BIkers being assholes get run over by Range Rover, chase and beat driver

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
160 replies to this topic

#1 phazedplasma

phazedplasma
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Oh and his wife and 5 yr old were in the car.

http://gothamist.com...motorcyclis.php

I am barely a motorcyclist (have owned a bike for 2 weeks).  But fuck these bikers.  Give all of us a bad name.

The driver panicked, but with a 5 yr old and his wife in the car, a lot of people might have done the same thing.

Also not sure why the driver didn't go a few miles further on the highway, he would hit a toll booth with cops.

Locked by OP request. - Nokra

Edited by Nokra, 03 October 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#2 Lucian04

Lucian04

"You're hot, I have a penis, lets do this."

• 64,900 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Why the fuck did that cyclist slow down?
My Gaming Devices / Ultimate Mod Thread / Don't Starve (PS4/PSV) Discussion
Currently Playing: Diablo III UEE - PS4; Dark Souls 2 - PC; Counter Spy - PS4/PSV; Don't Starve (PS4/PSV)

#3 Captain Pickle

Captain Pickle
  • 6,455 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Crotch rockets FTL
Posted Image

#4 phazedplasma

phazedplasma
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostLucian04, on 30 September 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Why the fuck did that cyclist slow down?

Dunno.

Rule number 1: Don't brake check on a motorcycle
Rule number 2: follow rule #1

#5 BasemntDweller2

BasemntDweller2

Sounds Like Warframe

• 2,384 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Wow that was great. That made my day.

#6 Sasquatch123456

Sasquatch123456
  • 17,413 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would have done the same thing. My family is way more important than a bunch of jerks who are putting everyone on the road in danger.

Why do bikers even ride in huge groups? So weird. (I know this was an event, but I mean in general.)

#7 Chairslinger

Chairslinger
  • 19,823 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

Well I'd probably be in jail for murder or manslaughter because every moron on one of those dinky little crotch rockets that tried to pass me would have gotten smeared into the median :shrug:

#8 Engel

Engel
  • 7,044 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Seems like everyone on two wheels is an asshole.

#9 Dre801

Dre801
  • 8,810 posts
  • LocationTampa Bay, Florida
  • Xbox Live:Dre801

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Lots of douchey crotch rocket riders.  The Harley guys are cool.
Florida haters can suck it.
Big tits are overrated.
All thieves should be executed.

#10 Anathema-

Anathema-

It could go either way.

• 45,817 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostChairslinger, on 30 September 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Well I'd probably be in jail for murder or manslaughter because every moron on one of those dinky little crotch rockets that tried to pass me would have gotten smeared into the median :shrug:
At the end there he should have just put it into reverse and ruined hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of machinery at the very least.  What protection would those idiots have from a Range Rover if the guy just decided to fight back with his vehicle?  Morons.

؟

"There's no way B_T is the most ignored. Too many people still respond to his posts for that to be true." -IRMacGuyver

"You're colder than this ice cream, you COLD BITCH." -Dallas

"I'm horrified and turned on at the same time!" -Irreverent79

DayOneCats

#11 foosh

foosh

what goes here?

• 13,713 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

i see this a lot. bikers just like to ride in groups n typically block traffic to keep them all together. theyll hold red lights n stuff so they can all flow pass an interception. theyll slow down cars to widen up lanes.
What do I put here?

#12 Slug

Slug

Man of Extraordinary Magnitude

• 8,120 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • PSN ID:Slug_DC
  • NIntendo ID:Slug_DC
  • 3DS FC:2964-8748-4478
  • Steam ID:Slug_DC

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Jerk-offs like those are the ones that give the rest of us bad names.  I hope at least some of those assholes get arrested from this incident.

The driver shouldn't have stopped after he took off.  Should've never left the highway.  Keep going until you hit a state police highway station or toll area with cops.

Edit: I also like how the video cuts off right when it becomes obvious the bikers were starting to commit assault and battery.
:: Slug ::

Steam, NintendoID, & PSN ID - Slug_DC
Redskins - Capitals - United - Nationals - Wizards

#13 darkness35

darkness35
  • 9,277 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

bunch of fucking hood shits.
I am a Sayo.

#14 Jose

Jose
  • 5,664 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Crazy. I drive on the West Side Highway every day of my life.

#15 BasemntDweller2

BasemntDweller2

Sounds Like Warframe

• 2,384 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Thats at least 400 pts. right? He took out 3 or 4 bikers from what I can see. Someone should give him a medal.

#16 Irreverent79

Irreverent79
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

There are more videos of it too. Or at least of all the bikers I guess. Not sure if there are any of the attack but I'd guess they should be able to get all of the license plate numbers off of these videos.

http://www.youtube.c...0?feature=watch
“The core of science is not controlled experiment or mathematical modeling; it is intellectual honesty. It is time we acknowledge a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.”

