Need For Speed Unbound (PS5/Xbox Series/PC, December 2) - reviews from OpenCritic posted

Brian

38 minutes ago, stepee said:

That would actually triple my interest alone.

The latest NFS game could be a drastic departure from the franchise’s usual aesthetic, according to leaked information from Giant Bomb’s Jeff Grubb. “It’s going to be photo-realistic, but it’s going to have on top of that, anime elements,” claims Grubb

Grubb added that “when you see a car commercial or something like that and the car’s driving around, but then cartoons flames and stuff are flying off it? That’s the kind of the aesthetic that they seem to be going for.”

need-for-speed-unbound-release-window-pl
WWW.DEXERTO.COM

Need For Speed Unbound shifts EA's racing franchise into a new gear. From release speculation to gameplay details, here's everything we know.

Awkward Lucille Ball GIF

• Halal 1

26 minutes ago, Brian said:
ELJM-30246.jpg
WWW.NEOWING.CO.JP

時間と戦いながら、警察を出し抜き、毎週予選に挑んで、レイクショア究極のストリートレースチャレンジ「グランド」を目指せ。精密にチューニングされたカスタムマシ...

@stepee first screenshots

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

OMG that's ugly as shit. It's like GTA Loading Screen: The Game.

Although if they're animated like the old Fat Albert cartoon I might check it out.

But only if they're animated like Fat Albert.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

You're acting like you're wavering but you're getting this no doubt about it. :p

Ehhh I’m particular about racing actually. I haven’t gotten a NFS since most wanted. BUT I will play it yeah because EA play trial so yolo. 

• Brian changed the title to Need For Speed Unbound revealed, coming to PS5, XSX/S and PC on December 2
4 minutes ago, Brian said:

Yeah that's a big Nope from me. 

I was hoping the extra time they took would be to fundamentally change the game, not double down on the street racer cringe and put a extra layer of "flair" on it to cover up the fact that it's the same ol shit.

I do appreciate that the single player is offline though.

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

They should have made the entire game look realistic and not mix the stupid animation stuff in. I have 0 interest in this but it honestly didn't look awful from the trailer. 

naaa that should have went all the way with the animated look rather than whatever this is 

• Halal 1

28 minutes ago, BasemntDweller2 said:

Anime NFS? 

Gross.

This isn't anime NFS, this is closer to the comic/graffiti style from Into the Spiderverse.

That said, we have enough realistic looking racing games. Is Forza, GT, Grid, The Crew, Dirt, Project Cars, and every other Need for Speed not enough?

I wish they would have gone further into the animated look. I feel like they were hedging here a bit and didn't fully commit.

• Halal 1

15 minutes ago, stepee said:

naaa that should have went all the way with the animated look rather than whatever this is 

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

This isn't anime NFS, this is closer to the comic/graffiti style from Into the Spiderverse.

That said, we have enough realistic looking racing games. Is Forza, GT, Grid, The Crew, Dirt, Project Cars, and every other Need for Speed not enough?

I wish they would have gone further into the animated look. I feel like they were hedging here a bit and didn't fully commit.

I agree with you guys.