So Healthcare.gov basically doesn't work at all.....still

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#1 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,817 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

I've been trying to use it for days.....I just want to know what is available for my family and I.

I finally managed to create an account this morning after trying for days. However, now that I have an account...I can't even Log In. Here's how it has gone today.

Tried to log in right after creating account = "This account does not exist"

Wait a few hours and tried again = "This account does not exist"

Wait even longer (it's been 10 hours now) = "This account does not exist"

Ok FINE! Then if I request a password reset it should say the same thing.

Click forget password.
Click and type under "what is your user name" my ID and click send/submit/whatever it was...don't care now.
Tells me that it has sent a reset password e-mail to that account. (Wait...what?! You've told me like 50 times already that my account doesn't exist)
Go check e-mail. Of course! I have an e-mail to reset my password for my account. I only entered my user name so obviously my account DOES freaking exist or you wouldn't have known what e-mail to send it to. (head explodes).

Click on "password changing link" in e-mail.
Takes me to healthcare.gov......little "loading" circle appears in center of login page.....spins.....spins.....loads again. "I'm sorry but this account does not exist"

Posted Image

Has anyone here even tried to check it out? Any success?

Posted Image
System 1: Liquid Cooled i7/SLI GTX 660 Ti x 2/9GB RAM/3.4TB
System2: 3.1 Ghz 945/OC GTX 460/4GB RAM/1TB
Clemson: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Etc.

#2 marioandsonic

marioandsonic
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

They need to upgrade their servers or something.
The beginning of wisdom is the statement "I do not know." The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn.

-- Thrall, Warcraft series

#3 sblfilms

sblfilms
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

I got to the point of submitting the application, but can't bring up eligibility results or move on to enrollment.

#4 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,817 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

View Postmarioandsonic, on 03 October 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

They need to upgrade their servers or something.

..or something I'm guessing.

I give up for today.

Posted Image

#5 sblfilms

sblfilms
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

I figure it will work by sometime next week. I'll check again then.

#6 joe

joe
  • 2,654 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure.  They can't even run the website properly?

All of this is pure politics, divide and conquer.  I am not on the take, I am paying, so why shouldn't I try to keep more of my money?

#7 outsida

outsida
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

I guess the republicans were right and we should just kill Obamacare...
IGNORO ERGO DEUS

#8 Air_Delivery

Air_Delivery
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postjoe, on 03 October 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure.  They can't even run the website properly?

All of this is pure politics, divide and conquer.  I am not on the take, I am paying, so why shouldn't I try to keep more of my money?

You should just kill yourself now.
Formally known as Nukeman33

#9 CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• 11,241 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postjoe, on 03 October 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

I think it is reasonable to assume that the ACA itself is going to be an even bigger failure.

You think a lot of silly things are reasonable.
And the caravan thunders onward...

#10 Biggie_Rich

Biggie_Rich

Atlanta Braves Baseball Club

• 11,546 posts
  • LocationAtlanta
  • PSN ID:makeMEstop
  • NIntendo ID:Biggie Rich
  • 3DS FC:2063-0439-1357

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:58 PM

I guess all my worries over Obamacare were silly. I see it's working great and smooooooth as butter.  :P
You have diarrhea of the mouth. @ohioguy24 is the fucking kaopectate.

#11 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostBiggie_Rich, on 03 October 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

I guess all my worries over Obamacare were silly. I see it's working great and smooooooth as butter.  :P

Hey did you hear that the Atlanta Falcons website went down for a few days last year! I guess this proves they suck and also that their fans are ugly and suck!

See what I did there?

#12 SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN

Lovable Fascist

• 24,338 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:08 PM

Really though, they should have overloaded on capacity for the rollout.

It's incredibly short-sighted and politically naive -- or even goddamned stupid -- to have these issues continue 3 days later when your political enemies can jump on it so very easily.  

From a purely political viewpoint, it's incompetent.  Whoever was responsible for the web implementation should be fired or shot.
There are no such thing as rights, only privileges granted by tyrants. It does not matter what guise these tyrants take -- Gods, Kings, Emperors, Dictators, Presidents, Congresses, Parliaments, Judges, and Juries -- the privileges called rights are doled out and rescinded at the whim of their interpretation of Justice and its unruly stepchild, Law.

