• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P Twitch Channel Streaming   05/20/2016

Just as a courtesy, if you're going to stream on the D1P Twitch channel, please let us know the times you intend to stream so that you don't kick someone else off of it inadvertently.
    • SFLUFAN

The E3 2016 Board is Open For Business   05/31/2016

The Official D1P E3 2016 Board is open for business under General Gaming, so please feel free to post anything E3-related there!
Vacu1ty

FFXIV: ARR - Patch 2.2 "Through the Maelstrom" release on 3/27/14!

2,104 posts in this topic

Getting my weaver craft on again tonight.

It's pretty fun to just run it windowed, and watch sports on the other monitor.

I'll be 15 tonight, was almost 15 but off for football and stuff.

Wait level 15 as archer or something else?

Of course, unless the 3 ladies are NPC's, it is almost certain that 2 of those 3 miqote are men...

Of course, unless the 3 ladies are NPC's, it is almost certain that 2 of those 3 miqote are men...

2 of the cat girls are NPC's. I'm the guy with the blond hair. It is up to you to decide which cat girl is a PC.

OK, real question. Why is there armor that says Lancer/Dragoon but I can't need it? The gear also says it is for Tanks (PLD WAR).

A bug they havent fixed yet. Plate armor cant be "needed" by DRG.

So I was playing Archer tonight... going from 12 to 19.

No quests.

Hunting Log for these levels was finished at L.14.

No leves (no allowances).

All Fates, and the L.15 class quest.

It's not boring just waiting around for Fates because you can always just kill stuff.... At first I didn't like the idea of the low level quests only being there once... and then I remembered how it was in FFXI ( :mthinking: :o ) ... and I went along my way doing Fates and killing stuff.

Level 20 weaver! Level 32 White Mage!

QdwDQS6.jpg

Materia, how do I make it?

I know the item needs to be 100% spiritbound, but other than that I'm lost.

So I was playing Archer tonight... going from 12 to 19.

No quests.

Hunting Log for these levels was finished at L.14.

No leves (no allowances).

All Fates, and the L.15 class quest.

It's not boring just waiting around for Fates because you can always just kill stuff.... At first I didn't like the idea of the low level quests only being there once... and then I remembered how it was in FFXI ( :mthinking: :o ) ... and I went along my way doing Fates and killing stuff.

Pent where were you? Gridania? If you ran out of story and generic quests I would be very surprised. You probably missed a quest npc somewhere that would have had you head to a different are where you would have had quests available to you. And whatever you do, do not neglect the story quests, they open up the world immensely.

Level 20 weaver! Level 32 White Mage!

QdwDQS6.jpg

Materia, how do I make it?

I know the item needs to be 100% spiritbound, but other than that I'm lost.

There is a quest giver north of black brush station in central thanalan that will teach you how to extract and meld materia.

PS4/Vita Remote play details:

http://kotaku.com/fi...ource=pulsenews

Sounds like they will limit what you can do with remote play.

It doesnt sound like that at all, it sounds like he is saying that you can do everything that you could with the other versions, but he was suggesting not to try and do remote play when running groups or dungeons. Which i can understand why, as conversing will require an onscreen keyboard that will hide much of the screen. Plus the inherent delays possible with remote play could mean life and death in hectic battles. But yeah, i would so use remote play for crafting and gathering and maybe leves when i dont want to be upstairs on my computer (especially during the summer when my room gets warm and i dont want to use the AC all the time).

I didn't even think about remote play on my Vita playing ffxiv....that is AWESOME!

Yeah, it sounds great IMO. I'm wondering how easy it will be to see chat while playing, but if anything, maybe they can put in a "remote play" tag, just like they have an "afk" tag, so that people will know you are playing remote play and wont try to invite you into groups and stuff.

It doesnt sound like that at all, it sounds like he is saying that you can do everything that you could with the other versions, but he was suggesting not to try and do remote play when running groups or dungeons. Which i can understand why, as conversing will require an onscreen keyboard that will hide much of the screen. Plus the inherent delays possible with remote play could mean life and death in hectic battles. But yeah, i would so use remote play for crafting and gathering and maybe leves when i dont want to be upstairs on my computer (especially during the summer when my room gets warm and i dont want to use the AC all the time).

Yah, I was going to edit my post and forgot...

A bug they havent fixed yet. Plate armor cant be "needed" by DRG.

