• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 28: The 2017 E3 Review Show (Recording June 23 - share your E3 impressions!)   06/01/2017

Now that E3 2017 has concluded, the D1Pcast crew will be recording its impressions of the show on Friday June 23 at around 6:30pm Eastern time.  Like we did for the preview show, we'll run through each conference and give our thoughts on the good, bad, and the wonderfully inexplicable (Devolver Digital - I'm looking at you!).   We're very much interested in hearing your thoughts and impressions about this past E3, so feel free to share them in this thread.  Or -- even better! -- if you'd like to join us for this episode, we'd love to have you on the show!  The more, the merrier as we put a capstone on our E3 2017 coverage!  
    • SFLUFAN

E3 2017 is upon us!   06/07/2017

The annual celebration of all things video gaming is upon us, so let us share in the revelry and post the news, videos, interviews, and discussion topics in our dedicated E3 2017 board here:   http://www.dayonepatch.com/index.php?/forum/122-e3-2017/   Also, feel free to join our Discord server for live text and voice chat of the various conferences - here's an invite that (theoretically) should not expire:   https://discord.gg/chqTQ2F   Let's all have a magnificent E3!
madmankevin

~~D1P's All Time Game Completion Thread - list 'em - rate 'em - discuss 'em!~~

637 posts in this topic

Transformers Devastation

Such a fun game. FUN!!!! Even more fun if you are a fan that grew up with the 80s cartoon. Seemed like playing a live action episode in motion. The fighting, combos with transformations, the graphics, the fact that the voice actors of the G1 cartoon were brought back (except for Starscream's, RIP), and the overall polish for one great product. The pace is great and the boss fights are awesome. Just the fighting in general is great. Game is SWEET! I wish there was more Transformers to use but it was probably  wise to limit it so that each character felt unique and got some significant time in the game along with proper development attention. 

8.5/10

Walking Dead: Episode 2.  It was fucked up and made me feel bad about things I did.  All in all, very good indeed.  I've got Season 1 and it's great fun to dip in and out of as the game itself is very easy but ultimately engaging.  I don't know how if I'll ever get Season 2, but it's nice as a distraction either way.  Plus, it's always good to make use of the PS3 from time to time.

17 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Walking Dead: Episode 2.  It was fucked up and made me feel bad about things I did.  All in all, very good indeed.  I've got Season 1 and it's great fun to dip in and out of as the game itself is very easy but ultimately engaging.  I don't know how if I'll ever get Season 2, but it's nice as a distraction either way.  Plus, it's always good to make use of the PS3 from time to time.

I still think that the Walking Dead season 1 is the BEST Telltale game experience I have ever had of their titles. Nothing as come close to that one game and what it makes you feel emotionally with your decisions. 

Transformers Devastation: 7/10.  The game picked up a lot but I felt that it would have benefited a lot from a more interesting environment, more in depth levels and probably more diversity.  Smashing shit up is great fun with the odd turret section, but for a game where you're a robot that can become a vehicle, I felt it could have done an awful lot more with this in mind. 

Either way, well worth the price of admission (being free). 

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin - 9/10

Dark Souls 2 was a very fun game that had great DLC and a fun base game. Now, to those who played Bloodborne, the bosses, level design and art direction are not as good in Dark Souls 2. There was one area, Blood Gulch, that was one line from the bonfire to the boss, and a couple secret paths on the side. Some areas, like Forest of the Fallen Giant, were a bit more complex, but I remember some areas having very straight-forward paths. The Belfry areas are a great example of the straight-forwardness of many of the areas, as is Heide's Tower of Flame. Though I have to admit, dropping into that hole by the mansion in Majura and finding out what the hell was down there was a lot of fun. 

