rams touchdown, Rams field goal, Rams safety, or other? ($20,000 for the correct call) Ending as it began, in underwhelming fashion. A 41 yard Patriots field goal ices the most boring Super Bowl in memory.
3) Which will be the highest scoring quarter of the Super Bowl? ($20,000 for the correct answer) The 4th quarter was the only quarter to see a team reach the end zone and was thus the highest scoring. Biggie and Keyser_Soze were the only 2 players who saw the FLURRY of scoring that would happen in the 4th.
4) Will the team leading at half-time go on to win? ($20,000 for the correct answer) The Patriots took a seemingly insurmountable 3 point lead into the half and went on to victory. The Yesses get it.
5) How many total field goals (not PATs) will be attempted during the Super Bowl? ($20,000 for the correct answer) 5 field goals were attempted over the course of this yawn-fest, with 3 successful. johnny was the only player to foresee this kick-fest going down.
6) What will the combined score be at the end of each quarter? Give us 4 scores, corresponding in order to the four quarters. You will win the Q6 cash for EACH correct answer. See my example answer below if you are confused. ($30,000 per correct score) 0, 3, 6, 16. Holy hell. Yeah, nobody got any of this one.
### FINAL LEADERBOARD ###
@BasemntDweller2 - $916,200 @thewhyteboar - $433,550 @johnny - $166,400 @Keyser_Soze - $120,000
Slug - $120,000 @Alpha1Cowboy - $78,500 @Biggie - $40,000 @SFLUFAN - $40,000 @Jose - $30,000 @Greatoneshere - $21,000 @Rbk_3 - 21,000 @RedSoxFan9 - $20,000 @mikechorney - $17,000 @Kal-El814 - $10,500
Was it his uncanny prognosticating? His shrewd betting? Or just his blind shit luck? Who knows?! What matters is that ** BasemntDweller2 ** is our winner! His aggressive betting left the door open for a Super Bowl upset, but a lost and inept Rams offense dashed any hopes of another player overtaking him! BasemntDweller2 wins a $50 NFLShop Gift Card and, more importantly, the title of D1P MGT I Champion! Congratulations BasemntDweller2! Message me here or on Discord to coordinate your prize!
Thank you to all of our players for an entertaining inaugural season for the MGT here on DayOnePatch. I hope this thread did it's job and gave you another way to enjoy this game we all love. Most of all I hope you had fun.
Train hard this off-season, brush up on your precogntion, and get ready for D1P MGT II coming September 2019!
## The 2018-19 MGT Season ##
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week 7 Week 8 Week 9 Week 10 Week 11 Week 12 Week 13 Week 14 Week 15 Week 16 Week 17 Wild Card Round Divisional Round Bye Week and MGT Fun Facts!
FINAL ROUND: SUPER BOWL LIII