I know it can't be needed, but I thought maybe it wasn't plate or there are some exceptions to the rule. Stupid bug getting my hopes up. Thanks for the answer.

I'm so glad the weekend is almost upon us. I should be able to get some real play time in! But i think i'll be doing alot of focusing on my crafting

Whew. Hitting my first real gear check as a tank. Hard Mode Garuda was rough on me (Got the strat down pat, but got hit pretty hit by the boss. I could tell it was a strain on the healers.) but Hard Mode Titan (the current final hard mode) is just... absurd! My gear is nowhere near enough to tank this fucker. He hits like a train loaded with nukes, on fire and falling from orbit. My itty bitty 4.6k HP pool is not sufficient. I need to get up to a minimum of 5.5k and try again! Relics, here I come!

Man, Brayflox's Longstop was the first challenging dungeon. Up until that dungeon I pretty much just did the basic lancer combo in dungeons. But with Longstop I was busting out all the tricks. By all, I mean I finally started to use slow and made sure my dots were up at all times. What made it even harder was my friend and I were dead tired but ran an unfamiliar dungeon anyways. He was the Healer. We wiped twice. Once at the first boss and once at the final boss. Up to this point he has never had to actually tr or exert effort to keep us alive. With the unexpected difficulty and how tired we were, it was not a good time. Thankfully, the tank was pretty good.

Also, I want to start putting materia in gear, but I really dislike the 'grind' to level up the crafting/gathering classes. :shrug:

Also, I want to start putting materia in gear, but I really dislike the 'grind' to level up the crafting/gathering classes. :shrug:

Then don't level them. Each piece of gear will tell you what class can meld materia into it. Before you do anything else, check which catalyst it needs. (Carbonized matter, I think.) and buy some off the auction house. Even the highest grade stuff goes for dirt cheap on my server so stock up! Just go to whichever city has that classes' guild as its base and walk through the market area looking for crafters! For example, if you need a blacksmith, look for someone using an anvil. (There's actually two types of anvils, examine them to see which one is a blacksmith and which is an armorer so you can tell the difference at a glance instead of examining.)

Then, right click them (or hit X(360) or square(PS3)) and hit "request meld." It'll bring up a list of all items you can meld, select the item, select the materia, and select a gil reward if you wish to give one. (They just click "okay" and it's instantly done, so don't give TOO big a reward unless you had to /shout for one or you just think they deserve it for leveling a slow ass crafting class.)

If it has multiple materia slots, simply request another meld to finish the second/third/fourth slots.

To summarize:

1. Get catalyst, it says which on item.

2. Go to city with the crafter guild you need, it says which crafter on item.

3. Right click or X/Square on desired crafter.

4. Select item, put in a reward. Hit okay. Done!

Then don't level them. Each piece of gear will tell you what class can meld materia into it. Before you do anything else, check which catalyst it needs. (Carbonized matter, I think.) and buy some off the auction house. Even the highest grade stuff goes for dirt cheap on my server so stock up! Just go to whichever city has that classes' guild as its base and walk through the market area looking for crafters! For example, if you need a blacksmith, look for someone using an anvil. (There's actually two types of anvils, examine them to see which one is a blacksmith and which is an armorer so you can tell the difference at a glance instead of examining.)

Then, right click them (or hit X(360) or square(PS3)) and hit "request meld." It'll bring up a list of all items you can meld, select the item, select the materia, and select a gil reward if you wish to give one. (They just click "okay" and it's instantly done, so don't give TOO big a reward unless you had to /shout for one or you just think they deserve it for leveling a slow ass crafting class.)

If it has multiple materia slots, simply request another meld to finish the second/third/fourth slots.

To summarize:

1. Get catalyst, it says which on item.

2. Go to city with the crafter guild you need, it says which crafter on item.

3. Right click or X/Square on desired crafter.

4. Select item, put in a reward. Hit okay. Done!

Had no clue you could do that...

and I was watching this again for the 5th time and just in case somebody here has not seen this epicness, enjoy.

EDIT: Where are people getting that cool magitek mount?

EDIT: Where are people getting that cool magitek mount?

Finishing main story, I believe.

and I was watching this again for the 5th time and just in case somebody here has not seen this epicness, enjoy.

About this video, I was sad when I saw the actual game intro is the "rushed" narrated version of this... but if you let the game sit on the Main Menu, you will get this full non-narrated version. :D