The DLC's areas are more interesting, imo, both in how they look and exploring them. The shortcuts, the paths wrapping back to the beginning, the areas just out of sight that you knew you could get to but didn't know how, they were all there. There was also a difficulty spike with the first DLC that I didn't encounter in the second and third, which I thought was funny after reading how many people put the first DLC (Sunken King) as the easiest of them. But if the level design seemed lacking overall, the DLC makes up for it, especially since there are three areas.

Though there are way more pieces of armor and weapons than Bloodborne, including Bloodborne's DLC stuff, I didn't find many of them to be all that different. There were a ton of generic swords, there was a Large Club that was irrelevant once you got the Great Club, which I felt was irrelevant once you got the Demon's Great Hammer if you just wanted an enemy to bludgeon enemies. It was different from Bloodborne where I thought many of the weapons could be used at any point during the game and all had their unique uses and perks, so you weren't really getting new weapons as a replacement because they were more powerful but more because of what the weapon offered. In DS2, there were late-game weapons which I think have more potential, but I think the variety comes more from if you want to use a bow, melee or spells. And there lies the variety I didn't explore in one playthrough which I'm sure I can in another. Or maybe I'll go for spells in DS3.

It almost sounds like I'm down on the game, but I'm not: I came in expecting it to be not as good as Bloodborne -- which is fine since that's my game of the generation along with MGSV, Resogun and Uncharted 4, and on another replay, I might even bump Ratchet & Clank up -- and for it to play a bit slower, but also to have a very good time, and I had a great time! The things I liked most about the base game are:

1) The secrets. The Pharros Lockstones, the Fragrant Branches of Yore, and all the illusory walls led to some really cool items.

2) The multiplayer. I dug having four allies and NPCs for some of the areas/boss fights. There's a specific boss fight in the Iron King where you can have seven allies, for a total of 8 people vs. the boss, which consists of a lot of enemies. It was one of my favorite boss fights for that reason alone.

This is definitely worth a play, and there's a lot to do in this. Since I hear 3 is a better game, I'm glad I played 2 first to appreciate what it had to offer.

2016 games

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 9.5/10
The Witness - 9/10
The Order: 1886 - 8/10
Life Is Strange - 9/10
Amplitude - 8/10
Nom Nom Galaxy - 8.5/10
Gravity Rush Remastered - 8.5/10
Broforce - 7/10
Bloodborne x2 - 10/10
Dragon Quest: Heroes - 6/10
Ratchet & Clank x2 - 9.5/10

Alienation x3 - 9/10

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End x2 - 10/10

Ratchet & Clank - 9.5/10

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 7/10

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 9.5/10

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 9/10

Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time - 9/10

Gone Home - 7.5/10

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 10/10

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - Couldn't finish/10

Street Fighter V - 9.5/10

Doom - 9/10

Zombi - 8.5/10

Broken Age - 8/10

Day of the Tentacle - 8.5/10

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 8/10, parts of it were visually stunning and the soundtrack and way the story was told were equally fantastic.  For the style of game, it lasted maybe an hour too long which meant I sighed at one point when I had to plod along.  It was well worth the price of admission however.

13 hours ago, gamer.tv said:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture - 8/10, parts of it were visually stunning and the soundtrack and way the story was told were equally fantastic.  For the style of game, it lasted maybe an hour too long which meant I sighed at one point when I had to plod along.  It was well worth the price of admission however.

I quote enjoyed that neighborhood! I need to go back and complete each area since I completed about two or three and then got to the end.

The Last Guardian - Beat the game last night, what a treat this one is! I thought I recall Shuhei saying that it was basically cancelled at one point but fan demand didn't allow them to announce it or continue with their plans. It really feels like a gift thinking about that.

