#1 SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN

Lovable Fascist

• 26,987 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

From GAF:

How to pair your device to BT for wireless play:
(MicroUSB required for wired play)

To put the unit in pairing mode you hold Share button (first) + PS button, the unit will start double blinking white LED.

You should then be able to find it under "Add BT Devices".

UPDATE: How to play Xinput/360 controller supported games with DS4!
-Download x360ce
-Open up the x360ce and put it into the game you wish to play (Must be with the game's .exe!)
-Run it
-Select "Logitec Cordless RumblePad 2" under presets
-Hit Load
-Save
-Replace the xinput1_3.dll with the one found here
-Play the game!

*you may get a "config file does not match" message, just click ok and ignore it.

You can now use your DS4 as a Xinput PC controller, and its very nice actually!

Some new stuff from @Lucian04:

To stop the error message that appears after starting a game, add "Version=1" under the [OPTIONS] section of the X360CE.INI file.

To correct the spinning camera issue, add the X360CE.GDB file to the same location that you place the XINPUT1_3.dll file.

Some Source Engine games may not work properly if the .exe is outside of the bin folder. To correct this, place the X360CE app where the game exe is and then place the XINPUT1_3.dll (and X360CE.GDB if required) in the bin folder.   

There are no such thing as rights, only privileges granted by tyrants. It does not matter what guise these tyrants take -- Gods, Kings, Emperors, Dictators, Presidents, Congresses, Parliaments, Judges, and Juries -- the privileges called rights are doled out and rescinded at the whim of their interpretation of Justice and its unruly stepchild, Law.

#2 JVC920

JVC920

RSN

• 5,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:39 PM

Posted Image   My mobo has built in Bluetooth so wonder if should try this out.
Posted Image

#3 tgo

tgo
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

I tried to do this.  My controller gets recognized as a Bluetooth device, it downloads the drivers, but than the controller just disappears from the control panel under devices.  I than try to add the device again, it installs the drivers, the controller than shows up on control panel on devices, but again it disappears.

#4 RedSoxFan9

RedSoxFan9
  • 25,832 posts
  • LocationDanger Zone
  • 3DS FC:4468-1812-4839
  • Steam ID:RedSoxFan9

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

View PostJVC920, on 27 October 2013 - 09:39 PM, said:

Posted Image   My mobo has built in Bluetooth so wonder if should try this out.

My mobo BT isn't detecting it. I'll have to whip out the dongle.

#5 Lucian04

Lucian04

Charlie sacrificed all for the good of mankind... and soccer.

• 61,300 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

To get rid of the message that pops up, go into the X360CE.ini and add "Version=1" under the [OPTIONS] section.  I found a rather annoying issue.  Some games, for some reason refuse to recognize X360CE and instead just opt for whatever Windows is telling it that is plugged in.  The problem with this is that Windows is telling the game that the triggers are your right analog stick and some buttons end up having dual functions.  I ran into this with Dark Souls.

So right now this just works on a game by game basis.  I'll go through all of my gamepad enabled games and list off what works, what partially works and what doesn't work.

Dark Souls = X and Y Axis on Triggers, Spinning Camera, Fubar Button Placement
Contagion = Spinning Camera
Far Cry 3 = Perfect
Batman: Arkham Origins = Perfect

#6 tgo

tgo
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

What can I do about my issue?

#7 MichaelVash7886

MichaelVash7886
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

Gotta say, the DS4 feels great. Put some time in with Far Cry 3 on PC. Very comfortable.

#8 Lucian04

Lucian04

• 61,300 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

@SFLUFAN can you amend the OP with some new information?

To stop the error message that appears after starting a game, add "Version=1" under the [OPTIONS] section of the X360CE.INI file.

To correct the spinning camera issue, add the X360CE.GDB file to the same location that you place the XINPUT1_3.dll file.

Some Source Engine games may not work properly if the .exe is outside of the bin folder.  To correct this, place the X360CE app where the game exe is and then place the XINPUT1_3.dll (and X360CE.GDB if required) in the bin folder.

#9 Lucian04

Lucian04

• 61,300 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

@tgo

1) Start "Add Bluetooth Device"
2) Press the Share and Guide Button on your gamepad.  It should start double blinking.
3) Check the "Add Bluetooth Device" window.  If only "Wireless Gamepad" shows up, the DS4 is not properly connected and will not be installed.  It must show "Wireless Gamepad" and "Bluetooth Headset"
4) If it shows both Bluetooth devices, select the gamepad and install.  Your PC should now recognize it whenever you turn it on.

#10 SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN

Lovable Fascist

• 26,987 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

Sony should do their damndest to make sure this becomes the defacto PC controller for this generation.  They'd make an absolute killing!
There are no such thing as rights, only privileges granted by tyrants. It does not matter what guise these tyrants take -- Gods, Kings, Emperors, Dictators, Presidents, Congresses, Parliaments, Judges, and Juries -- the privileges called rights are doled out and rescinded at the whim of their interpretation of Justice and its unruly stepchild, Law.

#11 SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN

Lovable Fascist

• 26,987 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

Someone on GAF is reporting that he's got his DS4 working "perfectly" with BF4.

#12 tgo

tgo
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostLucian04, on 29 October 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

@tgo

1) Start "Add Bluetooth Device"
2) Press the Share and Guide Button on your gamepad.  It should start double blinking.
3) Check the "Add Bluetooth Device" window.  If only "Wireless Gamepad" shows up, the DS4 is not properly connected and will not be installed.  It must show "Wireless Gamepad" and "Bluetooth Headset"
4) If it shows both Bluetooth devices, select the gamepad and install.  Your PC should now recognize it whenever you turn it on.

What shows up is wireless controller, says bluetooth game controller underneath.  Doesn't say "Wireless Gamepad" and "Bluetooth Headset"

#13 Lucian04

Lucian04

• 61,300 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

View Posttgo, on 29 October 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

What shows up is wireless controller, says bluetooth game controller underneath.  Doesn't say "Wireless Gamepad" and "Bluetooth Headset"

Windows 7 or 8?  I'm using 8.1 and it showed up as Wireless Gamepad and Bluetooth Headset.

#14 tgo

tgo
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Windows 7 64 bit.  Every time I go to install it, it does, but than when I go to devices it's not there.  And it doesn't function at all when I launch any game.

#15 RedSoxFan9

RedSoxFan9
  • 25,832 posts
  • LocationDanger Zone
  • 3DS FC:4468-1812-4839
  • Steam ID:RedSoxFan9

Posted 30 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

I got it working for AC3, which requires all the steps in the OP.  It works fine but I think the 360 pad works better since you need to hold down R2/RT for most of the game.

#16 Shrike81

Shrike81
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostSFLUFAN, on 29 October 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Sony should do their damndest to make sure this becomes the defacto PC controller for this generation.  They'd make an absolute killing!

I agree with this 100%, I love using my 360 controller for my PC because of the convenience and wide support, but I would much prefer the Playstation controller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users