Do you think Theresa Caputo is the real deal?

• Please log in to reply
399 replies to this topic

#1 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

I don't want this to be so much about whether what she DOES or her claimed ability is a real thing (mediumship/talking to the dead) cause that's another discussion that's been done on another board.

But I just meant Theresa herself. Of course if you don't believe what she claims to do is even possible, then I understand that your answer will be no.

For those who have different/more open beliefs... what do you you think of Theresa HERSELF. If she the real deal or a charlatan?

If you don't know her by name, she's "Long Island Medium"

Posted Image

***NO OHIOGUY ALLOWED IN THIS THREAD***

#2 Lucian04

Lucian04

#CLASSY

• 56,930 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

http://www.dayonepat...iew__getnewpost
Xboner Motto: Just sit farther from your TV.
AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0ghz, 8GB RAM, Radeon 290, Windows 7 64-bit
Posted Image

#3 run32.dll

run32.dll

President of MRUDOP #60PFPS

• 4,297 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Oh no, I'm sure she thinks what she's doing is real. Just like Bernie Madoff thought he was offering a solid investment.

#4 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

I tried to be really neutral with my op but honestly I'll just explain my agenda....

I'm genuinely curious to see if anybody other than ohioguy believes in her. Not in a condescending way. I'm really wondering who might like her around here. She has a lot of fans and stays on the air for a reason.

#5 run32.dll

run32.dll

• 4,297 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

She has a lot of fans because there are people who want to buy what she's selling even if it isn't real. Losing someone is hard and it's appealing to hear that you can still communicate with your dead relatives. Just like people wanted to believe Bernie Madoff because a sure thing investment that has incredible returns is something everyone would love to have. However it just isn't real.

#6 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yeah but I highly doubt many people are consciously thinking "I don't really believe this is possible, but damn I'm so heartbroken and overcome with grief that I'm just gonna believe what she says to feel better". I'm not saying no one has thought this when it comes to her.... everyone grieves differently. Some people very well may think that. But the point is, people do believe her for reasons they feel to be genuine. Either they believe in her herself, or in "mediumship" in general.. I'm just curious to see who the local d1p fans are of THERESA herself.

I just watched an episode where someone said "I never believed in mediums, and I'm still not sure if I do. But I believe in Theresa. I believe that she is real. I'm not sure about others".

#7 run32.dll

run32.dll

• 4,297 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postkittykat, on 21 May 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

Yeah but I highly doubt many people are consciously thinking "I don't really believe this is possible, but damn I'm so heartbroken and overcome with grief that I'm just gonna believe what she says to feel better". I'm not saying no one has thought this when it comes to her.... everyone grieves differently. Some people very well may think that. But the point is, people do believe her for reasons they feel to be genuine. Either they believe in her herself, or in "mediumship" in general.. I'm just curious to see who the local d1p fans are of THERESA herself.

I just watched an episode where someone said "I never believed in mediums, and I'm still not sure if I do. But I believe in Theresa. I believe that she is real. I'm not sure about others".

Absolutely no one says or thinks that, they're not consciously aware of it. It's called exploitation. There's a hole in people's lives and she makes money filling it with bullshit.

#8 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

View Postrun32.dll, on 21 May 2013 - 12:54 AM, said:

Absolutely no one says or thinks that, they're not consciously aware of it. It's called exploitation. There's a hole in people's lives and she makes money filling it with bullshit.

yeah so we agree..... no one in consciously thinking that :P. we both said the same thing.

I agree with everything you are saying. She's a sociopath who has found herself a successful way to fulfill her sociopath desires. Just like all people... some sociopaths are dumb, and some are stupid as hell. She's found herself a very clever way to gain the power, recognition, and money she seeks. Clever in that she knows what she claims to do can not be concretely proven or disproved, and therefore neither can she. So while she is aware she has "skeptics", that's fine because her pawns to success are those vulnerable people with a void that she takes advantage of. She's not even human imo and should be exiled.

#9 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

but I know everyone on d1p is ~oh so smart~ and would never ever be ignorant enough to take this girl seriously!! z0mg!!! ya'll are too educated and cool and stuff.

i already know all the responses that will come from that type. I'm just wondering if anyone here believes (besides ohioguy since we know he does and he's just a giant troll anyway). Someone has to, like I said, she's got fans. Are any here besides ohioguy? pm me if you dont wanna talk here and be attacked by all the z0mg intellectual superiors.

