Jump to content


- - - - -

Forza 5: Where's my LE stuff?


  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spawn_of_Apathy

Spawn_of_Apathy
  • Member
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:45 AM

I redeemed the QR code, but none of the LE, VIP, or Day One stuff is showing up in my game.

I got the in game message that I was VIP, but no tokens, and I don't see the cars for sale. I found the VIP thing under add-ons in the MS store, and it had an option to install it, so I did. And it's still not showing up in the game.

#2 EternallDarkness

EternallDarkness
  • Member
  • 4,213 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:53 AM

Spawn of Applebee has this game and I dont! :cry:

#3 Rick2101

Rick2101
  • Member
  • 3,003 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:19 AM

I can't find the day one stuff either :/
whenever you lose contact with the enemy, look behind you!
CSULB ftw.
Live/PSN tag: Rick2101
Warning: Children in the Backseat of a car can cause accidents
Warning: Accidents in the backseat of a car can cause children ;)

#4 Spork3245

Spork3245
  • Member
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

I have the same problem, didn't even get the in game tokens, just  a message from the devs saying I'm "VIP"
No talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath... And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence and his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him... And it will make the running that the man did live on forever. -Ultimate Warrior

#5 Spawn_of_Apathy

Spawn_of_Apathy
  • Member
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

So last night I had 100 tokens, didn't use them, log in today and I have 0 tokens

#6 Kyio

Kyio

    The Heliocentric Knight!

  • Administrator
  • 19,244 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

What is this Forza 5 madness O_o
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Kyio Nitor -- Sargatanas Server
Free Company -- Wild Tonberries

-- www.TheWildTonberries.com --

"The marks on your head look like stars in the sky"

#7 The def star

The def star

    It's a me!

  • Moderator
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:18 PM

Is there an asterisk next to it on the paper with the qr code? On my KI ultimate edition it said that dome of exclusive stuff that is supposed to come with it might not be available at launch. So maybe they are gonna trickle it down to you as it becomes available.
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: the_def_star, Instagram: the_def_star, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/defstarmusic Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the_def_star ,YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DotDS

#8 Spawn_of_Apathy

Spawn_of_Apathy
  • Member
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostThe def star, on 23 November 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Is there an asterisk next to it on the paper with the qr code? On my KI ultimate edition it said that dome of exclusive stuff that is supposed to come with it might not be available at launch. So maybe they are gonna trickle it down to you as it becomes available.

I don't see one.

What's also weird is my friend redeemed his, and while he didn't see the cars, or 2x accelerated rewards, he has 1350 tokens. Which means he did get the tokens.

I also wonder if the D1P didn't download for whatever reason, or isn't out yet. I qued up Netflix and Hulu Plus to download after I initiated the install of Forza 5. Once Forza 5 finished installing I quickly got the prompts saying that each app had downloaded. So I don't know if the D1P downloaded for Forza 5 prior to allowing me to start playing, and the game or system didn't say anything, or if that update and potentially any content didn't download.

#9 jaethos

jaethos
  • Member
  • 796 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

As far as I can tell the XB1 makes you download the update before it will install the disc, so you should be fine.

#10 Spork3245

Spork3245
  • Member
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

View Postjaethos, on 23 November 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

As far as I can tell the XB1 makes you download the update before it will install the disc, so you should be fine.

Well, no, not "fine" since the OP, myself and others are still missing our LE stuff :(
No talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath... And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence and his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him... And it will make the running that the man did live on forever. -Ultimate Warrior

#11 Spawn_of_Apathy

Spawn_of_Apathy
  • Member
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

Apparently this is a widespread and very known issue. Being such, and basically meaning people that spent an additional $20 on their game are getting nothing that extra sum was promising, I'm surprised Turn 10 has not issued some kind of statement/apology.

As I said on Forzamotorsport.net

Quote

It's as though Turn 10 wants to prove to us how "not worth it" their Limited Editions are. That they really don't want us buying them. The LE for FM3 was nice, and felt like it added some good value to the game. Forza 4, suddenly one of the car packs I got with my LE is now part of the value of the Season Pass. That was some BS.

And now in Forza 5, I don't even get the stuff the LE says it's supposed to come with. I think I saw the VIP cars in there. But not the LE, or Day One cars, I don't have the VIP crown, I don't have the tokens, I don't have the 2x accelerated rewards.

WTF guys?! This is ****ing shameful. The only way you guys can make the LE less worth it for Forza 6 is if the actual game file is corrupt, and we're unable to get refunds or replacements. And the way the value of the LE is trending, I'm thinking that's what's going to happen.


#12 Spork3245

Spork3245
  • Member
  • 5,537 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostSpawn_of_Apathy, on 23 November 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

Apparently this is a widespread and very known issue. Being such, and basically meaning people that spent an additional $20 on their game are getting nothing that extra sum was promising, I'm surprised Turn 10 has not issued some kind of statement/apology.

As I said on Forzamotorsport.net

They really need to fix this or I seriously wasted $20 and went with a physical disc when I would've gone digital if not for the LE.
No talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath... And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence and his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him... And it will make the running that the man did live on forever. -Ultimate Warrior

#13 The def star

The def star

    It's a me!

  • Moderator
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:18 PM

I'm sure they are going to fix this. It's only the second day since the Xbox One has been out. Turn 10 is always good at rewarding the community especially with in game content.
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: the_def_star, Instagram: the_def_star, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/defstarmusic Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the_def_star ,YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DotDS

#14 Spawn_of_Apathy

Spawn_of_Apathy
  • Member
  • 4,202 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

View PostThe def star, on 23 November 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

I'm sure they are going to fix this. It's only the second day since the Xbox One has been out. Turn 10 is always good at rewarding the community especially with in game content.

Considering their "Forza Rewards" site has been very inconsistent in giving me my redeemed rewards (occasionally giving me the money, never giving me the cars), I wouldn't say that.

Then there was one of the car packs that was part of the Forza 4 LE that was then also free with the Season Pass. Devaluing for LE owners. No compensation.

And I don't care if it's been two days. The LE was announced earlier than Friday. They've had time to make sure that their paying customers got the content they paid $20 extra for. And in 2 days they can't fucking make a statement?!

My friend not only got his tokens yesterday evening, but today he gets home and Turn 10 gifted him 3 cars.... I haven't been gifted shit, and the only reason he buys Forza is because I pushed him into trying Forza 3. He had zero interest and only reluctantly tried the demo.

#15 The def star

The def star

    It's a me!

  • Moderator
  • 12,199 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:17 AM

View PostSpawn_of_Apathy, on 23 November 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

Considering their "Forza Rewards" site has been very inconsistent in giving me my redeemed rewards (occasionally giving me the money, never giving me the cars), I wouldn't say that.

Then there was one of the car packs that was part of the Forza 4 LE that was then also free with the Season Pass. Devaluing for LE owners. No compensation.

And I don't care if it's been two days. The LE was announced earlier than Friday. They've had time to make sure that their paying customers got the content they paid $20 extra for. And in 2 days they can't fucking make a statement?!

My friend not only got his tokens yesterday evening, but today he gets home and Turn 10 gifted him 3 cars.... I haven't been gifted shit, and the only reason he buys Forza is because I pushed him into trying Forza 3. He had zero interest and only reluctantly tried the demo.

:no way:
Posted Image
Follow me on Twitter: the_def_star, Instagram: the_def_star, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/defstarmusic Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/the_def_star ,YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DotDS




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users