The game has its flaws. Being okay with the flaws in ICO/Shadow prepared my expectations for this game. Controls are sluggish at times, camera is shit (oh how I wish you could just go into first person a lot of the time), the frame rate gets really rough in parts, and that blink/reset thing the game does is nauseating. Why haven't I heard anybody else talk about that? DF, the few reviews I've gone through, nobody. It's bad. At times it appears to be a camera reset mechanism but it happens so frequently, even when the camera doesn't need help, that I can't help but feel that it's some sort of memory reset system. And as far as the controls go, there were two puzzles at the end where the sluggish nature of the controls were actually a detriment in ways that I haven't see in games before. Both times I knew right away what I needed to do, but when I tried it and it didn't work, I quit on that approach and ran around (for one of them I ran around for hours) only to realize that I was right with my first approach but something was a pixel off or something. Kind of frustrating in a game like this

Thankfully, this game's strengths kick the above negatives squarely in the testicles. This is easily my favorite of the three. With how little of the story that was told in ICO/Shadow, I'm really surprised with how fleshed out this one is, while still being told in a minimalist way. I love how the story is told here and I really love the fact that mostly everything is explained. I usually hate the "up for interpretation" way of telling stories, and considering the first two did that, I'm really glad this one didn't.

I have always been worried that there would be no way the two characters would be able to go through this world together. I always thought because of Trico's size, he'd be left alone while you run into a building or do something. Basically I was worried about the separation but for the most part, you two are connected through the whole story. It makes those moments where you are separated very intense and special.

Trico, holy shit. What a character he is. You really watch him grow throughout the game and it is really quite noticeable how much he learns through the journey. It might sound weird to make this comparison, but I thought of the interactions with Trico is a lot like John Connor and the Terminator in Terminator 2. That was a story of a boy and his time traveling robot, this is one of a boy and his birddogcatthing. The evolution of Trico is really quite noticeable, and the bond the two develop was really fun to be a part of. Knowing of and seeing this game for years, I really never thought of him as a walking platform either so I was pleasantly surprised on how he was used. And he poops! And you can carry his poop around! And he almost pooped on me one time! So awesome!

I did something I have never done in gaming before. Immediately after completing this game, I went to amazon and bought the collector's edition. I need more of The Last Guardian in my life! The game that made me buy a PS3 last gen was one worth waiting for. 5/5

Spoiler
  • 2016 Game Completion List
  • Tearaway Unfolded - 4/5
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 4/5
  • Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - 4/5
  • Amplitude - 3/5
  • Taco Master - 3/5
  • Menage A Blops - 2/5
  • Firewatch - 3/5
  • Just Cause 3 - 4/5
  • Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress dlc - 3/5
  • Snoopy's Grand Adventure - 2/5
  • Catlateral Damage - 3/5
  • Ratchet and Clank - 5/5
  • Severed - 5/5
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour - 3/5
  • Uncharted 4 - 5/5
  • Just Cause 3 Mech Land Assault dlc - 1/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Galaga - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Ms Pac-Man - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Dig-Dug - 3/5
  • Gone Home: 2/5
  • Song of the Deep (NA): 4/5
  • Song of the Deep (EU): 4/5
  • Pac-Man 256: 4/5
  • Ultratron: 3/5
  • Just Cause 3 Bavarium Sea Hesit: 4/5
  • Adventure Capitalis: 3/5
  • Adam's Venture Origins: 3/5
  • NERO: 2/5
  • Disney Infinity 3.0: 4/5
  • The Last Guardian: 5/5

Putting Firewatch into the list as well.

I really have to think about the ranking for The Last Guardian. There's a lot to soak in, and I've thought about the game a lot, especially the ending. There are some well-composed shots in some of these scenes that really rocked my emotionally.

