Sign in to follow this  
Keyser_Soze

Have Any of You Had Freezing Issues Playing Assassin's Creed III on Xbox 360?

Yea... series known for buggy releases on current gen hardware... trying to hit four consoles at one time... on a short dev cycle...

I think you're burying your head in the sand at the moment.

It's their regular dev cycle.

AC3 had normal "open world" jank -- but didn't seem abnormally bad to me.

This thread does not bode well for Black Flag, considering it froze during the E3 demo...

I think the stage demo was something unrelated to this.

I've tried the method I described from the Ubi forums about disconnecting so it doesn't connect to Uplay and sadly, this pathetic fix, has worked. :|

I don't know if it's coincidence but before I did the fix I had 3 freezes in an hour. I did the fix and after that no freezes all night. I played again yesterday it froze once (but I think i screwed up the process) did the method again and it worked with no freezing.

AC3 had normal "open world" jank -- but didn't seem abnormally bad to me.

It WAS abnormally bad, especially for a big release by a big developer/publisher like Ubisoft. It had more issues than just the usual open world jank, it had a lot of bugs, crashes and glicthes. It might not have been as bad as games like Dead Island and Fallout: New Vegas, but it was close.

It WAS abnormally bad, especially for a big release by a big developer/publisher like Ubisoft. It had more issues than just the usual open world jank, it had a lot of bugs, crashes and glicthes. It might not have been as bad as games like Dead Island and Fallout: New Vegas, but it was close.

I guess I was just lucky then. No freezes. Just one case of an event not triggering, and one case where the red coats weren't rendered in a cut scene.

I had a bug in one of the naval missions where you go to one of the forts, if you failed the enemies wouldn't reset to the correct place so the guard was moved halfway up the isle and the patrolling guard would just walk in place into him. :|

I think most of the problems come with the white one. I tried on a slim and it didn't freeze. In the thread I linked to earlier and others I googled they had freezing with the white ones. :P

So that fix on the Ubisoft forums works. I guess Uplay breaks the game for some consoles. I edited the original post with this information in case anyone stumbles upon the same issue.

• Launch the game with an cable connection

• When you see the game ask you to select a device to save to the game tries to load uplay in the background. Disconnect the ethernet cable so that it does not connect.

• When it fails to connect you can load your game as you normally would.

• When you start to play you can reconnect to Xbox live.

• Now you can play without freezes, but you need to do that for each Boot

I've played quite a while the past three days with no freezes at all using this method.

I guess Uplay breaks the game for some consoles.

I played the game offline, so Uplay had nothing to do with the problems that I experienced with the game. :shrug:

Ugh. Now if I try the method I describe it just hangs at "logging in to Ubisoft server, please wait" and won't go into the game. It just started doing this last night. Of course if you start the game disconnected then log in it freezes and if you just stay logged in it freezes. :|

Not sure it's even worth playing the rest of the game. :|

:| :| :|