Lucian04

MS might have a dirty little secret. Why there are no direct Xbone vs PS4 comparisons

I tried making one once but they block "free e-mail addresses". And Seeing as I don't know how to get a non-free email account I didn't bother.

I used my account from greendaysgroup (they're my business email provider). But despite getting accepted by Neogaf three fucking years later, I lost all desire to post there. Ever.

We just don't know yet. For all we know, there could have been a couple of crashes and nothing more.

The problem is that we DO know that they are embargoing something, and the internet starts running with it and growing something as potentially "harmless" as a lower resolution in one game into something huge. Hell, the PS4 crashed during a live stream of an indie game called Tiny Brains a couple of days ago, these things happen. But when they're being so secretive, it's no surprise that people start suspecting something larger.

Get on it, MS. We need to know exactly what's going on, because I'm not about to buy another ticking time bomb just to play DR3 and Forza early. If they don't start becoming more forthcoming, I'm bailing the fuck out until early next year.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. After getting burned with the 3rrod last gen and all this bullshit, I think I'm gonna cancel my preorder and wait. I still have a ton of games to play from this gen ANYWAY. Dead Rising 3 and Battlefield 4 will still be there in 2014... I'm SERIOUSLY considering cancelling my preorder.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the XBOne was a 2014 launch and the only reason it's arriving in 2013 is because Sony forced their hand.

It's becoming more and more apparent that the XBOne was a 2014 launch and the only reason it's arriving in 2013 is because Sony forced their hand.

So much this.

I used my account from greendaysgroup (they're my business email provider). But despite getting accepted by Neogaf three fucking years later, I lost all desire to post there. Ever.

Yeah, I don't have a business email provider.

Yeah, I don't have a business email provider.

Even still, the length of time it took from registration to response was just fucking ridiculous. Made me never want to post there.

Even still, the length of time it took from registration to response was just fucking ridiculous. Made me never want to post there.

When I tried to get in I was reading about Gaf and somebody said it took about six months before they got in.

When I tried to get in I was reading about Gaf and somebody said it took about six months before they got in.

yeah and some get in after two weeks. It's weird.

Funny how it mentions it's because of the eSRAM, and yet the Wii U uses a similar setup, albeit with eDRAM, and developers are not having difficulties getting games running on it. Or is eDRAM and eSRAM that much different? :confused:

Funny how it mentions it's because of the eSRAM, and yet the Wii U uses a similar setup, albeit with eDRAM, and developers are not having difficulties getting games running on it. Or is eDRAM and eSRAM that much different? :confused:

How can devs have problems with the WiiU when they aren't developing for the WiiU?

Depends on whether it was configured as cache or pageable memory. The latter outperforms the former.

How can devs have problems with the WiiU when they aren't developing for the WiiU?

+1

Microsoft can't get anything right. Surface was an enormous waste of resources, Windows 8 and Server 2012 are a joke in the industry, and now they are hurting their Xbox brand with its lack of coherent direction. Ballmer has really done a number on that company. If it wasn't for Microsofts strong legacy software in the enterprise realm, they'd be fucking gone tomorrow.

Microsoft can't get anything right. Surface was an enormous waste of resources, Windows 8 and Server 2012 are a joke in the industry, and now they are hurting their Xbox brand with its lack of coherent direction. Ballmer has really done a number on that company.

Doing horribly

http://money.cnn.com...osoft-earnings/

Don't want to derail the thread though.

It's going to be a very interesting final month. Can't wait til the launch days to read all the impressions as they come in.