2016 games

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - 9.5/10
The Witness - 9/10
The Order: 1886 - 8/10
Life Is Strange - 9/10
Amplitude - 8/10
Nom Nom Galaxy - 8.5/10
Gravity Rush Remastered - 8.5/10
Broforce - 7/10
Bloodborne x2 - 10/10
Dragon Quest: Heroes - 6/10
Ratchet & Clank x2 - 9.5/10

Alienation x3 - 9/10

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End x2 - 10/10

Ratchet & Clank - 9.5/10

Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando - 7/10

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal - 9.5/10

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction - 9/10

Ratchet & Clank Future: Crack in Time - 9/10

Gone Home - 7.5/10

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 10/10

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - Couldn't finish/10

Street Fighter V - 9.5/10

Doom - 9/10

Zombi - 8.5/10

Broken Age - 8/10

Day of the Tentacle - 8.5/10

Ratchet & Clank replay - 9.5/10

Firewatch - 8/10

The Last Guardian - still thinking about the score

I missed a few in here, going to blast through the remaining 2016 games completed before I start anew with 2017!

Batman Arkham Asylum PS4 - what I can I say, I love this game! This is my 8th 100% console completion of this game, and after going through the XB1 version, I'll be at 9/9. But seeing as I'm only 8/9 completions, I'll give this an 8/9!

Batman Arkham VR - I love this! Great VR game. Short, sweet, but interesting in what's there. I could have used a little longer experience, but what's here is great. 4/5

Caladrius Blaze - Import friendly SHUMP. One of the better SHUMPs I've played actually. 4/5

Disney Infinity and Disney Infinity 2.0 - I love these fuckin' games. 4/5

VVVVVV - Fun platformer. 3/5

Tales From The Borderlands - This is one of the better (and funnier) TT games. I wish they would stray from the "interactive story" mechanics and actually give you some real decisions that truly affect the game you play. With that said, 4/5

My Name Is Mayo - I'm ashamed of myself. 1/5

Spoiler
  • 2016 Game Completion List
  • Tearaway Unfolded - 4/5
  • Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - 4/5
  • Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection - 4/5
  • Amplitude - 3/5
  • Taco Master - 3/5
  • Menage A Blops - 2/5
  • Firewatch - 3/5
  • Just Cause 3 - 4/5
  • Just Cause 3 Sky Fortress dlc - 3/5
  • Snoopy's Grand Adventure - 2/5
  • Catlateral Damage - 3/5
  • Ratchet and Clank - 5/5
  • Severed - 5/5
  • Table Top Racing: World Tour - 3/5
  • Uncharted 4 - 5/5
  • Just Cause 3 Mech Land Assault dlc - 1/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Galaga - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Pac-Man - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Ms Pac-Man - 3/5
  • Arcade Game Series: Dig-Dug - 3/5
  • Gone Home: 2/5
  • Song of the Deep (NA): 4/5
  • Song of the Deep (EU): 4/5
  • Pac-Man 256: 4/5
  • Ultratron: 3/5
  • Just Cause 3 Bavarium Sea Hesit: 4/5
  • Adventure Capitalis: 3/5
  • Adam's Venture Origins: 3/5
  • NERO: 2/5
  • Disney Infinity 3.0: 4/5
  • The Last Guardian: 5/5
  • Batman AA PS4: 8/9
  • Batman Arkham VR: 4/5
  • Caladrius Blaze: 4/5
  • Disney Infinity: 4/5
  • Disney Infinity 2.0: 4/5
  • VVVVVV: 3/5
  • Tales From The Borderlands: 4/5
  • My Name Is Mayo - 1/5
  • My Name Is Mayo - 1/5

40 games/dlc packs completed. Short year really...

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Couldn't finish/10

I'm seriously shocked. It started so fun, but the open-world actually hurt it because there weren't many well-constructed areas to fight as Uncharted 4 had. So it was filled with very bad quests. At one point, they told me to deliver something to another camp, so the quest was go to the camp and press Square by the materials, then run halfway across the map and press Square by some basket to put them in, and then run all the way back for your reward.

Um, what?

Story wasn't interesting either, and though the crafting and searching for money seemed fun at first, and finding some people for side missions, it just became repetitive. It really is a poor man's Uncharted. No crafting or any of that and yet UC 2 - 4 are far superior games because they embrace what they're good at. 