#17 phazedplasma

phazedplasma
  • 5,203 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

They usually dont ride with license plates

#18 Stoneysilence

Stoneysilence

The Lone Porker

• 19,267 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Looked to me like the bikers started it.  I would have done the same thing if I got surrounded by a bunch of bikers.  Floor it and call 911 until a cop finds me.
Posted Image

#19 brucoe

brucoe

Incognito Legospaceman

• 3,828 posts
  • LocationCowgirl, Texas

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostStoneysilence, on 30 September 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

Looked to me like the bikers started it.  I would have done the same thing if I got surrounded by a bunch of bikers.  Floor it and call 911 until a cop finds me.

The second they started chasing me, I would have whirled around and started running them over, figuring that with that many bikers I was probably going to be seriously hurt, so I would take out as many of them as I could before they got me. Hopefully, I would run over enough to get an extra level, or at least to do enough damage to cause the level boss to appear.

I saw that earlier today, and it's one of those things where you're just angry because you can't do anything for the poor guy and realize that he's basically screwed because assholes are assholes.
http://www.duanegundrum.com
The only blog that DARES to print TRIES to print the CAN SPELL the truth

#20 kaberle

kaberle
  • 8,564 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
  • Xbox Live:Jera85

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postbrucoe, on 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

The second they started chasing me, I would have whirled around and started running them over, figuring that with that many bikers I was probably going to be seriously hurt, so I would take out as many of them as I could before they got me. Hopefully, I would run over enough to get an extra level, or at least to do enough damage to cause the level boss to appear.

I saw that earlier today, and it's one of those things where you're just angry because you can't do anything for the poor guy and realize that he's basically screwed because assholes are assholes.
He should've killed as many as he could. And inside a car, that's really easy to do.

#21 Irreverent79

Irreverent79
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:42 PM

Here's another link:

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=20419705

Video recorded by one of the bikers in the group shows the motorcycles slowing their speed as they surround the Range Rover, and the Range Rover then tapping the fender of a motorcyclist in the group. Twenty to 30 bikers then surrounded the Land Rover and started gesturing at him, the video shows.

The motorcyclists then began damaging the Range Rover and slashed one the tires, causing the driver to take off and flee north and then exit the highway as his tire deflated, according to Officer Christopher Pisano of the NYPD.

As he was attempting to flee, the SUV driver hit a motorcyclist before speeding off, causing the entire group of bikers to take off after him. During the six-minute encounter, the Range Rover driver slowed down enough at one point for a motorcyclist to get off his bike, run up to the Land Rover and open the driver's side door before the Range Rover fled again.

Finally, after the entire group turned off the highway and the SUV rolled to a stop, motorcyclists ran up to Range Rover and one biker, using his helmet, began smashing the windows of the vehicle, the video shows. Other bikers joined in before the video was stopped.

The bikers then assaulted the driver, according to the NYPD. The driver's wife and 2-year-old child were not harmed. The driver was taken to Columbia Medical Center, where he was treated and received stitches, police said.

The video was uploaded by the biker to Live Leak with the caption, "A black Range Rover ran over a group of bikers in New York City during an annual street ride." The information posted with the video claimed that a biker was killed when he was hit by the Range Rover, but police said that was not true.

Police are investigating witness accounts. A video of the chase and confrontation was also uploaded to the Internet. Pisano said police are "combing everything" as part of their investigation, but no arrests have been made yet.

“The core of science is not controlled experiment or mathematical modeling; it is intellectual honesty. It is time we acknowledge a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one isn't. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.”

#22 Anathema-

Anathema-

It could go either way.

• 45,817 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postkaberle, on 30 September 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

He should've killed as many as he could. And inside a car, that's really easy to do.
Not even a CAR .. a motherfuckin' RANGE ROVER.  I don't care how much they cost, those are legit vehicles and that guy probably would have been able to get out of traffic in either direction if he just pushed the accelerator.

؟

"There's no way B_T is the most ignored. Too many people still respond to his posts for that to be true." -IRMacGuyver

"You're colder than this ice cream, you COLD BITCH." -Dallas

"I'm horrified and turned on at the same time!" -Irreverent79

DayOneCats

#23 Demut

Demut

デムト

• 15,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

“[A]nd the Range Rover then tapping the fender of a motorcyclist in the group”

Tapping, huh :lol: ?

Edit: Wait, nevermind, I mixed up the chronological order.

Edited by Demut, 30 September 2013 - 02:56 PM.

Lure the creature into a quiet alley ... and end its miserable rubbery existence!

#24 Shoes

Shoes

I put that pussy on the chain-wax.

