• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
kaberle

The D1P gym. (NSFW)

2,964 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

I'm not talking about Arnold. I was just trying to explain why people love Arnold.

That modern day bodybuilders have massive legs relative to their body is a separate issue even if Arnold had small legs. 

And whatever the reason for the fat man turtle gut, it looks awful and should be an instant disqualification  And it isn't exactly a rare occurrence.

This is perfect aesthetics.an-interview-with-serge-nubret_12.jpg  This looks like some mutant fat turtle. hqdefault.jpg

Bodybuilding is abiout size and symmetry, not looks. 

10 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

To each their own :sun:

Which is why the fans prefer mass monsters ;)

37 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

The perfection of the male body:

MPMETSVtqGI.jpg

Swoon

its not fair, he gets perfection I'm stuck looking horrid.

3 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Swoon

its not fair, he gets perfection I'm stuck looking horrid.

Those genes are one in a billion. 

Just now, apoc81 said:

Those genes are one in a billion. 

I can still whine!

2 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

You're good at it. :lol:

Hey, I have to be stuck in this body, Heath gets perfect genes. Share the damn wealth.

39 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Hey, I have to be stuck in this body, Heath gets perfect genes. Share the damn wealth.

hey, I get it, but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, apoc81 said:

MPMETSVtqGI.jpg

That was before hes started looking like this

ronnie-coleman-big-gut-300x205.jpg

5 hours ago, apoc81 said:

Bodybuilding is abiout size and symmetry, not looks. 

How does the symmetry of the distended gut scored?  If you get that perfectly ideal sphere is it bonus points?

3 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

How does the symmetry of the distended gut scored?  If you get that perfectly ideal sphere is it bonus points?

You took an out of context picture of a bodybuilder preparing a pose, pushing his gut out, just before bringing back in to its normal size, to complete the pose in question. You simply don't understand bodybuilding, that much is obvious. 

9 minutes ago, Air_Delivery said:

Holding a pose is hard work and you routinely need a deep breath to set the stage. 

again physique and classic physique exists, and nobody cares. I'm only doing classic cause I'm not good enough for open.

43 minutes ago, apoc81 said:

You took an out of context picture of a bodybuilder preparing a pose, pushing his gut out, just before bringing back in to its normal size, to complete the pose in question. You simply don't understand bodybuilding, that much is obvious. 

ronnie-coleman-growth-hormone-gut.jpg 

I understand that I've never seen a Golden Age bodybuilder look like that regardless of context. And what is there to understand? That thing looks like a freak show regardless of explaining. I have to admit that gut is a near sphere. Dat symmatry.

Bodybuilding is about freakish looks.

you know what you've never seen in golden era physiques? Symmetry and mass.

ronnie>>>>all

You want pretty go to a physique show, gods knows it needs the fans. ;)

39 minutes ago, kaberle said:

Bodybuilding is about freakish looks.

you know what you've never seen in golden era physiques? Symmetry and mass.

ronnie>>>>all

You want pretty go to a physique show, gods knows it needs the fans. ;)

I actually find that lot of non-gym types often don't have a well defined view of bodybuilding in general, I think a lot of people think its just guys getting biceps and a six pack.

7 minutes ago, ApatheticSarcasm said:

I actually find that lot of non-gym types often don't have a well defined view of bodybuilding in general, I think a lot of people think its just guys getting biceps and a six pack.

This is very true, only Bodybuilders seem to really get it. Even other gym goers have a paltry understanding in most cases.

4 hours ago, apoc81 said:

MPMETSVtqGI.jpg

To each his own. I think this looks absurd and would be concerned about the long-term consequences of trying to keep up a physique like that. 

Just now, Paperclyp said:

To each his own. I think this looks absurd and would be concerned about the long-term consequences of trying to keep up a physique like that. 

I mean they have an off season, Phil Heath doesn't walk around like that all the time. Its like with MMA fighters, some of them compete in the weight class closest to their natural weight but a lot of them either cut down or bulk up to the weight class they want to fight in.

9 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

This is a look that Bodybuilders have maybe five times a year, at best. Lol st the heart concerns too.

12 minutes ago, kaberle said:

This is a look that Bodybuilders have maybe five times a year, at best. Lol st the heart concerns too.

Five times a year, 365 days a year, kind of irrelevant. 

I'm not sure what all goes into looking like that, and I'm sure people reach that point using a variety of techniques. But i would doubt a whole lot of long term research has gone into the consequences (or lack thereof) of a lifestyle like this. The exercise doesn't concern me. It's what you put in your body and the quantities of it. 

5 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Five times a year, 365 days a year, kind of irrelevant. 

I'm not sure what all goes into looking like that, and I'm sure people reach that point using a variety of techniques. But i would doubt a whole lot of long term research has gone into the consequences (or lack thereof) of a lifestyle like this. The exercise doesn't concern me. It's what you put in your body and the quantities of it. 

As in that look causes damage primarily due to the dieurtics required to get that dry. The biggest issue comes from that and then guys who mix rock star abs bodybuilding lifestyles.

The average American is far more unhealthy and at far greater risk than your average bodybuilder so it's a non starter. As it stands right now there are a few things that we know are correlated to anabolics, but not as much as is commonly believed. Further, still our choice to take that risk, and the bodybuilding lifestyle is significantly healthier than the opposite.

8 minutes ago, kaberle said:

As in that look causes damage primarily due to the dieurtics required to get that dry. The biggest issue comes from that and then guys who mix rock star abs bodybuilding lifestyles.

The average American is far more unhealthy and at far greater risk than your average bodybuilder so it's a non starter. As it stands right now there are a few things that we know are correlated to anabolics, but not as much as is commonly believed. Further, still our choice to take that risk, and the bodybuilding lifestyle is significantly healthier than the opposite.

I think maybe guys like Rich Piana though are what Paperclyp is envisioning, I remember the time he tried to add an ungodly amount of mass by upping whatever gear he was on to do it.

34 minutes ago, kaberle said:

I never said a person doesn't have that choice. People are free to do as they want. I was giving my personal take on the look, and I am not the average American health-wise, so it's not a non-starter for me. Bodybuilding is certainly low on the list of health risks to America lol.