Titanfall 2 - 8.5/10 (single-player only)

Haven't delved into the multiplayer, but I went through the single-player, and it's very good! It FEELS good, first and foremost. It plays like butter (60fps even under extreme circumstances). The platforming feels so good, and the shooting, both on-foot and in the titan, feel great. Some great missions are in here, as well, and while the story was nothing to write home about, it was still a decent story! I'm very happy they put in a very fun and well put-together campaign as the first game having no such component was a big reason why I wouldn't have bought it even if it came to the PS4.

Infamous: First Light - 9/10

Wanted to play this again, and its a great stand-alone expansion. I'd say there's about 6 hours of content here with the story mode in Seattle and the arena. The arena, I have to say, is well put together. Very fun, everything clicks, and it was something I was NOT expecting to be so addictive when I first played this a couple years ago. But all the gameplay elements are put to good use, and there are a ton of enemy types in each of the arena modes.

And I think the story to this might actually be better than Second Son's story. Some great backstory for Fetch and makes her even more of a sympathetic character.

2017 games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Couldn't finish/10

Titanfall 2 - 8.5/10 (single-player)

Infamous: First Light - 9/10

I finished Rise, but I like TR 2013 more.  Played through that one three times.  

Finished mission 31 of Metal Gear Solid 5 so essentially finished.  I'll go with 8/10 for maybe the best actual game play of a game (ever?)  with the weakest metal gear story I've played through.  A bit of a pet down but in time I'll play through the last chapters to see it all through. 

Rez Infinite - Take it from someone who didn't really like Rez when I played it's debut on the 360: this game is phenomenal! Having such amazing control over your aim, and being able to see everything around you, makes this a much cooler experience. And Area X... Damn fine that Area X is. It introduces new movement mechanics and damn do I wish they'd make another one of these. Such a treat! I firmly believe VR is the way to play this game. 5/5

~2017~

Rez Infinite - 5/5

Finished Quantum Break a few weeks ago on Xbox One. Loved everything about it except for the craptacular end boss fight. Solid game 8/10.

Also very happy to find D1P is still rocking. It's been far too long since i've last been around.

I'm thinking I'm not a big fan of scores anymore, at least for me. I like Eurogamer's set-up and am switching for the purposes of the thread.

Essential-Recommended-Recommended with Reservations-Don't Recommend-Avoid.

Interestingly, I really enjoyed Gravity Rush 2 and played it twice, but I can't recommend it without mentioning some of the poorly made side missions and insta-fail stealth. Some of the side missions are hilarious, and the game is charming and funny, plus it's awesome to jump around in Lunar style and search for gems and using the picture side mission and helping others. Some of the side missions really needed to be trimmed, though.

Otherwise, no regrets! Horizon is definitely the best of the crop I've played and a phenomenal game and world overall.

2017 games

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Don't Recommend (but know I'm in the minority)

Titanfall 2 - Recommended

Infamous: First Light - Recommended

Titan Souls - Haven't finished

Resident Evil HD Remaster - Haven't finished (put down for GR2)

Gravity Rush 2 - Recommended with some reservations (loved flying, loved getting gems, loved some of the epic missions, but some of the side missions were bad, as were the insta-fail stealth missions)

Horizon: Zero Dawn - Essential

Tearaway Unfolded - Recommended

Uncharted 4 - it was a game of...quarters.  The first half of the game was fantastic and it was a great series of cutscenes and set pieces.  It then took a dive and dragged for a good while, though it still had some fantastic locations and scenes.  It ended well (for someone that has only played 2, I didn't have a huge investment in the story or characters, but I still enjoyed it).  8/10

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - I stand by this being a pretty bad 'game' with poor controls, samey gameplay and fairly repetitive.  It was also one of the best games I've ever played and it was engaging, entertaining and wholly deserving of it's accolades. 9.5/10

I beat Mad Max last night. I completely forgot that I was about 1 story mission away from completing the game and finished that in about 10 minutes. The gameplay is satisfying for the first few hours, but eventually you'll become incredibly OP, the game loses it's challenge and there just isn't enough stuff to do on the side to justify playing the game post-credits.