#10 johnny

johnny

Internet Tough Guy

• 42,936 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

Hell no she's fake as fuck

And no, I won't stop eating beef. Cows were literally made to be eaten, fuck them. - Fizzzzle

#11 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

why are you centering your text?

#12 Dodger

Dodger

D1Pshit

• 23,392 posts
  • LocationUpland, CA

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

No
Posted Image

#13 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:26 AM

View PostDodger, on 21 May 2013 - 01:21 AM, said:

No

thank you for the well thought out contribution. unlike your incessantly negative responses, this one actually adds some value to the discussion. some. barely. but still, better than what you usually have to say.

#14 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 15,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

View Postkittykat, on 21 May 2013 - 01:08 AM, said:

but I know everyone on d1p is ~oh so smart~ and would never ever be ignorant enough to take this girl seriously!! z0mg!!! ya'll are too educated and cool and stuff.

i already know all the responses that will come from that type. I'm just wondering if anyone here believes (besides ohioguy since we know he does and he's just a giant troll anyway). Someone has to, like I said, she's got fans. Are any here besides ohioguy? pm me if you dont wanna talk here and be attacked by all the z0mg intellectual superiors.

It's not our fault we don't believe supernatural bullshit.
Posted Image
Ammomule! Keep your ammo cold, and your bacon hot!

#15 DGH

DGH

Keyboard Cowboy

• 16,241 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

negative
3770k / 16GB DDR3 / SLI Titans

"Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.” ― Niccolò Machiavelli

#16 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostScape Zero, on 21 May 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

It's not our fault we don't believe supernatural bullshit.

That's fine.

I just mean it's annoying when people act like they are some kind of better person for not believing in that kind of thing.

which a lot of people around here act like :Blart:

#17 DGH

DGH

Keyboard Cowboy

• 16,241 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

the more I think about it, Im going to have to say no here

"Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good.” ― Niccolò Machiavelli

#18 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

View PostDGH, on 21 May 2013 - 01:45 AM, said:

the more I think about it, Im going to have to say no here

you already stated your position :Blart:

#19 DGH

DGH

Keyboard Cowboy

• 16,241 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

I know, I just dont get it though.....Im going back and forth on the subject...maybe yes is my answer

#20 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 15,182 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

View Postkittykat, on 21 May 2013 - 01:43 AM, said:

That's fine.

I just mean it's annoying when people act like they are some kind of better person for not believing in that kind of thing.

which a lot of people around here act like :Blart:

Well it makes you smarter, that's for sure.
Posted Image
Ammomule! Keep your ammo cold, and your bacon hot!

#21 CastlevaniaNut18

CastlevaniaNut18

FLYIN' ACE

• 21,333 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

No, I think people like that are manipulative sacks of shit who exploit grieving and gullible people for their money.
Retro game and hardware collector
My collection: https://spreadsheets...N0E&hl=en&gid=0
PC specs: AMD HD6970 2GB/16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM/AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0ghz
ASUS Crosshair V AM3+ AMD 990FX/Crucial M4 64GB SSD/WD 1TB HDD/WD 320GB HDD
Antec 1200 V3/Corsair HX750 750W Modular PSU

#22 DGH

DGH

Keyboard Cowboy

• 16,241 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

ok im changing my answer back to no

#23 Ominous

Ominous

Master Baiter

• 21,035 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

@ohioguy24 does

Twitch Game Streaming
PC: i7 4770k @ 4.5 GHZ // 16GB DDR3 2400 // 2x 2GB 680 GTX
HTPC: i7 2600k @ 4.2GHZ // 8GB DDR3 1600 // 1GB 460 GTX  

#24 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

If you rule out that all of her guests on the show are in on it, or giving them information before in this mass conspiracy, (very personal information mind you) then I absolutely think she does have soemthing. I don't know the magnitude of what she's got.  I believe in con artists for this type of things all over, but from many people who have visited psychics swear by their legitimacy. The last show I watched Sunday she asked about this "plaque" that the lady had in her bedroom commemorating the death of her daughter. If the lady didn't tell Theresa that plaque was in there before the show, how do you explain it? Again, if you rule out mass conspiracies of guests all being paid off, (which is absurd) then you have to think maybe she's got a gift. What that gift truly is, Im' not sure, but all I know is that she gives people comfort and peace after their sessions with her. The thing that astounds is her popularity. I think the waiting list is 3+ years and continues to never diminish. I think she's a great person.
God makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. Atheism does not.  
Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could.
God is not the problem. God is the answer to the problem.

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened."
- Jesus (Matthew 24:21-22)

#25 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

It's not absurd at all to believe that Theresa gets fed info beforehand. She absolutely does.

