Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So Healthcare.gov basically doesn't work at all.....still

317 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been trying to use it for days.....I just want to know what is available for my family and I.

I finally managed to create an account this morning after trying for days. However, now that I have an account...I can't even Log In. Here's how it has gone today.

Tried to log in right after creating account = "This account does not exist"

Wait a few hours and tried again = "This account does not exist"

Wait even longer (it's been 10 hours now) = "This account does not exist"

Ok FINE! Then if I request a password reset it should say the same thing.

Click forget password.

Click and type under "what is your user name" my ID and click send/submit/whatever it was...don't care now.

Tells me that it has sent a reset password e-mail to that account. (Wait...what?! You've told me like 50 times already that my account doesn't exist)

Go check e-mail. Of course! I have an e-mail to reset my password for my account. I only entered my user name so obviously my account DOES freaking exist or you wouldn't have known what e-mail to send it to. (head explodes).

Click on "password changing link" in e-mail.

Takes me to healthcare.gov......little "loading" circle appears in center of login page.....spins.....spins.....loads again. "I'm sorry but this account does not exist"

tumblr_m1vknqkfDX1qeyt27o1_500.gif

Has anyone here even tried to check it out? Any success?

Posted

They need to upgrade their servers or something.

Posted

I got to the point of submitting the application, but can't bring up eligibility results or move on to enrollment.

Posted

They need to upgrade their servers or something.

..or something I'm guessing.

I give up for today.

Posted

I figure it will work by sometime next week. I'll check again then.

Posted

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure. They can't even run the website properly?

All of this is pure politics, divide and conquer. I am not on the take, I am paying, so why shouldn't I try to keep more of my money?

Posted

I guess the republicans were right and we should just kill Obamacare...

Posted

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure. They can't even run the website properly?

All of this is pure politics, divide and conquer. I am not on the take, I am paying, so why shouldn't I try to keep more of my money?

You should just kill yourself now.

Posted

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure.

You think a lot of silly things are reasonable.

Posted

I guess all my worries over Obamacare were silly. I see it's working great and smooooooth as butter. :P

Posted

I guess all my worries over Obamacare were silly. I see it's working great and smooooooth as butter. :P

Hey did you hear that the Atlanta Falcons website went down for a few days last year! I guess this proves they suck and also that their fans are ugly and suck!

See what I did there?

Posted

Really though, they should have overloaded on capacity for the rollout.

It's incredibly short-sighted and politically naive -- or even goddamned stupid -- to have these issues continue 3 days later when your political enemies can jump on it so very easily.

From a purely political viewpoint, it's incompetent. Whoever was responsible for the web implementation should be fired or shot.

Posted

Really though, they should have overloaded on capacity for the rollout.

It's incredibly short-sighted and politically naive -- or even goddamned stupid -- to have these issues continue 3 days later when your political enemies can jump on it so very easily.

From a purely political viewpoint, it's incompetent. Whoever was responsible for the web implementation should be fired or shot.

its really impossible to overload on capacity. every company struggles with this

Posted

I like how the California exchange came out saying they had 5 million hits then today walked it back to 645k hits with 500k unique visitors.

Posted

They probably know that no one will remember this when the website is running perfectly fine in two or three weeks.

Posted

They probably know that no one will remember this when the website is running perfectly fine in two or three weeks.

Ah, the Sim City Theory of website management.

Posted

Ah, the FFXIV:ARR Theory of website management.

Posted

I know a lot of people find it hard to believe, but it's what happens with every major website rollout. It especially applies to this case because the tech behind the website is nothing new.

Kevin Drum's friend covered it well here:

"It's because this exact product has been built thousands of times....It's a bunch of forms on top of a bunch of conditional SQL. Nothing new, or innovative, or especially challenging. The problems are simply because of the scale, and with Google and Facebook and Twitter and the like, we've figured out how to do web-scale pretty well.

"The 'bugs' will be in the Java and SQL code, and they'll be easy to fix. Everything else is just web-scale infrastructure, memcached and database tuning, load balancing, edge routing, nuts & bolts stuff. I've never been worried about it at all, because it's just plain been done so many times before. Not exactly uncharted technological waters."

Posted

^basically. the only "fix" is to throttle users from using the site.

Posted

I know a lot of people find it hard to believe, but it's what happens with every major website rollout. It especially applies to this case because the tech behind the website is nothing new.

Kevin Drum's friend covered it well here:

"It's because this exact product has been built thousands of times....It's a bunch of forms on top of a bunch of conditional SQL. Nothing new, or innovative, or especially challenging. The problems are simply because of the scale, and with Google and Facebook and Twitter and the like, we've figured out how to do web-scale pretty well.

"The 'bugs' will be in the Java and SQL code, and they'll be easy to fix. Everything else is just web-scale infrastructure, memcached and database tuning, load balancing, edge routing, nuts & bolts stuff. I've never been worried about it at all, because it's just plain been done so many times before. Not exactly uncharted technological waters."

This.

Posted

Once you get passed the tutorial mission it should work smoothly

Posted

Yeah, I mean it's only healthcare for the entire country. How could they have predicted such a load. Especially since they have only had three fucking years to prepare for it.

Posted

Yeah, I mean it's only healthcare for the entire country. How could they have predicted such a load. Especially since they have only had three fucking years.

pffft. DFAS says hello.

Posted

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that major issues persisting three days in is standard for a big website launch, and these issues shouldn't be handwaved away, but the conservative wank-fest, like their objections were always about how the website was going to be designed, or that the people who made the website are the same people who are going to be running every other aspect of the bill, is equally laughable. And yeah, nobody's going to remember this down the line.

Posted

I think it's completely standard for any huge piece of software. This should be pretty easy to understand for gamers. Just look at almost the launch of any MMO, Diablo 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

I don't really know what there is to argue about on this point because the tech behind the website is nothing new. It would be one thing if this was a new, innovative, untested product, but the Internet has been here before. It's all a matter of web scale that has to be worked out over time by adding servers, throttling users and tweaking code. It's a problem that will almost surely be fixed. Given that, I don't see what the concern could be.

If there is a legitimate concern, it's whether the website is calculating subsidies correctly. That could be a big deal once the traffic issues are solved.