Disney Infinity 2.0 (Vita)

Love these games, but the slowdown of the Vita doesn't help things. 3/5

~2017~

Rez Infinite - 5/5

Disney Infinity 2.0 (Vita) - 3/5

I've been busting out the backlog as much as possible the past few months.  I hardly remember everything I've even played, but I'll go through Achievements to jog my memory.

Shadow of Mordor - 7/10   Overall the game was enjoyable.  Combat was very fluid and fun.  For being "open world" though, it just wasn't very interesting to explore, and any open world game that I can't readily identify where I am by my surroundings, is not a well crafted open world.  Nemesis System was a nice addition though.  Looking forward to seeing how they add to the core game in Shadow of War.

Sunset Overdrive - 6.5/10   Sunset Overdrive was fun, but I found myself wanting it to be over before it was.  It dragged a bit too much, and gameplay didn't feel like it evolved enough throughout the experience to really drive my interest.  Story was just so so, and the humor style didn't really totally mesh with me.  I did love the art style and colorful world though.  

Murdered Soul Suspect - 6.5/10   I bought this around launch and finally got around to trying it.  It was a different type of game, but pretty welcome as it was a nice change of pace.  The story kept me interested, even if the gameplay wasn't anything that stood out.

Destiny - 7.5/10  Probably my most played game in 2015.  I enjoyed my time with it, but there was also lots of time wasted.  No matchmaking, and terrible PvP were the worst parts of the game for me.  The co-op and raids though were by far the best and most fun times I've had.  Met and started playing with a bunch of new guys from the boards because of this game, and lots of really fun times were had.  

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 9/10  This game was very well made, and had a great progression system and fun world to explore.  I felt it was pretty much even with the original reboot back in 2012 or whenever it was.  Platforming and environment exploration and puzzles were well done.  

Witcher 2 - 8/10  I played through most of the original Witcher on PC right before this, but gave up due to the control and just not being that interested in it.  Played it Backwards Compat on Xbox and really loved it.  The story and world I really enjoyed from start to finish.  

Witcher 3 - 10/10  This was probably from top to bottom the best game I've ever played.  Just a masterfully made game.  Beautiful world, characters, story, everything about it I loved.  Its a game i didn't want to end, and I was saddened that it was the end of the Trilogy and characters as we knew it.  I still have the DLC to play though.  

State of Decay - 6.5/10  I didn't finish this game, but I love the premise of building up a base and community to survive a zombie outbreak.  Its just screaming for co-op though, and I didn't have all the patience to really learn the ins and out of it.  really looking to the co-op sequel though.  

Forza Horizon 2  - 8.5/10   I love what Playground Games has done with the series.  Only real knock on FH2 was the landscape wasn't quite varied enough compared to the original.  The gameplay and feel of the cars though and soundtrack, all outstanding though.

Rare Replay - 8.5/10  Just a great package of old titles, all wrapped up in a well presented way.  Great leaderboards and other goodies.  All at a good value too.

Inside - 8/10  Just like Limbo, just a great atmospheric platformer.  The sound effects and mood completely make this game.  Its the perfect length to not get boring or overstay it's welcome.  

Child of Light - 7/10 This was a well made side scrolling RPG.  I can't remember a ton of it now, but I do remember enjoying the presentation and progression of it.  Story was kind of meh on it, but serviceable.  

BF Hardline: Campaign - 6.5/10  The campaign in this game was actually half decent.  Way better than BF4.  Story wasn't anything that stood out that much, but it was a fun run through.  

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 8/10  Played this backwards compat to get ready for the newer title.  Really really enjoyed it.  The gameplay was pretty fun, good RPG elements, good stealth elements.  Story was interesting enough with some choices to be made.  

