Do you think Theresa Caputo is the real deal?

400 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't want this to be so much about whether what she DOES or her claimed ability is a real thing (mediumship/talking to the dead) cause that's another discussion that's been done on another board.

But I just meant Theresa herself. Of course if you don't believe what she claims to do is even possible, then I understand that your answer will be no.

For those who have different/more open beliefs... what do you you think of Theresa HERSELF. If she the real deal or a charlatan?

If you don't know her by name, she's "Long Island Medium"

TheresaCaputo.jpg

***NO OHIOGUY ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD***

Posted

Oh no, I'm sure she thinks what she's doing is real. Just like Bernie Madoff thought he was offering a solid investment.

Posted

I tried to be really neutral with my op but honestly I'll just explain my agenda....

I'm genuinely curious to see if anybody other than ohioguy believes in her. Not in a condescending way. I'm really wondering who might like her around here. She has a lot of fans and stays on the air for a reason.

Posted

She has a lot of fans because there are people who want to buy what she's selling even if it isn't real. Losing someone is hard and it's appealing to hear that you can still communicate with your dead relatives. Just like people wanted to believe Bernie Madoff because a sure thing investment that has incredible returns is something everyone would love to have. However it just isn't real.

Posted

Yeah but I highly doubt many people are consciously thinking "I don't really believe this is possible, but damn I'm so heartbroken and overcome with grief that I'm just gonna believe what she says to feel better". I'm not saying no one has thought this when it comes to her.... everyone grieves differently. Some people very well may think that. But the point is, people do believe her for reasons they feel to be genuine. Either they believe in her herself, or in "mediumship" in general.. I'm just curious to see who the local d1p fans are of THERESA herself.

I just watched an episode where someone said "I never believed in mediums, and I'm still not sure if I do. But I believe in Theresa. I believe that she is real. I'm not sure about others".

Posted

Yeah but I highly doubt many people are consciously thinking "I don't really believe this is possible, but damn I'm so heartbroken and overcome with grief that I'm just gonna believe what she says to feel better". I'm not saying no one has thought this when it comes to her.... everyone grieves differently. Some people very well may think that. But the point is, people do believe her for reasons they feel to be genuine. Either they believe in her herself, or in "mediumship" in general.. I'm just curious to see who the local d1p fans are of THERESA herself.

I just watched an episode where someone said "I never believed in mediums, and I'm still not sure if I do. But I believe in Theresa. I believe that she is real. I'm not sure about others".

Absolutely no one says or thinks that, they're not consciously aware of it. It's called exploitation. There's a hole in people's lives and she makes money filling it with bullshit.

Posted

Absolutely no one says or thinks that, they're not consciously aware of it. It's called exploitation. There's a hole in people's lives and she makes money filling it with bullshit.

yeah so we agree..... no one in consciously thinking that :P. we both said the same thing.

I agree with everything you are saying. She's a sociopath who has found herself a successful way to fulfill her sociopath desires. Just like all people... some sociopaths are dumb, and some are stupid as hell. She's found herself a very clever way to gain the power, recognition, and money she seeks. Clever in that she knows what she claims to do can not be concretely proven or disproved, and therefore neither can she. So while she is aware she has "skeptics", that's fine because her pawns to success are those vulnerable people with a void that she takes advantage of. She's not even human imo and should be exiled.

Posted

but I know everyone on d1p is ~oh so smart~ and would never ever be ignorant enough to take this girl seriously!! z0mg!!! ya'll are too educated and cool and stuff.

i already know all the responses that will come from that type. I'm just wondering if anyone here believes (besides ohioguy since we know he does and he's just a giant troll anyway). Someone has to, like I said, she's got fans. Are any here besides ohioguy? pm me if you dont wanna talk here and be attacked by all the z0mg intellectual superiors.

Posted

Hell no she's fake as fuck

Posted

why are you centering your text?

Posted

No

thank you for the well thought out contribution. unlike your incessantly negative responses, this one actually adds some value to the discussion. some. barely. but still, better than what you usually have to say.

Posted

but I know everyone on d1p is ~oh so smart~ and would never ever be ignorant enough to take this girl seriously!! z0mg!!! ya'll are too educated and cool and stuff.

i already know all the responses that will come from that type. I'm just wondering if anyone here believes (besides ohioguy since we know he does and he's just a giant troll anyway). Someone has to, like I said, she's got fans. Are any here besides ohioguy? pm me if you dont wanna talk here and be attacked by all the z0mg intellectual superiors.

It's not our fault we don't believe supernatural bullshit.

Posted

negative

Posted

It's not our fault we don't believe supernatural bullshit.

That's fine.

I just mean it's annoying when people act like they are some kind of better person for not believing in that kind of thing.

which a lot of people around here act like :Blart:

Posted

the more I think about it, Im going to have to say no here

Posted

the more I think about it, Im going to have to say no here

you already stated your position :Blart:

Posted

I know, I just dont get it though.....Im going back and forth on the subject...maybe yes is my answer

Posted

That's fine.

I just mean it's annoying when people act like they are some kind of better person for not believing in that kind of thing.

which a lot of people around here act like :Blart:

Well it makes you smarter, that's for sure.

Posted

No, I think people like that are manipulative sacks of shit who exploit grieving and gullible people for their money.

Posted

ok im changing my answer back to no

Posted

If you rule out that all of her guests on the show are in on it, or giving them information before in this mass conspiracy, (very personal information mind you) then I absolutely think she does have soemthing. I don't know the magnitude of what she's got. I believe in con artists for this type of things all over, but from many people who have visited psychics swear by their legitimacy. The last show I watched Sunday she asked about this "plaque" that the lady had in her bedroom commemorating the death of her daughter. If the lady didn't tell Theresa that plaque was in there before the show, how do you explain it? Again, if you rule out mass conspiracies of guests all being paid off, (which is absurd) then you have to think maybe she's got a gift. What that gift truly is, Im' not sure, but all I know is that she gives people comfort and peace after their sessions with her. The thing that astounds is her popularity. I think the waiting list is 3+ years and continues to never diminish. I think she's a great person.

Posted

It's not absurd at all to believe that Theresa gets fed info beforehand. She absolutely does.