• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,665 (as of August 1, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Update on themes   07/30/2017

Thanks to some hard work from @Emblazon, the themes should all be functioning as expected again, with some enhancements/cleanups that he's put in. Please let us know if you spot anything that still seems to be amiss so that we can take care of it.
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode 29 - The Backlog Cometh (Ft. Rodimus)   08/01/2017

Summer is here and with video games news and releases at a stand still that can only mean one thing. Time to catch up on our backlog. We have @Rodimus join us as we talk about what games we have sitting on our shelves waiting for us to finish. Throw in some Nintendo talk, sprinkle in some Warframe and what we have here is our latest episode! So join @SFLUFAN, @Mr.Vic20 and Me for some topical grab bag!      
madmankevin

~~D1P's All Time Game Completion Thread - list 'em - rate 'em - discuss 'em!~~

madmankevin    950

I'm stealing this shamelessly from the Entertainment board as I thought it could be a fun topic here.

People use this thread to discuss games they've completed, list a running tally, do yearly completion lists (as I enjoy), rate them, etc.  This thread is about the games you've finished, use it how you'd like and enjoy!

Demut    477

Organ Trail: Director’s Cut: Good

Pretty cool. I had already played the free version beforehand but this one is actually a lot better. The jobs were a bit unbalanced though. Killing bandits was easy as fuck while even the low-paying defense missions were way too hard. Also, how DO those characters manage to break their limbs during the car ride all the time :P ?

Shattered Horizon: Good

Almost as good as my hype led me to believe. More

The Showndown Effect: Okay

Quite the nice, fast-paced multiplayer time-waster although I’ve had some serious latency problems with this game every now and again :/

Dipship31    34

Last game played:

Warframe (PC) (Length: 15 minutes LOL): Literally played through the tutorial, but seems cool - 7.5

Last game played decent amount of time:

CoD Ghosts Multi (PC) (Length: 30 hours): I'm always fine with the same old CoD multi every year round, and while this one is still fun I agree with what most reviewers have been saying. It feels like a step backwards from BO2. Also my first CoD game on PC and gotta say disappointing given the glitches, framerate issues, and lack of community (bailed community I'm sure is more accurate). - 6.5

Last game beaten:

Spelunky (PC) (Length: 77 hours): Amazing game, perfection, zero flaws - 10

skillzdadirecta    1,703

After Beating Arkham, I've been playing Dead Space 3 and The Bureau: Xcom Declassified which is much better than I thought. Its obviously a half assed Mass Effect rip off from a gameplay presentation standpoint, but the gameplay is fun and challenging enough to keep me interested. Hopefully, if the make a sequel they can really nail it.

madmankevin    950

MGS1 - 9/10

MGS2 - 10/10

MGS3 - 10/10

MGS4 - 10/10

All part of the Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection. What a series! Can't believe I only played MGS2 before this year.

Interesting. I'd give them an 11/10 (my second favorite game of all time), 8/10, 9/10, and a 10/10. MGS1 rates so highly for me because I think I was able to play it right at launch. Playing it now, some of it would feel dated. And MGS2 gets a few points knocked probably because I burned myself out on it back on the PS2. I think I played it 5 times just to try to wrap my head around the story. But not "getting it" 100%, I just gave up. :P But no single game sequel made such a huge jump gameplay wise and graphically than MGS2.

Worthy of a pin IMO but if you all don't want it just let it be known.

That's cool, thanks! If this catches on, sweet! If it ends up being on life support, go ahead and pull the plug. :P

GuyWhoPostsThings    5,131

Interesting. I'd give them an 11/10 (my second favorite game of all time), 8/10, 9/10, and a 10/10. MGS1 rates so highly for me because I think I was able to play it right at launch. Playing it now, some of it would feel dated. And MGS2 gets a few points knocked probably because I burned myself out on it back on the PS2. I think I played it 5 times just to try to wrap my head around the story. But not "getting it" 100%, I just gave up. :P But no single game sequel made such a huge jump gameplay wise and graphically than MGS2.

Ha, there are games that have dated elements that I still rate highly just due to how amazing they were at the time. MGS2 did do a lot of amazing things for a sequel, and I think Grand Theft Auto 3 is another example of a huge jump from one game to the next. And both came out in 2001... man, that year was the bee's knees. The jump from Twisted Metal 4 to Twisted Metal Black was also pretty fantastic.

What's funny is I rate MGS2 higher now than I did back then. Not that I didn't like the game back then, but I think I give it points for aging so damn well. In 2001, I would have put Grand Theft Auto 3 over Metal Gear Solid 2. Now I'd reverse it because I think MGS2 has aged better. There's a good control system in this series that just works.

EDIT: BTW, I'd put Uncharted 3 right up there with 2. My first time playing it, I didn't. The second time I played it (hardest difficulty and back to back with 2 for good measure), I couldn't decide which was better, so I decided they were both too awesome to choose. Love love love love love love love 3. It improved a couple things from 2 (melee and tossing grenades back), actually.