The Division - 7.5/10  I had a lot of fun with The Division, and put a ton of time into it throughout 2016.  The co-op in it was outstanding, and story missions all fun.  I had a ton of fun in the Dark Zone in the early months, but it seemed every patch made the game a little worse off from a PvP standpoint.  Survival though was an outstanding DLC, and I appreciate they added a completely different dynamic to the game world they created with that DLC.  

Forza Horizon 3 - 10/10  Best racing game I've played.  Custom radio station with my own music.  Pretty fun online.  Absolutely gorgeous.  Just an absolute joy to play.  

Doom - 8/10  A great reboot for the franchise.  Buttery smooth gameplay.  Great, fun, engaging gameplay.  Pretty good sized campaign.  I did feel towards the end it got a big repetitive with the fights feeling rather similar with the same enemy types.  

Battlefield 1 - 8/10  The core gunplay in BF1 is really good.  The game is beautiful, even on the XB1, and ran really well.  I'm not a huge fan of the Behemoths.  The campaign was much better than BF4's, and did a decent job of spreading out the story and making it interesting.  The biggest issue with BF1, and their decision to go to WW1, is the lack of customization really or sense of progress.  You unlock everything after a few hours, and just never really experience anything new after that.  Tanks are pretty much OP as well, and now Shotguns are OP.  I played a ton of this game and hit Lvl 99 though, but it did kind of fall off a cliff kind of quickly.

Stardew Valley - 7.5/10  I loved me some Harvest Moon back in the day on Gamecube, and this game scratched that itch.  

Halo Wars: DE - 7/10  For a console strategy game, it was done pretty well.  I enjoyed the story, great cinematic.  It did just make me miss Westwood Studios though and the C&C games I grew up with.  

Halo MCC: Halo 2/3/4 - 8/10  I played Halo 2 and 3 years and years ago, so I revisited them before playing through Halo 4.  Halo 2 Anniversary was very well done, great cut-scenes and graphics overhaul.  Played half the game on Legendary, but wanted to progress more quickly so played on Hardened.  Halo 3 was great to play through again, as it brought back some enjoyable memories from years ago.  Halo 4 I actually really enjoyed the story.  I think the presentation, the cut-scenes and just quality of graphics and sound world just really sold the game for it.  I just dug the entire experience.  

Halo 5 - 9/10  Story wasn't as good as the previous games for it.  It was a fun campaign t play through, but story wise just kind of confusing, and not primarily playing as Master Chief wasn't as enjoyable.  Played it co-op though which always makes it more fun.  The core gameplay though, controls, sound work, are all so great.  Really really love just playing the game.  The multiplayer is fantastic as well, and now the custom games due to forge, the game is so robust with so much to do.  It's an outstanding total package now.  

For Honor - 6.5/10  The campaign was actually half decent.  I enjoyed playing through it on the hardest difficulty.  The multiplayer, which was the focus, never felt totally balanced, and the peer to peer servers just didn't hold up overall.  Still a great new IP and some great ideas, but needed way better online connectivity if you're going to be a multiplayer focused game.  

Mass Effect Andromeda - 8/10  I loved my time with this game.  Combat was fantastic overall, I found the story to be pretty good, and I really enjoyed exploring the worlds and "reviving" them.  The weakest part of the game was the shoddy performance, frame-rate issues and other graphical issues everywhere.  I still played it from start to finish and the strengths far outweighed the negatives for me.  

Firewatch - 7.5/10  It was an interesting experience.  Some very good dialogue, but story kind of built up and built up, and the conclusion just kind of left me disappointed.  Still glad i played and experienced it though.  

Bastion - 7.5/10  Pretty cool game with some cool ideas.  Story and narration were pretty good.  Glad I finally got to play it after hearing a lot about it.

Forza 6 - 8/10   Just like Forza 5, I just really enjoy playing this in short bursts from time to time, as it's just a great playing game.  I've never even liked sim racers that much, but the way the game controls, and the rumble triggers, just make it a good relaxing engaging game to play.  

