Alpha1Cowboy

Good Time to Jump in and start painting. 

I'm just gonna post all Star Wars Legion Stuff in here..feel free to add.

We need a certain someone to throw up pics of their work because it was lost.  

Core Set on Amazon - $71.96

https://www.amazon.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-Star-Legion/dp/B076JNSDGL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533227393&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+legion

They just released the Fleet Troopers Expansion

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-legion/products/fleet-troopers-unit-expansion/

swl13_main.png

6 hours ago, SFLUFAN said:

Paging @Kal-El814

You rang?

Here's a huge dump ( @Jason ) of previously posted pics.

Spoiler

0TtHfw8.jpg

8Yn2Dvz.jpg

TTZejs4.jpg

P9V0qir.jpg

mDp6gNY.jpg

tYqWs6C.jpg

HQdiyTU.jpg

DIe4UBD.jpg

DCrZCwO.jpg

O0mXgQN.jpg

dVmTg9f.jpg

tLNoIYQ.jpg

YRq3Qu7.jpg

qlbDob3.jpg

vHaqM7D.jpg

Nj3bc1O.jpg

Sx4cZjJ.jpg

dryqGrC.jpg

YBk2AS9.jpg

nn4wI4H.jpg

5pwA02w.jpg

5ZBiKUH.jpg

TOpJX4r.jpg

5EBLjzO.jpg

f63QZAh.jpg

cSHfRb5.jpg

bNPq2qL.jpg

7DF5vVU.jpg

FBDSHSE.jpg

Zb6kJ5C.jpg

2yaZaeY.jpg

JRLEt14.jpg

j79pIhE.jpg

mW3TBiE.jpg

iXyngvK.jpg

i7dulUF.jpg

PiOBzsE.jpg

3XtoSZ1.jpg

DeZOYF2.jpg

RGZM3vc.jpg

udH8jqQ.jpg

yxgVT82.jpg

uMK55i1.jpg

ilPxXXb.jpg

And here's the latest work.

tXYMq4J.jpg

I tried to give the blue pants some nice contrast on the places most exposed to light. The belt buckle does a decent enough job at standing out at playing distance too, which is nice.

rhZwCvx.jpg

I like the sculpt overall, even if it got a little heat from some players. The sporting blaster is... enormous, but maybe she's holding it out there with one arm by using the force.

OiKUstC.jpg

Tried to give the hair a lot of tone depth since it's such an iconic part of Leia.

VoWMz2f.jpg

Gave her vest / pant stripe the same color as the screen accurate Fleet Trooper squad I did for consistency, as well as just liking that color in general.

SFwHSs5.jpg

Wonder twins!

JQFkuvu.jpg

Luke is my first attempt at object source lighting, tried to give his right side some blue tint due to its proximity to the lightsaber. The effect is more subtle IRL than my photo would suggest and I really like how it came out for my first attempt, I was worried he'd be a half Smurf and I effectively avoided that, I think. :p The gradient on the lightsaber looks a little better IRL too, though I wish I leaned into it more and made it lighter near the hilt. Maybe I'll mess with it later. Also, the first time I played with my filly painted Luke, a guy playing at an adjacent table based his Luke with "floating rocks" using some cork bits and thin, clear wire, and I've never been more jealous of someone else's base.

I am amzaed and horrified by how far behind I am at painting.   This house building thing is a time suck....I'm just too slow witht he painting and really bad jittery hands.

I have been watching a lot of gameplay tutorials....once the rest of the house is finished the basement will be fully my man cave and I'll set up completely.

A lot of cool terrain features available on ETSY makes me wish I had a 3D printer

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Kal-El814 said:

I picked up Han / 2 Commandos. My current Legion "backlog" is... 2 packs of Snowtroopers, Veers, Vader, 2 units of Speeder Bikes and 1 AT-ST.

I kind of can't wait for Legion to roll into the Clone Wars era where I won't feel the siren song of every fucking unit.

I just really want Lando....which of course hasn't been announced.  I am interested in the new Operative Units class though.  

I've only been able to watch only games played out due to no time, but once the weather turns cooler I plan to both hit up the nearest gameshop.    They are pretty huge into the Star Wars dice game...but I think the way Legion is set up it makes for pretty fast games..comparitively

• 4 weeks later...