Mirkwood    233

Thanks for making this topic, I've always thought that it should be replicated from the Entertainment board as well.

Last game I finished was GTAV - 9.5/10 loved every minute of that game. It's the only GTA i've ever completed the story on

GuyWhoPostsThings    5,131

Thanks for making this topic, I've always thought that it should be replicated from the Entertainment board as well.

Last game I finished was GTAV - 9.5/10 loved every minute of that game. It's the only GTA i've ever completed the story on

Second here after GTA4. But what I was amazed with in regards to GTA5 is that I didn't do a bunch of random stuff in between the story; I wanted to continue the story and explore these three characters. Fantastic stuff.

Captain Pickle    400

Assassin's Creed 4 - 8.5/10 I thought it was really fun. I hadn't played one in a long while so it was nice to get back into the series. Thought the story lacked a bit but still liked the characters/setting a lot. Gameplay is the same old but the ship battles were great. When they first introduce you to them I played hours just pirating around. Money/supplies no longer became a problem :P. I don't know what the last few games were like but it's nice that other enemies can attack while you're fighting another. I do find that Creed games are a bit of brainless fun and wish there was some more honest discovery with them (ie. treasure maps tell you where the treasure is to a point where they may as well just place a marker on your map) but its a pretty game with a zany story and plenty of mindless things to do. I can't comment on the multiplayer as I haven't played it at all but I'm about to start now. I only looked at the menu and it seems robust.

Triage    7,563

GTA V is amazing and I cannot remember last time I dedicated over 80 hours of play time. I completed the story, side missions including finding all 50 scrap letters

Triage    7,563

Also now with the PS4 I'm in the middle of few games. So my last completed game is Beyond and I give that 8.5/10. I love the game and story but the controls had me BEYOND annoyed.

madmankevin    950

Ha, there are games that have dated elements that I still rate highly just due to how amazing they were at the time. MGS2 did do a lot of amazing things for a sequel, and I think Grand Theft Auto 3 is another example of a huge jump from one game to the next. And both came out in 2001... man, that year was the bee's knees. The jump from Twisted Metal 4 to Twisted Metal Black was also pretty fantastic.

What's funny is I rate MGS2 higher now than I did back then. Not that I didn't like the game back then, but I think I give it points for aging so damn well. In 2001, I would have put Grand Theft Auto 3 over Metal Gear Solid 2. Now I'd reverse it because I think MGS2 has aged better. There's a good control system in this series that just works.

EDIT: BTW, I'd put Uncharted 3 right up there with 2. My first time playing it, I didn't. The second time I played it (hardest difficulty and back to back with 2 for good measure), I couldn't decide which was better, so I decided they were both too awesome to choose. Love love love love love love love 3. It improved a couple things from 2 (melee and tossing grenades back), actually.

MGS2 was an amazing leap up from the prior game and really no issues with playability today. MGS3 as well. My main problem with MGS2 was that I just burned myself out on it. But that's what we did when we were younger with less disposable income!

I'm glad you say that about Uncharted 3. I've heard so much hate about that game but didn't read into it as I didn't want anything spoiled. I'm currently taking a Farming Simulator break mixed in with a little Motorstorm but will put that one in soon!

madmankevin    950

Motorstorm Apocalypse

Really fun game! The campaign was a lot of fun, even though I skipped every single cutscene. I don't need stories in racing games! Various vehicles added a lot of variety and really made the races exciting. But the star of the show is definitely the tracks! Even though the destruction is all scripted, it makes many of the tracks different on each lap which makes for some exciting races. And what's more exciting than racing near a tornado that's blowing everything around?!

I just started to scratch the surface on the online and it looks like a blast too. 16 player races, full destruction, vehicle customization options, along with a perks system like Blur or CoD make the online offerings seem rather large. In fact, I'd love to get some D1P races going in anybody still plays this.

4 out of 5

I personally think Split/Second is the better game, but on its own, Motorstorm Apocalypse is a hell of a lot of fun!

skillzdadirecta    1,703

I just finished The Bureau: Xcom Declassified. Fun game with a few kinks but a decent campaign with great gameplay. The tactical shooting is similar to Mass Effect 2 but you have to really command your squaddies. They do okay on their own, but the game is designed so that you play as a tactical commander. There's a neat twist late in the game as well. I would love for a sequel but doubt it… I don't think it did that well. Next up, Dead Space 3 and Saints Row 4.

madmankevin    950

I just played Sly Cooper 1 on the Sly collection. I played this back in the day but I don't remember anything from the last half of the game so I'm going to bet that I didn't finish it. It's just flat out fun. Unique levels, new enemies in each world, different boss encounters, and collectables that are not only fun to find, but reward you for doing so.

Like I was telling my friends when I was playing it: it's just a delight! 4/5

Any Sly Cooper fans here? I haven't played 2 or 3, so I'm wondering how those compare. I also have the new one unopened and wondering what the boards thought of them. I'll get to them eventually. I like to space out my PS2 titles with PS3 titles thrown in the mix!