Here is the trailer for Skyrim to sucker you all into playing it again

CitizenVectron

I think MMO trailers are trash. They’re always the farthest thing from representing what you actually do in those games, and the gap between reality and the trailer makes playing those types of games all the more boring to me. 

That being said I would love for this thread to turn into people’s favorite game trailers ever...

1 hour ago, Paperclyp said:

They’re always the farthest thing from representing what you actually do in those games

Yeah. But they are fucking awesome and hype as fuck. And at least FFXIV can get as visually intense in game, despite just doing your rotation and moving out of AoEs. I love MMO trailers. No other trailers can compete, not even gameplay trailers. Gameplay trailers are almost always just as bad at showing you what the actual gameplay is like and they aren't even hype. 

Also, fuck everyone for there not being actual movies that are like the trailers I posted. Fuck the people will one day attempt it and will fail so fucking hard because they just make a regular movie in "realistic" cg and no one goes to see it because general audiences are shit. 

I mean, the Skyrim trailer is also total bullshit. Actually playing Skyrim and its god awful gameplay is just a tedious chore. It's so aggressively bad at being a fun video game. It relies entirely on having a world filled to the brim with tons of meaningless-but-mildly-entertaining things to find. And the combat is either you being a melee dude using the awful and limp-wristed melee combat where nothing reacts to anything to chip away at an HP bar for 10 minutes, or you sneaking around as an OP archer to one-shot everything. The story is awful, cliche and is the most generic "You become the master/leader of every organization on the continent" nonsense. So the gameplay is bad, the story is bad, the characters are bad, the acting is bad, what's left? Exploration, I guess. They did that pretty well.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Yeah. But they are fucking awesome and hype as fuck. And at least FFXIV and get as visually intense in game, despite just doing your rotation and moving out of AoEs. I love MMO trailers. No other trailers can compete, not even gameplay trailers. Gameplay trailers are almost always just as bad at showing you what the actual gameplay is like and they aren't even hype. 

I am probably bitter because I watched an elder scrolls online trailer once without realizing what I was watching, and then when I figured it out I was very annoyed lol. 

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

I mean, the Skyrim trailer is also total bullshit. Actually playing Skyrim and its god awful gameplay is just a tedious chore. It's so aggressively bad at being a fun video game. It relies entirely on having a world filled to the brim with tons of meaningless-but-mildly-entertaining things to find. And the combat is either you being a melee dude using the awful and limp-wristed melee combat where nothing reacts to anything to chip away at an HP bar for 10 minutes, or you sneaking around as an OP archer to one-shot everything. The story is awful, cliche and is the most generic "You become the master/leader of every organization on the continent" nonsense. So the gameplay is bad, the story is bad, the characters are bad, the acting is bad, what's left? Exploration, I guess. They did that pretty well.

Is there a Bethesda RPG that you like? Genuinely curious. 

6 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

I am probably bitter because I watched an elder scrolls online trailer once without realizing what I was watching, and then when I figured it out I was very annoyed lol. 

Is there a Bethesda RPG that you like? Genuinely curious. 

As soon as they make a good game there will be.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Bacon said:

Skyrim is a trap. You'll spend hours installing the perfect mods and then quit the game again after clearing Bleak Falls Barrow for the one millionth time. 

The trick, as I have learned, is to completely ignore the story. No story means no shitty dragons, no shitty shouts, and more fun. I don't even go to BFB.