madmankevin

~~D1P's All Time Game Completion Thread - list 'em - rate 'em - discuss 'em!~~

On 11/2/2017 at 7:07 AM, GuyWhoPostsThings said:

THOSE ARE ALL THE GAMES?!

I completed a ton of games last year but not as much this year. I have more to update, will do so shortly.

Job Simulator VR - stupid, just what I was looking for. A fun and stupid time, 4/5

Life Is Strange - gotdaymn this game was great! I mean PS+ sucks and I hate that I got this game through it. Time to get that plat slammiestguyev4r! 4/5

~2017~

Rez Infinite - 5/5

Disney Infinity 2.0 (Vita) - 3/5

Surgeon Simulator VR - 4/5

Parappa The Rapper Remastered - 4/5

Job Stimulator - 4/5

Life Is Strange - 4/5

Batman Arkham Asylum (of the Return to Arkham collection)

I already Batman AA and AC  on PS3 with all the DLC but PSN  had it on sale for less that $10 and I couldn't pass up a remaster of 2 great games. Batman AA just never gets old as I believe this is my 4th time beating this game and 3rd system. I've platinum and 1000/1000 on PS3 and 360 respectively. The story and performances never get old. The remaster is pretty. I've got 20 more riddles to find and I'm going to start Arkham City next which I really look forward to since I've only beat that game once but it was so memorable.

5/5.

Persona 5 - Essential

I elaborated on this in my Persona 5 thread on the Sony board, but to put it succinctly: I put 120 hours into this game and wouldn't have minded staying with these characters for some more time. I <3 Morgana.

2017 Games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Don't Recommend (but know I'm in the minority)

Titanfall 2 - Recommended

Infamous: First Light - Recommended

Titan Souls - Haven't finished

Resident Evil HD Remaster - Haven't finished (put down for GR2)

Gravity Rush 2 - Recommended with some reservations (loved flying, loved getting gems, loved some of the epic missions, but some of the side missions were bad, as were the insta-fail stealth missions)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Essential

Tearaway Unfolded - Recommended

Bloodborne - Essential

Horizon: Zero Dawn x2 - Essential

Killing Floor 2 - Essential

Titan Attacks! - Recommended

Wipeout Omega Collection - Recommended for racing fans

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - Essential

God of War 3: Remastered - Recommended (essential if you never played it on the PS4)

The Last of Us: Remastered - Essential

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Essential

Sonic Mania - Essential

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Essential

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Essential

Matterfall - Recommended

Resogun - Essential
Persona 5 - Essential

On 12/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, Hurdyb1 said:

Batman Arkham Asylum (of the Return to Arkham collection)

I already Batman AA and AC  on PS3 with all the DLC but PSN  had it on sale for less that $10 and I couldn't pass up a remaster of 2 great games. Batman AA just never gets old as I believe this is my 4th time beating this game and 3rd system. I've platinum and 1000/1000 on PS3 and 360 respectively. The story and performances never get old. The remaster is pretty. I've got 20 more riddles to find and I'm going to start Arkham City next which I really look forward to since I've only beat that game once but it was so memorable.

5/5.

You good sir, are talking my language! :daydream:

My AA completions (brace yourself!):

360 GOTY

360 Japanese

Games For Windows Live (remember that?!)

Games For Windows Live GOTY

Xbox One

PS3

PS3 Japanese

PS4

That's 6000 gamerscore and 3 platinum trophies. I'm kind of a nut with this game. :blush: I think there are two steam versions that I don't have the capability to play. But other than that, I've done all I can!

36 Fragments of Midnight. It was a cheap little platformer, cross buy, two plats, three bucks, an hour of fun, not bad. 3/5

@SFLUFAN I know you'll make your 2018 thread, but that's basically turned into a duplicate of what this one is. Kill mine, kill yours, whatever, I don't know if all of these stickies are necessary. I think the stickies on the gaming forums need to be looked at in general. For example: there's too many threads stickied on the handheld boards, a couple no longer used, one on the Sony board no longer used, and one on the deals board that I can't believe hasn't been jettisoned into space years ago! 14 posts over 4 years, the last being almost 2 years ago... time to take some of these stuck threads out back to put them down! :P

My two cents, happy 2018 gamers!

The last game I played in 2017 was Undertale. I don't know whether or not I'd say recommended or essential. The combat is mostly bullet hell sequences, which are fun but you know, not exactly amazing. However, the humor was awesome, the jokes about RPG tropes were great ("Why is this guy trying to sell stuff to me? This is a hamburger stand. I'm just trying to make a living."), and the amount of endings and how to get them were pretty cool. In fact, the reason you have to continue to do a few more things you may have missed in order to get the best ending works well within the story of the best ending! So it's somewhere there... I'll just go with essential. It's not like it's expensive.

2017 Games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Don't Recommend (but know I'm in the minority)

Titanfall 2 - Recommended

Infamous: First Light - Recommended

Titan Souls - Haven't finished

Resident Evil HD Remaster - Haven't finished (put down for GR2)

Gravity Rush 2 - Recommended with some reservations (loved flying, loved getting gems, loved some of the epic missions, but some of the side missions were bad, as were the insta-fail stealth missions)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Essential

Tearaway Unfolded - Recommended

Bloodborne - Essential

Horizon: Zero Dawn x2 - Essential

Killing Floor 2 - Essential

Titan Attacks! - Recommended

Wipeout Omega Collection - Recommended for racing fans

Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy - Essential

God of War 3: Remastered - Recommended (essential if you never played it on the PS4)

The Last of Us: Remastered - Essential

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Essential

Sonic Mania - Essential

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - Essential

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Essential

Matterfall - Recommended

Resogun - Essential
Persona 5 - Essential

Undertale - Essential

Man, I got a lot of great gaming hours last year!

The Last of Us Remastered 

This was the first I have ever played this game every one raved about and it was good. I don't know if it was a good as everyone made it out to be but that could be since the game is quite a few years old. The story is very very engaging. I never wanted to get off the controller. The game play isn't deep or complex but it does a great job of making you feel the pressure of situations. I did some research on the remastered version compared to the PS3 version and I'm am glad I played this on the PS4 Pro cause this game is very pretty. I love the way has to gather items and be wise with use. The gather of items and using them in this survival manner reminded me a little of Metal gear solid 3, my all time favorite video game. There were moments were I was highly conservative to other times when the situations would be so intense, I was willing to use all my resources to get out of a situation and hope to gather more things along the way. Some times I took out all the enemies and other times I felt it necessary just to sneak past. Loved this idea of decision making at times. Again, loved the story. I wished the ending had more bang but it's one that has me constantly thinking and I appreciate that.  I don't know if this is a game I would play again anytime soon but the first time play thru was great. This was seriously like playing a movie for real.

4.5 out 5

Quantum Break - OK game with a cool premise, nice visuals, unsatisfying gunplay, and cheap ass final boss.

I played it.  I beat it.  I will never touch it again.