Sign in to follow this  
KupoBitches

Redbox just f*cked me big time....

Don't have redbox where I live. Why bother making a photo copy of the disc? What does that do? Why not just put an empty case back?

Cant return an empty disk case,redbox would just keep charging you.The kiosk reads the top of the disk.

So here's what ended up happening.

I picked the game up on my lunch break and didn't have time to call them. When I got home, I called them up and they gave me two free rentals, one of which is supposed to cancel out my fee from renting a piece of paper from them today.

As far as me renting the game instead of buying it, I can explain. My PS3 just died (launch 60gb) so I actually had to borrow my friends console to play this. I am not going to buy a game for a console which I don't own anymore, that's fucking ridiculous.

And no, I don't feel bad renting a game this one time. It's not like I bought a used copy which is actively fucking developers. I rented the game through an authorized retailer that is allocated a specific amount of copies by ND themselves.

Off to enjoy the game. Can't wait to dig in!

God I love Naughty Dog.

So here's what ended up happening.

I picked the game up on my lunch break and didn't have time to call them. When I got home, I called them up and they gave me two free rentals, one of which is supposed to cancel out my fee from renting a piece of paper from them today.

As far as me renting the game instead of buying it, I can explain. My PS3 just died (launch 60gb) so I actually had to borrow my friends console to play this. I am not going to buy a game for a console which I don't own anymore, that's fucking ridiculous.

And no, I don't feel bad renting a game this one time. It's not like I bought a used copy which is actively fucking developers. I rented the game through an authorized retailer that is allocated a specific amount of copies by ND themselves.

Off to enjoy the game. Can't wait to dig in!

God I love Naughty Dog.

You should have bought a digital copy off PSN you asshole

who here is a kid? and the game is normally 13-17 hours, not 10. besides that there is also the excellent multiplayer.

though i wouldnt expect many of you spineless/skill-less "gamers" to actually have a competitive streak.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Times have changed, and we are no longer kids.

I'm not saying he can't do it. People have every right to use gamefly, redbox, whatever. But you're not rewarding the people who made a brilliant game, and that's a shame.

You wanna pay a few bucks to "rent" a game, cool I guess. I'm just not going to feel bad when you get screwed.

Dick. Wait...Thinks back to Team America. Dicks are ok, you're just an asshole. :P

Dick. Wait...Thinks back to Team America. Dicks are ok, you're just an asshole. :P

Lol I'm a nice guy usually. I just want good games to be bought!!

I am more inclined to say that underrated good games need to be bought more often as they need everything that can get. A game that is going to be a success no matter how you slice it doesn't really damage anything by having people renting it.

This is what happens when the market is priced like it is. Everyone can't afford to get all the $60 games they want, so they leave 10 hour games to the rental box.

I am more inclined to say that underrated good games need to be bought more often as they need everything that can get. A game that is going to be a success no matter how you slice it doesn't really damage anything by having people renting it.

I dunno, success is too broad and subjective (somehow) of a term anymore for me to be OK with that strategy. It's too risky.

Times have changed, and we are no longer kids.

I'm not saying he can't do it. People have every right to use gamefly, redbox, whatever. But you're not rewarding the people who made a brilliant game, and that's a shame.

You wanna pay a few bucks to "rent" a game, cool I guess. I'm just not going to feel bad when you get screwed.

"Brilliant" game is your opinion though...I'm getting a PS3 next month but I'm not planning on buying on renting it. Different people have to decide where there money is going to go, and the value of purchasing vs. renting is different for others. Are you really saying, in adulthood, you have never rented or borrowed a game? With how many games I have rented, you'll probably think I am Adolf Hitler. :lol:

"Brilliant" game is your opinion though...I'm getting a PS3 next month but I'm not planning on buying on renting it. Different people have to decide where there money is going to go, and the value of purchasing vs. renting is different for others. Are you really saying, in adulthood, you have never rented or borrowed a game? With how many games I have rented, you'll probably think I am Adolf Hitler. :lol:

The whole typed words do not convey tone thing has probably made my posts seem like the stuff of a crazy person. I meant only to pass along my enthusiasm for the game, a general dislike of renting games, especially when they are games that deserve to be played. Last of Us may well be looked at as the best single player game of this generation by many, Naughty Dog has essentially hit it out of the park with four games in a row, and I like to see them supported. That's all.

If I speak totally candidly, no I don't think renting games is in actuality a particularly bad thing. Publishers must make something off of it or I guess they'd never allow their games to be a part of such services. I think buying the game "used" at gamestop for five bucks cheaper is a much more harmful thing, and I think if people understood that in that case they really are kind of screwing over the company who is providing them an experience, people would man up and shell out a few more dollars to give ND or whoever it may be their support. Maybe that's too idealistic of me, but I'd like to think so.

The whole typed words do not convey tone thing has probably made my posts seem like the stuff of a crazy person. I meant only to pass along my enthusiasm for the game, a general dislike of renting games, especially when they are games that deserve to be played. Last of Us may well be looked at as the best single player game of this generation by many, Naughty Dog has essentially hit it out of the park with four games in a row, and I like to see them supported. That's all.

If I speak totally candidly, no I don't think renting games is in actuality a particularly bad thing. Publishers must make something off of it or I guess they'd never allow their games to be a part of such services. I think buying the game "used" at gamestop for five bucks cheaper is a much more harmful thing, and I think if people understood that in that case they really are kind of screwing over the company who is providing them an experience, people would man up and shell out a few more dollars to give ND or whoever it may be their support. Maybe that's too idealistic of me, but I'd like to think so.

Yes, but for some, it is a game, not stealing money from poor Haitians, and in a way, you are trying to say that if renting was gone, all those people would buy the game. I think most people are like me in that they rent a game, if it they really like it or it has a lot of replay value, they will buy it. Kind of like a "full" demo. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from though.

Yes, but for some, it is a game, not stealing money from poor Haitians, and in a way, you are trying to say that if renting was gone, all those people would buy the game. I think most people are like me in that they rent a game, if it they really like it or it has a lot of replay value, they will buy it. Kind of like a "full" demo. Don't get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from though.

Umm, I dunno. Like I say I don't really have a particular issue with renting. I rented when I was younger and didn't have the money to shell out on all the games I wanted to play. Without renting, I wouldn't have experienced a lot of games that kind of shaped my gaming taste, and I probably supported the industry in ways I wouldn't have without renting. I just mean to say, in this particular case, BUY The Last of Us. It's worth it.

Before I bought TLOU, I asked he GameStop employee if they had a used copy :P

Why, so you can pay $3 less for a copy with permanent stickers stuck all over it?

Seriously, why does anybody still go to Gamestop? That store hasn't been good since it was called Babbages, Electronics Boutique and Funcoland back in the day. You know, when there was actual competition in the video game stores and they actually carried interesting rare, used stuff and things you can't pay less for to show up on your front doorstep on release day lol.