Anyone have experience with Rocksmith? Considering a guitar

87 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually installed a furnace today for a customer that runs a guitar shop. He had a ton of great looking used guitars for sale, nice prices and perfect shape.

Instantly thought about the new version of Rocksmith. But curious if anyone had success with it previously.

Posted

I havent but I have been considering it. I see that BB has 20 off for gamer members on the original version, which would make it only 10 bucks!

Posted

Nice deal.

Yea I am really really thinking its just time to start and get serious about it.

I was loving a few of the guitars this dude had that were a great price to just get started.

Posted

just ordered it :P for 10 bucks what the hell

Posted

I play it often, if you got it on steam you need to get the real tone cable for it..

Posted

Yea, just read that. I will buy one.

It says its the fastest way to learn, is there truth to that?

Posted

Can I just order the real tone cable I see on newegg? It says for 360 and ps3, I assume it'll work just fine on PC correct?

Posted

my dad bought it on the ps3, but noticed a lot of input lag that made it hard for him to play along with things. he got it on steam afterward and said it was fine.

i'm not sure what year he bought, it wasn't 2014 though.

Posted

I'm really pumped about it the more I think about it.

Posted

You should post some impressions when you actually get to playing. I've always wanted to learn an instrument, maybe something like this is enough motivation to try it out. Not sure if I'd want to do guitar or bass though.

Posted

I definitely will. Going tomorrow to grab the guitar. If I can find the cable this weekend I should have some thoughts early next week. I wanna get started on it asap.

Posted

I'm very tempted to try this out, but I don't really have any guitar experience so I'm undecided.

Posted

I recommend that you get an ES 335 clone. Or a real one if you have the money.

gibson_es335-rot45.jpg

Posted

Have the older version on ps3 and am so excited for the new one. Its by far the best way to learn guitar bar none! I've heard the 2014 is superior to it as well!

Posted

Rocksmith is an excellent learning tool. I've been playing guitar for 20 years and I still find the game extremely useful for learning new material. I would say Rocksmith is just as good as taking private lessons, but more fun.

Posted

Actually installed a furnace today for a customer that runs a guitar shop. He had a ton of great looking used guitars for sale, nice prices and perfect shape.

Instantly thought about the new version of Rocksmith. But curious if anyone had success with it previously.

Which place are you talking about? Just wondering if I have been there. Considering we are both in the same area.

Posted

I think I'm going to buy this also.

Posted

The only thing I didn't care for in the first one was the input lag. For some reason, I had about a second of lag between when I would pluck the string, and hear it on the computer. Though it looks like they fixed that problem in the 2014 edition. Also, the dynamic difficulty can be a little rocky. You get into a groove with part of the song, then suddenly it's OMG MORE NOTES! MY FINGERS DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! AHHHHH! :P

Edit: Also, make sure to play test plenty of guitars to find one you like. Don't by the first guitar you see with a cool body.

Posted

The only thing I didn't care for in the first one was the input lag. For some reason, I had about a second of lag between when I would pluck the string, and hear it on the computer. Though it looks like they fixed that problem in the 2014 edition. Also, the dynamic difficulty can be a little rocky. You get into a groove with part of the song, then suddenly it's OMG MORE NOTES! MY FINGERS DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO! AHHHHH! :P

Edit: Also, make sure to play test plenty of guitars to find one you like. Don't by the first guitar you see with a cool body.

Although I own the game, I haven't put enough time into it ( :blush: ) to know whether you can adjust for input lag... In Rock Band for instance you can manually adjust the input lag. Have you tried it at all with Rocksmith?

Posted

Well, mine was with the first one, I've heard it's pretty much indistinguishable in 2014

Posted

I'd like to hear your impressions when you get it. Looks like a cool way to force me to practice more often! Never took lessons so I think some kind of training tool would be nice.

Posted

I have heard there is a jam session feature that is really good.

Haven't played my guitar in over a year. And I use the word play pretty loosely. Need to pick this up, also need to restring my guitar and get a new battery for the pickups.