Sign in to follow this  
Keyser_Soze

Have Any of You Had Freezing Issues Playing Assassin's Creed III on Xbox 360?

I've been trying to get through this game and I'm around chapter 5. Recently, the game has been freezing up quite often. I've had the whole system freeze at least 10 times. I cleared the cache and that didn't do anything. I tried another game and it didn't freeze up. I don't think it's my system I just think the game is messed up. I have the game installed, I haven't tried uninstalling it yet which is probably the last thing I could try.

Anyone else encounter difficulties with this game?

EDIT: I found a fix

http://forums.ubi.co...h-FIX!-xbox-360

This method also works for single player freezes:

• Launch the game with an cable connection

• When you see the game ask you to select a device to save to the game tries to load uplay in the background. Disconnect the ethernet cable so that it does not connect.

• When it fails to connect you can load your game as you normally would.

• When you start to play you can reconnect to Xbox live.

• Now you can play without freezes, but you need to do that for each Boot

Yeah, the game has a lot of technical issues including freezing. I got it at launch, and I was disappointed by how buggy it was since Ubisoft usually does a better job of polishing their games before they release them. I thought that they would have fixed all of its technical issues with a patch by now, but I guess not.

I'm just glad it has a "backup save" because once it froze when it was saving and it corrupted the save. :|

I was going to give an update to this thread but you guys bumped it too soon. Anyway

I uninstalled the game thinking maybe that was a problem. I ran off the disc and it still froze.

When I went to re-install my Xbox said it couldn't read the disc. I installed a different game to make sure my drive wasn't failing me, it installed fine. Now the ACIII disc was immaculate, no dirty anywhere but I cleaned it to make sure. I was able to install the game. I played a bit before I ate dinner it didn't freeze, I'll probably return to it in a little bit to see if it freezes again. :P

So the game still freezes. I'm pretty sure the disc is shit. I contacted Ubisoft Support to see if they might have mercy on me. Will update once I get an answer.

Well I contacted Ubisoft support and they gave me some canned response: Does the disc have scratches or cracks? Verify that the disc matches the console you purchased it for (Really? :| )

Try it on a a friend's console (Haven't tried this actually but that's easier said than done. :P )

"If there is an issue with the disc itself, we recommend that you return your copy of the game to the retailer where you purchased it from. Make sure you are able to bring your receipt, as some retailers will require this."

So I'll play their game. I bought this in November so there's no way anyone would let you exchange it. Well I talked to @Amazon and they said they'd make a special exception for me to exchange the game. Yes! And they'd even use 1 day shipping to get it to me.

I'd like to give you some happy news my friends but... even this new copy freezes. :(

It's just hard to believe there is a game this buggy out there. I played Oblivion for over 200 hours and I encountered less crashes than this game. :|

I took it to my friend's house and played it on his and it didn't freeze (although the freezing is very inconsistent). I also tried the 3D there and it's really weak, even at 10. All it really does is give you jaggies the size of 8 bit games. :P

I played it on mine after that it froze. But then I played again and played a long while without it freezing but when I went to quit it froze when it was quitting. :|

Well I contacted Ubisoft support and they gave me some canned response: Does the disc have scratches or cracks? Verify that the disc matches the console you purchased it for (Really? :| )

Try it on a a friend's console (Haven't tried this actually but that's easier said than done. :P )

"If there is an issue with the disc itself, we recommend that you return your copy of the game to the retailer where you purchased it from. Make sure you are able to bring your receipt, as some retailers will require this."

So I'll play their game. I bought this in November so there's no way anyone would let you exchange it. Well I talked to @Amazon and they said they'd make a special exception for me to exchange the game. Yes! And they'd even use 1 day shipping to get it to me.

I'd like to give you some happy news my friends but... even this new copy freezes. :(

It's just hard to believe there is a game this buggy out there. I played Oblivion for over 200 hours and I encountered less crashes than this game. :|

I enjoyed our chat.

I guess I'm not the only one who's experienced these issues. I did a search and found a lot of other people had the same problem.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_360_games/a_d/assassins_creed_iii/f/2561/p/380066/1946027.aspx

This is the Ubisoft multiplayer "fix" I'm going to see if it works for the single player as well.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/722653-Assassins-creed-3-multiplayer-crash-FIX!-xbox-360

Yeah, it happened to me a couple of times in the PS3 version too, but only about 4 or 5 times, nowhere near as much as you mentioned. But i know it happened to my roommate more than me when he played, so its really just hit and miss on that.

Unfortunately AC3 is the buggiest of the AC games in my opinion. I still consider Brotherhood the pinnacle of the series so far, and the least buggy.

Yeah, it happened to me a couple of times in the PS3 version too, but only about 4 or 5 times, nowhere near as much as you mentioned. But i know it happened to my roommate more than me when he played, so its really just hit and miss on that.

Unfortunately AC3 is the buggiest of the AC games in my opinion. I still consider Brotherhood the pinnacle of the series so far, and the least buggy.

I would have to agree -- Brotherhood was the best of the series -- and I don't remember any serious bugs.

This is the Ubisoft multiplayer "fix" I'm going to see if it works for the single player as well.

http://forums.ubi.co...h-FIX!-xbox-360

Well before I made this post I had 3 freezes in like an hour. I did this fix and had no freezes afterward. So I guess it could be uplay making the game freeze or something. :|

Anyway can't say for sure I need more play time to make sure.

I still consider Brotherhood the pinnacle of the series so far

Assassin's Creed II > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood > Assassin's Creed III > Assassin's Creed Revelations > Assassin's Creed

Assassin's Creed II > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood > Assassin's Creed III > Assassin's Creed Revelations > Assassin's Creed

ACB > ACII >ACR = AC > AC3

AC3 is ALOT better than the original AC.

AC was more of a tech demo / proof of concept than a real game.

Disagree but I'm not going to get into it again. :P

I expect that Ubi is going to work alot harder on fixing bugs for Black Flag, considering the flak they have been getting over the bugs in AC3 and Lib. Liberation at one point nearly caused me to destroy my Vita...thankfully, it was at the end of that horribly buggy game and i finished it and deleted it from my Vita...never to be reinstalled again...

I dont know. Proof is in the pudding. "Fool me once" and all that. It at least makes sense to be cautious and lean on reviews for signs of trouble. It's only been a year.

It's only been a year.

Yeah, which makes me question the quality of the game. I admit that they pulled off Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in a year, but Revelations didn't fare as well. How long have they been working on Assassin's Creed IV, because Assassin's Creed III just came out late last year. I know that they have different development teams, but I'm still concerned about the quality of Assassin's Creed IV since it's coming out so soon after Assassin's Creed III.

Yeah, which makes me question the quality of the game. I admit that they pulled off Assassin's Creed Brotherhood in a year, but Revelations didn't fare as well. How long have they been working on Assassin's Creed IV, because Assassin's Creed III just came out late last year. I know that they have different development teams, but I'm still concerned about the quality of Assassin's Creed IV since it's coming out so soon after Assassin's Creed III.

Ubisoft's production pipeline doesn't seem to be like other software developers.... I think they have huge specialized teams, that move from game to game...

They've released a game a year since AC2...

Yeah.... Early build of a game, running on prototype hardware....

Yea... series known for buggy releases on current gen hardware... trying to hit four consoles at one time... on a short dev cycle...

I think you're burying your head in the sand at the moment.