- - - - -

Haha! Took me 1 hr to back up my game saves to the Cloud!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,882 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

And don't laugh, I just learned Friday I could save my 360 saves on a cloud.  Haha, guess I never thought about it. When my Ps3 puked, just got me to thinking... Time to backup....

Nice function though! Will come in handy one day. 500mb compared to ps3's 160 mb. Every game device should have a clould function.
We're all going to die one day, no matter how rich, how poor, what our beliefs are,  how healthy we are now, we're all going to die and lose these physical bodies forever. Live life, live it to the fullest and love everyone. - Ohioguy

#2 Quietstorm44

Quietstorm44
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

yeah it is a neat feature i actually use it about every weekend when i venture over to my friends house and dont feel like hauling my box over wish we could have a lil it more space than 500 mb
Posted Image

#3 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,882 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Yeah. 50 more mb and I'm over the limit.
We're all going to die one day, no matter how rich, how poor, what our beliefs are,  how healthy we are now, we're all going to die and lose these physical bodies forever. Live life, live it to the fullest and love everyone. - Ohioguy

#4 syntax808

syntax808
  • 395 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Is there a way to back-up all the saves at once or do you have to do them individually?
Posted Image

#5 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,882 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

View Postsyntax808, on 30 April 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Is there a way to back-up all the saves at once or do you have to do them individually?

this is a great question and even a greater question is why they don't offer it? no you can't. Seems like that would be easy to add the functionality.

#6 syntax808

syntax808
  • 395 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

View Postohioguy24, on 30 April 2012 - 12:06 PM, said:

this is a great question and even a greater question is why they don't offer it? no you can't. Seems like that would be easy to add the functionality.

Perhaps they don't do it cause of the small 512MB cloud save :confused:
Posted Image

#7 sgonzo2k

sgonzo2k
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

View Postsyntax808, on 30 April 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Yes you can... instead of going to the individual game folders go to the Hard Drive and press Y and click on the option to copy to the Cloud drive. This normally would copy everything over but only the save files will transfer, at the end you will get a message stating something like "not all files were copied" and these is usually everything else.

- The one drawback about doing it this way is that you are not going to know which saves are "copy" protected as some files you can only 'MOVE" rather than copy over.Those save files will remain in your hard drive unless you "move" them to the cloud drive.
-Also be careful if you have ROCK BAND songs in your hard drive, apparently the system recognizes them as save files so it only takes a few songs to fill up your cloud drive.
Posted Image  Posted Image

#8 mikechorney

mikechorney
  • 2,248 posts
  • Location3rd World

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM

View Postsgonzo2k, on 03 May 2012 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yes you can... instead of going to the individual game folders go to the Hard Drive and press Y and click on the option to copy to the Cloud drive. This normally would copy everything over but only the save files will transfer, at the end you will get a message stating something like "not all files were copied" and these is usually everything else.

- The one drawback about doing it this way is that you are not going to know which saves are "copy" protected as some files you can only 'MOVE" rather than copy over.Those save files will remain in your hard drive unless you "move" them to the cloud drive.
-Also be careful if you have ROCK BAND songs in your hard drive, apparently the system recognizes them as save files so it only takes a few songs to fill up your cloud drive.

How do I get them to sync automatically like on PSN+?
Posted Image

#9 sgonzo2k

sgonzo2k
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postmikechorney, on 03 May 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

How do I get them to sync automatically like on PSN+?

At this point there is no automatic sync in the 360. While you can use it as a backup for save files, the cloud drive works best if you use it more like the steam save system. So for example every time you load a game up you should be using the cloud drive to save your games. This is perfect for people like me that have multiple xboxes so every time I load a game from a different system the save files are always there. Yes this could become a problem when you can't access the cloud drive, which this is why I recommend at the end of every game to back up the save from the cloud to your hard drive...... at this moment we are just going to have to wait for microsoft to implement a system that when you use the cloud that it saves a copy in your hard drive every time.
Posted Image  Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users