#26 Lucian04

Lucian04

#CLASSY

• 56,930 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

View Postohioguy24, on 21 May 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

If you rule out that all of her guests on the show are in on it, or giving them information before in this mass conspiracy, (very personal information mind you) then I absolutely think she does have soemthing. I don't know the magnitude of what she's got.  I believe in con artists for this type of things all over, but from many people who have visited psychics swear by their legitimacy. The last show I watched Sunday she asked about this "plaque" that the lady had in her bedroom commemorating the death of her daughter. If the lady didn't tell Theresa that plaque was in there before the show, how do you explain it? Again, if you rule out mass conspiracies of guests all being paid off, (which is absurd) then you have to think maybe she's got a gift. What that gift truly is, Im' not sure, but all I know is that she gives people comfort and peace after their sessions with her. The thing that astounds is her popularity. I think the waiting list is 3+ years and continues to never diminish. I think she's a great person.

Ad Populum

Appeal to Ignorance

Bandwagon

Confirmation Bias
Posted Image

#27 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

View Postkittykat, on 21 May 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

It's not absurd at all to believe that Theresa gets fed info beforehand. She absolutely does.

I don't buy it. I really don't think she has the time or the effort to go trying to find information about people and having it all staged before each show. People would call her out. She's again challenged skeptics at random and says bring it on. Again, people want confirmation, and she does come up with things that only the decased loved one and the person alive would know. Not everyone lies kitty, and not everything is a conspiracy.  I thoguht about getting in line. I'd keep something to myself (that only I would know) and see if she brings it up in a reading.

"For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened."

#28 Lucian04

Lucian04

#CLASSY

• 56,930 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

Appeal to Ignorance
Posted Image

#29 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

unless you're the people getting the readings and KNOW everyone lies and have evidence for the fact, then you need to STFU because you don't know. Let me have my opinion for once instead of trolling me every single fucking time I make a post.

#30 run32.dll

run32.dll

• 4,297 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

View Postohioguy24, on 21 May 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

I guarantee you the producers of the show or one of their assistants interviewed the person before she went on the show. They're not going to let some person with a boring story waste their time while they're paying for the talent (Theresa) and the crew to be there to shoot. It is entirely believable that they documented the interview while screening her to make sure she would be interesting enough to have on the show and then fed the information to Theresa.

#31 kittykat

kittykat

idk

• 15,333 posts
  • LocationCanaduh

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:14 AM

The only way I'd believe her is if I encountered her and kept my mouth shut and let HER do the talking. For someone who can talk to the dead, she sure has to ask their living loved ones a lot of questions to figure stuff out.

#32 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

@run32.dll

interviewing is fine. But you can't google mementos that are locked in a closet or something hiding under their blouse or in their pocket. Again, I don't buy it. I dont' think everyone out there is lying who goes on the show and says "tell theresa to ask me this"  Again, she asks for your name and birthday when you walk in her house. I see genuine people with real emotion.  Usually people who are BS'in like that are caught eventually.

#33 gamer.tv

gamer.tv

This is your life...

• 17,295 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

View Postohioguy24, on 21 May 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

unless you're the people getting the readings and KNOW everyone lies and have evidence for the fact, then you need to STFU because you don't know. Let me have my opinion for once instead of trolling me every single fucking time I make a post.

I think it's strange not to be skeptical and if you present an opinion it's going to be challenged. Deal with it. For me, she could be legitimate but as it's a 50/50 chance of her being real or fake, until she can prove she's the real deal (with scientific testing) then she's a bullshitter until that point.

...and it's ending one minute at a time.

#34 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

@kittykat
this is a fine attitude to have kitty. But don't rule her out until you have a reading yourself. My wife and I are going to a respected psychic in Toledo. My friend from work (who didn't buy anything into pyschics ever) went to him and came out a believer. She only went because of her daughter got it, just as something to do. She was struggling with the death of her father.  This woman is a straight shooter and wouldn't BS me, she said go, you'll be amazed.

#35 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 38,298 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postgamer.tv, on 21 May 2013 - 11:17 AM, said:

I think it's strange not to be skeptical and if you present an opinion it's going to be challenged. Deal with it. For me, she could be legitimate but as it's a 50/50 chance of her being real or fake, until she can prove she's the real deal (with scientific testing) then she's a bullshitter until that point.

it's totally fine to be skeptical. I'm saying, get a reading yourself, then you can be confident you were right, Or Wrong of course.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users