Lucian04

MS might have a dirty little secret. Why there are no direct Xbone vs PS4 comparisons

That wouldn't shock me. Have a big pile of fast RAM is no doubt easier to use than the architecture on the One. Especially since the One has a higher price, it hardly shocks me that they're afraid of the initial comparisons.

"Xbox One reviews are embargo'd until Noon on launch day."

Wait, what? This is a huuuuuuuge deal for anybody on the fence (not me) and there seems to be something cooking (not good) at MS.

We will be eating a lot of popcorn around here over the next month it appears...

I should mention that this is in regards to multiplats. Xbone is essentially this gens PS3 (visuals/perf) based on what's being said.

I was going to sort of put everything into a neat post, but a lot of it already has been posted so here's just some additional info.

Connectivity and network issues?

73QBZZa.jpg

More stuff from Dent for speculation.

https://twitter.com/....46557022334976

Ryan Q ‏@TyrantII

@TheKevinDent > @erikkain at @Forbes finally confirmed the MS has embargoes on their reviews for launch. What most people figured

Dr Dentenstein

‏@TheKevinDent

@TyrantII @erikkain @Forbes yeah, Erik is wrong. Shocker there though.

https://twitter.com/....47130190733312

Dr Dentenstein

‏@TheKevinDent

It's not about resolution it's about connectivity and the network stack :-0

Finally, game "journalists" being vague little shits:

8X0azHC.png

Is this a hardware thing (resolutions) or connectivity issues? If the latter, my god, that's MS' big selling point over Sony - online superiority.

Glad I decided to wait. Either it'll become apparent that PS4 is the way to go, or MS will be able to work out their bullshit.

Is this a hardware thing (resolutions) or connectivity issues? If the latter, my god, that's MS' big selling point over Sony - online superiority.

Glad I decided to wait. Either it'll become apparent that PS4 is the way to go, or MS will be able to work out their bullshit.

We just don't know yet. For all we know, there could have been a couple of crashes and nothing more.

The problem is that we DO know that they are embargoing something, and the internet starts running with it and growing something as potentially "harmless" as a lower resolution in one game into something huge. Hell, the PS4 crashed during a live stream of an indie game called Tiny Brains a couple of days ago, these things happen. But when they're being so secretive, it's no surprise that people start suspecting something larger.

Get on it, MS. We need to know exactly what's going on, because I'm not about to buy another ticking time bomb just to play DR3 and Forza early. If they don't start becoming more forthcoming, I'm bailing the fuck out until early next year.

They've managed it quite well so far. :P

Get on it, MS. We need to know exactly what's going on, because I'm not about to buy another ticking time bomb just to play DR3 and Forza early. If they don't start becoming more forthcoming, I'm bailing the fuck out until early next year.

I'm already doing that (although just because I really don't feel like spending the money right after a vehicle purchase), but this has me wondering whether to delay a whole year, until Halo.

I need a bunch of DF footage, and soon.

MS needs to get it together. We still have no info on this system other than the obvious stuff. MS is seriously dropping the ball.

It's telling that almost all of the footage of third-party games we see is PS4. ACIV, NBA2K14, Destiny, Watchdogs, The Division, etc.

I can write off COD, and point to Ryse, but their entire management of this makes me wonder whether it'll be worth owning in the first couple of years - after which I may have a kid and no time to play. Choices, choices.

For the first time since X1 announced, really thinking hard about PS4.

It's telling that almost all of the footage of third-party games we see is PS4. ACIV, NBA2K14, Destiny, Watchdogs, The Division, etc.

I can write off COD, and point to Ryse, but their entire management of this makes me wonder whether it'll be worth owning in the first couple of years - after which I may have a kid and no time to play. Choices, choices.

For the first time since X1 announced, really thinking hard about PS4.

They truly have no focus and no vision for the system that has been provided to a consumer. The only thing we know DEFINITIVELY is that the Kinect is a focus for them. I know I was a MS fan this current gen but I'm pro Sony this next gen.

They truly have no focus and no vision for the system that has been provided to a consumer. The only thing we know DEFINITIVELY is that the Kinect is a focus for them. I know I was a MS fan this current gen but I'm pro Sony this next gen.

See, I'm very intrigued by Kinect for interface purposes. I'm also very much into their OS.

But...not at the cost of performance and hamstrung developers.

I'll wait for launch to see what the deal is - but I have to say I'm leaning PS4 at this precise moment.

See, I'm very intrigued by Kinect for interface purposes. I'm also very much into their OS.

But...not at the cost of performance and a hamstrung developers.

I'll wait for launch to see what the deal is - but I have to say I'm leaning PS4 at this precise moment.

:o :o

But...not at the cost of performance and a hamstrung developers.

:o :o

Some people don't have weird loyalty to consumer electronics when confronted with new information :P

I still think it will be ok by the end of the year. There's too much riding on it. The only question is when I'm jumping in, not if.