A group of male sex workers are getting to ready publicly out a GOP senator (most likely Graham)

14 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

It’s finally happening, fam. Lindsay Graham is getting outed!

Just to be clear, outing someone against their will is shitty. But when it comes to politicians who support anti LGBT legislation, it’s 100% fair game. This will be entertaining.

I mean, considering that the only way this would hurt him is if his homophobic base decided not to vote for him over it I have a hard time feeling bad for him about it.

Live by the bigot vote, die by the bigot vote.

14 hours ago, Littleronin said:

While most likely Graham, I would love it to be the Turtle. 

EDIT: But it would not surprise me if it were one of the "Im a manly bully" type senators. 

With the initials LG in the Tweet, it's definitely Lindsey Graham.

28 minutes ago, Littleronin said:

While most likely Graham, I would love it to be the Turtle. 

EDIT: But it would not surprise me if it were one of the "Im a manly bully" type senators. 

I know it's not a perfect indicator, but are there even any other male Senators that aren't married?

If this is just a matter of Graham being a horny old man who likes the company of other consenting adults males, then I'm not sure it'll really move the needle. Sure, at one time this would absolutely be a death sentence, but one person's indescretions is miniscule compared to desire of the GOP to maintain and consolidate power.

2 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

If this is just a matter of Graham being a horny old man who likes the company of other consenting adults males, then I'm not sure it'll really move the needle. Sure, at one time this would absolutely be a death sentence, but one person's indescretions is miniscule compared to desire of the GOP to maintain and consolidate power.

Agreed, I mean everyone knows he is but the it just feels gross to do this. I dont think he deserves a pass for anything hes done but we have to remember he was born and raised in the south . Being a Gay in the 60's in SC couldnt been easy and I am sure its messed with his head in ways i cant fathom. 

I am at odds with this.

44 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

He’s a Republican of course some of them are under age.

1 hour ago, ThreePi said:

Always a bad bet to underestimate the GOP's lust for power, but any scenario where Grahmn loses would probably come down to a very small margin. So any small depression in term out for him could be decisive.

1 hour ago, SimpleG said:

Agreed, I mean everyone knows he is but the it just feels gross to do this. I dont think he deserves a pass for anything hes done but we have to remember he was born and raised in the south . Being a Gay in the 60's in SC couldnt been easy and I am sure its messed with his head in ways i cant fathom. 

I am at odds with this.

I was, too, but I can very much appreciate that there probably comes some point when a community has to protect itself. Assume this is Graham and assume this is actually a real thing. If he were some junior senator, I'd get it, even if they are Republican. However, if this is a a guy in his 60s that's been in politics for nearly thirty years and spent all of that time making life difficult for the community he's allegedly a part of...I have a really hard time feeling bad for him.

30 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

It would definitely result in a massive loss of power in terms of voting against LGBQT shit, since it would come across as insane once everyone knows he is in that group.

Thats the thing , everyone knows hes gay. I could see the right turning this around and supporting anyway and make him a bit of a martyr.

I’m not gay, so I don’t have any personal stakes in the question of whether it’s OK to out somebody...but this seems like a bad thing for younger folks who are struggling to make that decision themselves. Weaponizing an innate characteristic of a person against them, even if they are terrible and deserve no pity individually, has repercussions on other with that same characteristic. Just seems short sighted.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m not gay, so I don’t have any personal stakes in the question of whether it’s OK to out somebody...but this seems like a bad thing for younger folks who are struggling to make that decision themselves. Weaponizing an innate characteristic of a person against them, even if they are terrible and deserve no pity individually, has repercussions on other with that same characteristic. Just seems short sighted.

Not if that individual is openly hostile to the community.

I mean it could be looked at as a somewhat bad thing that accomplishes a greater good.

56 minutes ago, Jose said:

Not if that individual is openly hostile to the community.

I mean it could be looked at as a somewhat bad thing that accomplishes a greater good.

I understand that line of thinking, I just don’t buy that it generally plays out that way. A big gamble given the historical fallout of things like public outings.

42 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

Graham is human garbage. That said I think outing someone is lousy, outing someone with the intent to shame them is worse. 

But the source of shame isn’t his homosexuality, it’s his hypocrisy.