FFXIV: ARR - Patch 2.2 "Through the Maelstrom" release on 3/27/14!

2,102 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So, for those that have been following, open beta starts today @ 5am eastern. How many patchers are going to be getting in on this re release?

I personally never played the original release, so I'll be coming in with a clear and unbiased mind.

Where/What Classes is everyone going to main as? How did everyone do on the benchmarks? What are you most excited for with the release? Lets hear dem opinions!

Edit by Kyio:

A Realm Awoken: Patch 2.1 information

Edited by Kyio

Posted · Report post

I had a beta invite but never got around to playing :P

From what I played you didn't miss anything

Posted · Report post

I'll be checking it out even though I was in the previous beta as well.

Posted · Report post

I'll be checking it out even though I was in the previous beta as well.

Well, if you're already planning on playing the release, I'm sure you know this, but this beta phase all characters carry over to launch servers. Barring any large exploits that appear, of course. Then they will reset.

Posted · Report post

I'll be enjoying the game tonight and this weekend, and look forward to the actual official launch the week after. I love playing Pugilist and Lancer, and unless something has changed you have to play both of those to advance to the Monk class from Pugilist (Lancer would have to be level 15, and Pugilist lvl 30, and you can do the Monk class quest). I'm also looking forward to trying out Arcanist, but i might wait a while until the newness wears off, as probably EVERYONE will be playing Arcanist starting today.

And since i'm a Legacy member i get cool extras...i just wish i could remember what all of them were, besides just the permanent subscription discount, LOL.

Posted · Report post

cant wait to get out of class so I can play

yeah, i hope i get to leave work on time today.

Posted · Report post

how does one join the open beta and download the client?

Wondering this myself, as I just tried opening the beta client I used a month or two ago and it fails a file check.

Edit: Downloading the client again.

Posted · Report post

I think FFXIV is the first one to do controller functions right on PC. It helps you toggle between showing XBOX360 button prompts or PS3 button prompts. Using a PS3 controller on PC just got a lot better now.

Posted · Report post

Wondering this myself, as I just tried opening the beta client I used a month or two ago and it fails a file check.

Edit: Downloading the client again.

Yeah, there was a new client, and the new client is for the final release version of the game, so you will be all good with that.

Posted · Report post

I'll be enjoying the game tonight and this weekend, and look forward to the actual official launch the week after. I love playing Pugilist and Lancer, and unless something has changed you have to play both of those to advance to the Monk class from Pugilist (Lancer would have to be level 15, and Pugilist lvl 30, and you can do the Monk class quest). I'm also looking forward to trying out Arcanist, but i might wait a while until the newness wears off, as probably EVERYONE will be playing Arcanist starting today.

And since i'm a Legacy member i get cool extras...i just wish i could remember what all of them were, besides just the permanent subscription discount, LOL.

when I hopped on after work yesterday (graveyard shift), there was a metric fuck ton of arcanists on. Obviously, everyone wants to try the new class, I just hope it isn't over played. I'm playing one for that as close to warlocky feel that I can get.

Posted · Report post

Oh shit, maybe I should play some of this tonight. Or this morning, whatever you want to call right now.

Posted · Report post

Welp, it's about a bajillion times better than 1.0, make that 10 bajillion since 1.0 was pretty bad so you gotta add more to more accurately reflect the raise in quality. Played all day today, got to level 17, goin' to fuckin' bed. Was a lot of fun, though. Tons of content to do so far.

Posted · Report post

can someone link the page where it has the client download? I've been searching for it and I can't find it

yeah whats up with that? Ive been looking too and couldnt find it; thought it would be on their main webpage or something - beta is not really open is it?

Posted · Report post

Ah, need to have pre-ordered or already have a registration key for the game.

I just gave the link to register the game to your account.