Zelda -  9/10   I paid $450 for this game.  Had no desire to own a Switch, but bought one due to the Zelda hype.  Bought a Pro Controller because the Joy Cons were terrible to play on.  I don't regret it one bit.  I'm so glad I played through it.  For awhile I thought it might beat Witcher 3 as the best game I ever played, but after the half way point of the game, it really lost a lot of it's luster for me.  The difficulty drops drastically, which makes Shrine hunting kind of pointless as I didn't need more hearts or stamina.  Once Shrine hunting loses it's appeal, then exploring the world kind of loses its magic.  Same goes for the seeds once you get a decent amount of inventory space.  The only real inventory you need is the melee weapons, as shields and bows aren't that big an issue.  The lack of real dungeons were a huge let down.  I always felt like there might be more coming, some real surprises after you do the 4 Beasts, and do the Memory storyline, but nothing.  It's a great opening half of a game, but the 2nd half of the game was such a huge letdown, it left a bad taste for the entire game for me.  I figured at the very least, when I got to the castle for Ganon, I'd have to go through some kind of dungeon area or do something to earn my way to fight the final boss, but nothing, and the final boss fight was so anticlimactic.  The complete lack of items that are needed to help traverse or get around also ended up being a bit of a let down by the end, as that's a staple of Zelda games.  I still loved the game for the first half experience it gave me, but Ocarina of Time is still the King of Zelda games for me.  

Uncharted 1 - 5.5/10  I started this awhile back, but just could not get into it and stopped playing for months.  I figured I'd try to finish off the Uncharted Trilogy so I can finally play Last of Us, then Uncharted 4.  This game was tough to get through though.  The exploration and platforming was mediocre, the gun play was dreadful.  There were so many areas that were just gun fight after gun fight, and it all felt horrible.  Story was pretty generic.  Now the 6/10 is also by today's standards, because I can't ignore the fact I've played both Tomb Raiders and other much better games.  If I played this back when it originally released, I'm sure it was much more impressive.  

Uncharted 2 - 8.5/10  What a huge difference from the original to the Uncharted 2.  The game was just paced much better, the gun play, while similar, felt much improved, and it was spread out a lot more in general compared to the original.  My favorite portion of the game was the Snow level which was just all platforming pretty much and small puzzles.  No shooting.   Characters were all entertaining, and some great dialogue.  I can really appreciate Naughty Dogs dialogue and animation skills, as that's all very well done.  Now I'm looking forward to getting to Uncharted 3, which was not how I was feeling at all after the original.

Titanall 2 - 8/10  The first half of the campaign I felt was a bit slow and boring, but not bad.  The second half though was much much more fun.  It was a well made campaign with some great ideas.  I haven't spent much time in Multiplayer though.   

Damn @JPSoccer4! I always enjoy reading what people think of a game after completion, but you knocked that one out of the park! Reading your list makes me bummed though because a lot of those games I have, but haven't started. I've been playing a lot this year, but haven't finished shit! I have to fix that!

3 hours ago, madmankevin said:

Damn @JPSoccer4! I always enjoy reading what people think of a game after completion, but you knocked that one out of the park! Reading your list makes me bummed though because a lot of those games I have, but haven't started. I've been playing a lot this year, but haven't finished shit! I have to fix that!

Thanks.  I always wanted to try to keep track of games I play, and my backlog.  I feel it kind of helps me actually start to work towards playing all the games I buy, but never start.

I was actually pretty surprised looking back through my Achievements List on Xbox, just how many games I actually did finish the past few years, cause all I remember really playing a lot of are all the big multiplayer games, Destiny for a full year, then Division, then Overwatch (which I realize I didn't even list), then Forza Horizon 3, then BF1 non stop.  

It's why I welcome this whole first quarter of "Xbox has no games!", I finally have time to go back and start playing a lot of these games I skipped.