#13 foosh

foosh

what goes here?

• 12,888 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

View PostSFLUFAN, on 03 October 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Really though, they should have overloaded on capacity for the rollout.

It's incredibly short-sighted and politically naive -- or even goddamned stupid -- to have these issues continue 3 days later when your political enemies can jump on it so very easily.  

From a purely political viewpoint, it's incompetent.  Whoever was responsible for the web implementation should be fired or shot.

its really impossible to overload on capacity. every company struggles with this
What do I put here?

#14 Engel

Engel
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I like how the California exchange came out saying they had 5 million hits then today walked it back to 645k hits with 500k unique visitors.

#15 Lopez

Lopez
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

They probably know that no one will remember this when the website is running perfectly fine in two or three weeks.

#16 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostLopez, on 03 October 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

They probably know that no one will remember this when the website is running perfectly fine in two or three weeks.

Ah, the Sim City Theory of website management.

#17 Engel

Engel
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostRileyLewis, on 03 October 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

Ah, the FFXIV:ARR Theory of website management.

#18 Lopez

Lopez
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

I know a lot of people find it hard to believe, but it's what happens with every major website rollout. It especially applies to this case because the tech behind the website is nothing new.

Kevin Drum's friend covered it well here:

"It's because this exact product has been built thousands of times....It's a bunch of forms on top of a bunch of conditional SQL. Nothing new, or innovative, or especially challenging. The problems are simply because of the scale, and with Google and Facebook and Twitter and the like, we've figured out how to do web-scale pretty well.

"The 'bugs' will be in the Java and SQL code, and they'll be easy to fix. Everything else is just web-scale infrastructure, memcached and database tuning, load balancing, edge routing, nuts & bolts stuff. I've never been worried about it at all, because it's just plain been done so many times before. Not exactly uncharted technological waters."

#19 foosh

foosh

what goes here?

• 12,888 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

^basically. the only "fix" is to throttle users from using the site.
What do I put here?

#20 marioandsonic

marioandsonic
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostLopez, on 03 October 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I know a lot of people find it hard to believe, but it's what happens with every major website rollout. It especially applies to this case because the tech behind the website is nothing new.

Kevin Drum's friend covered it well here:

"It's because this exact product has been built thousands of times....It's a bunch of forms on top of a bunch of conditional SQL. Nothing new, or innovative, or especially challenging. The problems are simply because of the scale, and with Google and Facebook and Twitter and the like, we've figured out how to do web-scale pretty well.

"The 'bugs' will be in the Java and SQL code, and they'll be easy to fix. Everything else is just web-scale infrastructure, memcached and database tuning, load balancing, edge routing, nuts & bolts stuff. I've never been worried about it at all, because it's just plain been done so many times before. Not exactly uncharted technological waters."

This.
The beginning of wisdom is the statement "I do not know." The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn.

-- Thrall, Warcraft series

#21 Dodger

Dodger

D1Pshit

• 23,422 posts
  • LocationUpland, CA

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:10 PM

Once you get passed the tutorial mission it should work smoothly
Posted Image

#22 JohnnyPhatsaqs

JohnnyPhatsaqs
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

Yeah, I mean it's only healthcare for the entire country.  How could they have predicted such a load.  Especially since they have only had three fucking years to prepare for it.
Just keep your pecker hard and your powder dry, and the world will turn

#23 kaberle

kaberle
  • 7,868 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
  • Xbox Live:Jera85

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

View PostJohnnyPhatsaqs, on 03 October 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yeah, I mean it's only healthcare for the entire country.  How could they have predicted such a load.  Especially since they have only had three fucking years.
pffft. DFAS says hello.

