Anyone have experience with Rocksmith? Considering a guitar

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#71 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

View Postmisfit410, on 03 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

I wish the DLC would get some holiday sale discounts, $3 a song is rather outrageous.. pretty much only getting songs in packs.

All original Rockband DLC is 50% off during the sale. I've dumped like $60 on it so far.

#72 misfit410

misfit410
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

View PostThreePi, on 03 December 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

All original Rockband DLC is 50% off during the sale. I've dumped like $60 on it so far.

nice.. gotta get my guitar adjusted ASAP so I can play it.. was going to restring it and the kid got to playing with the knobs on the bridge while no strings were on to keep it in place.. now it's all out of whack.

#73 never_knows_best

never_knows_best

Not a Mod

• 13,250 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:46 PM

I have Rocksmith 2014 on PS3 already, but for $32 on Amazon I'm considering double-dipping for PC. Maybe I'll even just sell my PS3 copy. I love having it on my tv / home theater, but the convenience of having it on my desktop and laptop is hard to get past.
but now we dance this grim fandango
and will four years before we rest

#74 PackOfHighly

PackOfHighly
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:58 PM

In 60 days you too can learn to play a two-chord riff but not how to tune your guitar!

Posted Image

#75 The Joy

The Joy
  • 6,003 posts
  • LocationStaten Island, NY
  • Xbox Live:The Joy

Posted 04 December 2013 - 06:44 AM

That is a really horrible example to use.

#76 Runny

Runny
  • 10,636 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:35 AM

Rocksmith 2014 customs are working now, btw.
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=EOUgqVt-5v8
(kind of annoying he decided to play that mode since there's that lame beeping)

Make an account at this site:
www.smithyanvil.com and head to the forums. You'll see the "Submitted 2014 packages" board and click on the "How to use 2014 CDLC" thread for more info on how to get it to work. You'll want to make sure you have "Cherub Rock" by Smashing Pumpkins downloaded as it will save an extra step. If you don't like them and don't have it, you can download the tool kit, which will allow you to change the APP ID for the song you download. The "APP ID" needs to match a song that you have downloaded officially otherwise it won't work. Also, people are still learning, so keep that in mind. The first time I downloaded "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden, it crashed my game every time I tried to slow the song down in Riff Repeater. The Author was notified though, and now it's fixed. Be sure to report any problems with any DLC you download. But for the most part every song I've downloaded has been spot on :) The "Approved packages" Thread are custom songs that are of the same quality that you'll find in the game itself (so Riff repater works, there's dynamic difficulty, lyrics, etc). Send me a PM if you have any questions. I've been having a blast over the past week :D

@projectmayhem
@misfit410
@ThreePi(only dire straits song so far is Sultans of Swing, and there's no dynamic difficulty, so it's gonna be hard! But you can probably request the author to add it)
@never_knows_best (Custom DLC works on all consoles this time. I don't know the process for adding it to PS3 though)

#77 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

I dunno why you made the Dire Straits comment at Misfit, I wanted Dire Straits.

I'll probably have to give this a look. I can certainly use some new songs to mess around with.

#78 Runny

Runny
  • 10,636 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

Fixed :doh: Meant to tell you about it

Yeah, it's pretty sweet. There's about 400 or so at the moment, but it's expanding daily, and there's a good variety.

Have you still been playing a lot, Threepi?

#79 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

Since buying it back that first week of November I've only gone one day without playing (That was a day of much drinking).

Last week I bought some new strings (Earnie Ball Super Slinky) and restrung my guitar. It was a fucking ordeal, some of the windings are kinda sloppy looking but I got it in tune and I like the way the lighter strings feel compared to what the guitar came with. Fortunately I bought two packs because I botched the first attempt. I ended up buying three more packs to keep around in case of emergency.

#80 Runny

Runny
  • 10,636 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sweet! Good to hear you're enjoying yourself. Yeah, re-stringing was confusing to me as well at first.

#81 Puggles

Puggles

DAT ASS

• 5,019 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:22 PM

Just picked up 2014...hope it helps me get back into learning guitar!  My damn fingers always end up bruised and I give up .:P

#82 mogo22

mogo22
  • 936 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

I may pick it up on a sale but I'd have to track down the hardware if I dl from Steam.

Anyone check out Band fuse?

#83 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

Not much on Bandfuse that isn't already on Rocksmith that I'm interested. I'd like that Bad Religion song and that's about it.

Curious for people who play, do you have Master Mode on or not? I thought it was cool at first, but as a start to "Master" slightly more complex parts I find myself totally lost when coming back to them. I've had to turn it off for the time being.

#84 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

I AM THE LAW

• 7,959 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:27 PM

103.5% on Blitzkrieg Bop :cool:
Posted Image

#85 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Wait, it goes over 100%?

#86 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

I AM THE LAW

• 7,959 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:12 PM

Apparently I played it better than the Ramones themselves.
Posted Image

#87 ThreePi

ThreePi
  • 6,217 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:15 PM

View Postprojectmayhem, on 27 December 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

Apparently I played it better than the Ramones themselves.

Not that they were particularly good in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users