• 10,328 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostAnathema-, on 30 September 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Not even a CAR .. a motherfuckin' RANGE ROVER.  I don't care how much they cost, those are legit vehicles and that guy probably would have been able to get out of traffic in either direction if he just pushed the accelerator.

Well, judging by the way I drive, I'm not gonna think about accelerating out of a situation like that until it is too late and I am surrounded by the bikers, like the driver in the video was. And allegedly the bikers slashed one of the RR's tires during the initial confrontation, so that would kill any getaway plan.

#25 CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• 12,266 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

Bikers were completely in the wrong.

Range Rover gets brake checked and surrounded by bikers at the very beginning. Then once they grind the highway to a complete halt and surround the guy, fight or flight kicks in and Range Rover busts it.

I can't say I'd act any differently.
Honestly, pack mentality is horrible and is what caused this. These motorcyclists should be jailed.
And the caravan thunders onward...

#26 Kyio

Kyio

The Heliocentric Knight!

• Administrator
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

Why is it that Sportbike guys are either completely awesome or completely crazy? Why did they surround and brake check the guy and come to a stop to begin with? At that point I would have probably got the hell out of there too, trying not to run someone over but sheesh. Just cruising down the highway with your family and this train of cocked bikers rolls up and messes with you like that... they were asking for something to go wrong.

Giving a bad name to bikers in this, so I am specifically talking about a few from this group.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Kyio Nitor -- Sargatanas Server
Free Company -- Wild Tonberries

-- www.TheWildTonberries.com --

"The marks on your head look like stars in the sky"

#27 UMad?

UMad?
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

if only the car was an autobot. fuck that...a decepticon. fuck those assholes.

#28 Kyio

Kyio

The Heliocentric Knight!

• Administrator
  • 19,789 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

The way the article is worded too bothers me, so blindly one sided too, it is just a blog post though anyways lol.

They slashed the guy and the tires after the video as well, and cops ended up breaking the group up into smaller ones and impounded a bunch of them.
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Kyio Nitor -- Sargatanas Server
Free Company -- Wild Tonberries

-- www.TheWildTonberries.com --

"The marks on your head look like stars in the sky"

#29 Irreverent79

Irreverent79
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

View PostKyio, on 30 September 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

The way the article is worded too bothers me, so blindly one sided too, it is just a blog post though anyways lol.

They slashed the guy and the tires after the video as well, and cops ended up breaking the group up into smaller ones and impounded a bunch of them.
I also linked an article from ABC News.

#30 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,844 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Too bad he only hit one guy.

I wouldn't have stopped till I got to a police station.

He should have "brake checked" HARD when a bunch of them were right behind him chasing him....that's as close as I would have got to stopping.

I would have L O L 'ed if the guy did that.

Posted Image
System 1: Liquid Cooled i7 / GTX 780 / 9GB RAM/4TB
System2: 3.1 Ghz 945 / OC GTX 460 / 4GB RAM/1TB
Clemson: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Etc.

#31 CayceG

CayceG

The Baron

• 12,266 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I can't say "too bad he didn't hit more" regarding the bikers. They're asshats and deserve to be in jail. Not dead.
And the caravan thunders onward...

#32 Reputator

Reputator

Making D1P His Litterbox

• 8,089 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostCayceG, on 30 September 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

I can't say "too bad he didn't hit more" regarding the bikers. They're asshats and deserve to be in jail. Not dead.

That's probably true. The situation ended probably as well as it could of. Think of the trauma for the little kid and the wife, if the driver suddenly became homicidal. A few stitches and an insurance claim are a small price to pay in exchange for people's lives.
http://1985fm.com
http://reputator.blogspot.com/
"Gamers are impossible to satisfy." - Reggie Fils-Aime

#33 Dodger

Dodger

D1Pshit

• 24,944 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm okay with dead for them
PC specs: i7 4790k, Gigabyte R9 290, Asus Z97A LGA1150 Motherboard, 8gig  G. Skill sniper series DDR3 2133 (4x2) RAM, Samsung EVO 840 500gig SSD, 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, Hyper 212 EVO cooler, Seasonic 750W 80+ gold PSU, Corsair 400R case

Posted Image

#34 Irreverent79

Irreverent79
  • 23,531 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

While I'm glad there wasn't more suffering, I do think that he should have done more and I certainly like to think I would have if they threatened my family and were actively pursuing me. I mean if anyone came up alongside my range rover I would certainly run them off the road in the least. I also would have called the police from my cell and tried to get them to come to me instead of taking an exit and stopping my vehicle though. I'm not sure what the driver was thinking there.

#35 kaberle

kaberle
  • 8,564 posts
  • LocationBaltimore
  • Xbox Live:Jera85

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:10 PM

They came at him with a knife, threatened him and his family. If there's a greater argument for self-defense I am not seeing it. I can guarantee I would have killed a few.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users