#24 RicoFoley

RicoFoley

King-Beyond-the-Wall

• 6,974 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think it's a bit of a reach to say that major issues persisting three days in is standard for a big website launch, and these issues shouldn't be handwaved away, but the conservative wank-fest, like their objections were always about how the website was going to be designed, or that the people who made the website are the same people who are going to be running every other aspect of the bill, is equally laughable. And yeah, nobody's going to remember this down the line.
"You might have to metaphorically make a deal with the devil. And by devil, I mean robot devil. And by metaphorically, I mean get your coat."

#25 Lopez

Lopez
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

I think it's completely standard for any huge piece of software. This should be pretty easy to understand for gamers. Just look at almost the launch of any MMO, Diablo 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

I don't really know what there is to argue about on this point because the tech behind the website is nothing new. It would be one thing if this was a new, innovative, untested product, but the Internet has been here before. It's all a matter of web scale that has to be worked out over time by adding servers, throttling users and tweaking code. It's a problem that will almost surely be fixed. Given that, I don't see what the concern could be.

If there is a legitimate concern, it's whether the website is calculating subsidies correctly. That could be a big deal once the traffic issues are solved.

#26 SFLUFAN

SFLUFAN

Lovable Fascist

• 24,338 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostLopez, on 03 October 2013 - 09:45 PM, said:

I think it's completely standard for any huge piece of software. This should be pretty easy to understand for gamers. Just look at almost the launch of any MMO, Diablo 3 and Grand Theft Auto 5.

Those games simply do not have the political implications that this does.

I'm merely suggesting that from a purely political standpoint it appears that greater stress testing should have been executed prior to deployment.
There are no such thing as rights, only privileges granted by tyrants. It does not matter what guise these tyrants take -- Gods, Kings, Emperors, Dictators, Presidents, Congresses, Parliaments, Judges, and Juries -- the privileges called rights are doled out and rescinded at the whim of their interpretation of Justice and its unruly stepchild, Law.

#27 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Oh wait I just thought of a joke that would have been perfect as the first response: I guess Obama shouldn't have hired the same service provider as D1P!

Posted Image

#28 Air_Delivery

Air_Delivery
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostJohnnyPhatsaqs, on 03 October 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Yeah, I mean it's only healthcare for the entire country.  How could they have predicted such a load.  Especially since they have only had three fucking years to prepare for it.

Posted Image
Formally known as Nukeman33

#29 Lopez

Lopez
  • 17,120 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostSFLUFAN, on 03 October 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

Those games simply do not have the political implications that this does.

I'm merely suggesting that from a purely political standpoint it appears that greater stress testing should have been executed prior to deployment.

Oh, yeah. Obviously health care is more important politically and from a basic human perspective. I'm only citing those games as examples of huge software launches. Nothing else.

But I disagree about the political impact. I think most people will forget about these problems once the website is operating just fine in two or three weeks.

#30 GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint
  • 5,973 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

View PostRileyLewis, on 03 October 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

Hey did you hear that the Atlanta Falcons website went down for a few days last year! I guess this proves they suck and also that their fans are ugly and suck!

See what I did there?

Except that this is actually true.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#31 Spork3245

Spork3245
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I don't understand why the US government would have Rockstar set-up their health care servers...
No talent becomes a legend on their own. Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breathe their final breath... And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence and his spirit will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him... And it will make the running that the man did live on forever. -Ultimate Warrior

#32 thewhyteboar

thewhyteboar
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

View PostSpork3245, on 03 October 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

I don't understand why the US government would have Rockstar set-up their health care servers...

EA was busy.

#33 wikunit!

wikunit!

• 6,894 posts
  • Locationoklnd mfka

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

View Postthewhyteboar, on 03 October 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

EA was busy.

Only on origin
- - - c u t - - a l o n g  - - d o t t e d - - l i n e - - - - - - - - - - >8

#34 thewhyteboar

thewhyteboar
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

Should have been Steam. That way you could trade subsidies and gain emoticons.

#35 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,817 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

View Postthewhyteboar, on 03 October 2013 - 11:16 PM, said:

Should have been Steam. That way you could trade subsidies and gain emoticons.

View Postwikunit!, on 03 October 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Only on origin

View Postthewhyteboar, on 03 October 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

EA was busy.

View PostSpork3245, on 03 October 2013 - 10:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users