• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
madmankevin

~~D1P's All Time Game Completion Thread - list 'em - rate 'em - discuss 'em!~~

639 posts in this topic

Surgeon Simulator Experience Reality (VR) - no matter how many times I go back to the original Surgeon Simulator, I find that I just don't like it. I know it's a fumblecore game, but I can't help but want slightly better controls. See Surgeon Simulator VR. It's as silly as the original, but with better controls. That might defeat the purpose for some, but the fun was moreso for me. A much better experience. 4/5

~2017~

Rez Infinite - 5/5

Disney Infinity 2.0 (Vita) - 3/5

Surgeon Simulator VR - 4/5

Finished the main campaign in Mass Effect: Andromeda- 8.5 out of 10 

Great gameplay customization and graphics. I loved the exploration and customization. The animation issues have been well covered (and overblown in my opinion) But most of those were fixed with patches. I did think the final battle was underwhelming and although I played the game on the next to hardest difficulty, It felt too easy. Also these squadmates were the least interesting of the series so far. Despite that, this was a great game and fans of the series shouldn't miss out. I'm still playing post credits, doing some side missions that piqued my interest and I DEFINITELY hope that after this break that they're taking with the series, they continue the story in Andromeda.

On 5/28/2017 at 11:05 AM, skillzdadirecta said:

Finished the main campaign in Mass Effect: Andromeda- 8.5 out of 10 

Great gameplay customization and graphics. I loved the exploration and customization. The animation issues have been well covered (and overblown in my opinion) But most of those were fixed with patches. I did think the final battle was underwhelming and although I played the game on the next to hardest difficulty, It felt too easy. Also these squadmates were the least interesting of the series so far. Despite that, this was a great game and fans of the series shouldn't miss out. I'm still playing post credits, doing some side missions that piqued my interest and I DEFINITELY hope that after this break that they're taking with the series, they continue the story in Andromeda.

I'm probably waiting until they finish with all the patches (mostly to fix stuff that was messed up at the beginning), but I do want to play it. Like many 2017 games, it's waiting!

Bloodborne -- Essen-fucking-tial

Played through it again, did every Chalice Dungeon, helped a billion people with Chalice Dungeons, and what can I say that I didn't already say in this thread? It's still a fantastic game with an engrossing world, phenomenal level design, phenomenal bosses (some of the best, imo), great enemies, awesome weapons (I once again used a weapon I hadn't used in previous playthroughs and found awesome uses for it, in this case, Holy Moonlight Sword, and it had its own great uses as all of them do), fantastic DLC (I own the GOTY version anyway)... just fucking great. I love the Chalice Dungeons as well. Some are down on it, but if you play the dungeons alongside the main campaign, you see that it has some great enemies, awesome bosses and they're just fucking fun.

Now to return to the world of Horizon as I wait for Wipeout and Crash in June! Perfect pick-up-and-play games to play alongside Horizon.

2017 Games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Don't Recommend (but know I'm in the minority)

Titanfall 2 - Recommended

Infamous: First Light - Recommended

Titan Souls - Haven't finished

Resident Evil HD Remaster - Haven't finished (put down for GR2)

Gravity Rush 2 - Recommended with some reservations (loved flying, loved getting gems, loved some of the epic missions, but some of the side missions were bad, as were the insta-fail stealth missions)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Essential

Tearaway Unfolded - Recommended

Bloodborne - Essential

I just beat Bloodborne yesterday as well, second time through. This time beat all the optional bosses and DLC bosses as well. That game is just incredible. 

Metal Gear Solid 5 

I don't believe I beat this game. Granted, I have been playing this off and on. Might be the best open world game I have ever played. When Kojima said he would go open world with this entry in the series, I like others was skeptic. Initially I was turned off by how big and what seemed like little story to this game compared to the previous MGS games. One day I just focused in on the game play and appreciating that. Once I did that, it allowed me to be sucked into the game and understand how the gameplay contributed to driving the story along. Once I realized the story was comprised of so many things such as building the base, listening to cassettes, and doing your missions, I was getting the story I wanted. The gameplay though is a master piece. Never have I played a game where you can attack a level or a situation in so many ways. As I was playing, I often thought, this was the game I dreamed of playing one day where the power to play a game to what you can imagine doing. Want to go in guns blazing, stealthy, no combat at all, it's all there. As I was getting up to tougher levels and needed some help from you tube, I was amazed to see so many players with various ways to attack levels. I even saw it myself as my son picked up the game and he was doing levels totally different from how I was doing them. As the story was developing, it was interesting to see how this game tied into the other MGS titles. I do think when the story develops deeper in to the game, it does have the Kojima weirdness we expect. When the game was nearing the end, I did not want it to end cause I was learning more things that I could do. I seriously would not replaying this game even though I suck almost 90 hours into my first play thru. 

The game started out with a bang but slowed down a bit cause it's a different beast from the other MGS game but once one nvests and commits to it, it's so good. My only gripe with the game is that later on you have to replay levels which seems pretty lazy to extend a game that didn't need to artifically do that. Other than that, it's excellent. 

9 out of 10

Resident Evil 7 - 8.5/10. I played about 5 hours of RE7 when originally purchased way back in February and for whatever reason never went back to it until the last week or so. It was a fantastic, well paced game with a decent story.

The downer were the enemies which were lacking and fairly shite, but the overall tone and presentation make up for it. It will actively make me look forward to what RE8 can bring to the table, if we ever get it. 

Playing through Crash now. I have three other games I haven't given ratings to yet but added to the list. I liked all of them, Killing Floor 2 in particular. When I get the time to type a proper summary, I shall.

2017 Games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Don't Recommend (but know I'm in the minority)

Titanfall 2 - Recommended

Infamous: First Light - Recommended

Titan Souls - Haven't finished

Resident Evil HD Remaster - Haven't finished (put down for GR2)

Gravity Rush 2 - Recommended with some reservations (loved flying, loved getting gems, loved some of the epic missions, but some of the side missions were bad, as were the insta-fail stealth missions)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Essential

Tearaway Unfolded - Recommended

Bloodborne - Essential

Horizon: Zero Dawn x2 - Essential

Killing Floor 2

Titan Attacks!

Wipeout Omega Collection