• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $740 (as of 07 January)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • Jason

Missing icons.   12/27/2016

Unfortunately, we lost a bunch of user icons due to the data loss a few days ago—but we didn't intentionally remove any so if yours is gone please feel free to just set it back.   -Jason
kaberle

The D1P gym. (NSFW)

2,582 posts in this topic

Since we've now hijacked two threads to talk about our daily gym/fitness progress, I am creating a thread for that purpose, if it becomes my own personal progress thread so be it. Slight shoulder pain with my anterior deltoid, taking tomorrow off from the gym, well, maybe I'll hit some legs and bis, to let it heal up. Holding at 255, not sure on BF% but I'd guess 13-17%. 25 more lbs to go, no way I am pulling that off before I get to Baltimore though so I will revise that down to 260-265 and that should, hopefully, give me enough size to start a slight cut on. Chest just hit 51 inches too.

As soon as tomorrow is over with it can be the start of when I can destroy my body without being worried about a rugby match cropping up. So I'm quite excited for that. Not to mention I'm back at uni on Monday so can go to my gym again, then I just need to find somewhere in the Isle of Man.

Struggling to maintain progress in my lifting schedule since adding 3 days/wk of interval hill sprints into my programming - Boston Tough Mudder in a little over a month, and I need to step up my VO2 max.

Continuing to steadily shed bodyfat - not as quickly as I'd like, but I've managed to avoid losing LBM, so I'm content for now. Adjusted diet to a modified CBL, which seems to be working well: resistance training in the evenings, followed by a nice carb binge, has me sleeping like a baby and waking up ready to go.

Cool. This is our new home for progress :hug:

I'm currently cutting to get my body fat down to 10%. I am IF to see if I can reach my goals in about 4 weeks. So far I am down to 169lbs from 171 a week ago. I still feel strong as I have been lifting the same amount from when I was weighing 173-175lbs. Judging from my pictures it showing a little bit. It feels like I am definitely having changes in my back fat area. I checked my BF a couple of days a go and I was reading at 13.2-13.6% Gonna check every Wednesday for progress.

Just curious what gyms does everyone at D1P go to if you do attend a gym? I go to LA Fitness. Seems like everyone I know has 24 hours.

I go to the one on campus since it's cheap and generally not too full unless you got after 5. Fucking loved today, eating food in prep for tomorrow (I know I don't really need to, but it's nice to kid myself), then I get to enjoy a good rugby match to see who's the best team on my island (if we win it means domestic trophies for our 1st and 2nds and our 1sts have been promoted) then I can focus on shifting body fat.

I wish my gym was 24 hours, but it's way better than the local 24 hour gyms and it's close to my apartment.

I'm starting more of a cross fit style workout after a marathon a week from tomorrow, I might track myself here.

I'm attempting to get back at it this week again...

Anyone else just constantly run into roadblocks? Brutal. Everytime I manage to get going it only holds for a month or so and something comes up. Sick, injury, something. This time it's shin splints, which are brutal.

Really need to drop some pounds, like... 40, lol. I think I'm going to switch my membership from Goodlife to YMCA this week as well. For the same price I lose sauna and 24 hour access but gain a full basketball court, swimming, and a track and it's on the way to work.

I'm working out primarily at home (another round of Body Beast), although I'm at the gym 3x/week with abbreviated 5x3 core lifts to preserve strength in the squat, deadlift, press, and bench (and occasionally some shrugs and pendlay rows, depending on how I'm feeling at the time).

Rugby season is over so I don't need to worry about dying every Saturday for at least 4 months so I can start running and weight training again. So excited since it's been a long season of maintaining and not being able to really progress.

I have been working out now two weeks and I have lost 5 pounds so far. I workout at home. I have a treadmill, an elliptical and a row machine. I usually row for 30-40 minutes in the morning. After work I run for about 30-40 minutes. I do light weight lifting to tone and Zumba.

I use jawbone wristband to track my activities, steps and diet. I eat anywhere from 900-1100 calories a day. I keep carbs at 70-100% daily (not afraid of carbs, I just don't over do them and mostly have them in the am). I overdo in protein. I have learned how to cook healthy stuff and I do use protein shake. I actually have two different brands and one does have 0 carbs (I use that for evening).

I workout 6 days a week, twice a day. I usually take Sundays off.

My suggestion would be eat a bit more, that much activity with that little caloric intake doesn't seem sustainable over the long term.

Today I ate terrible, healthy food but not nearly enough. Maybe 2k at most, blah,.

Just curious what gyms does everyone at D1P go to if you do attend a gym? I go to LA Fitness. Seems like everyone I know has 24 hours.

I have a spare room in my house that became my gym. Here's what it consists of:

Powertec Full Rack system also with leg curl/leg extension accessory not pictured

powertec-power-rack_zps88e479c5.jpg

Troy VTX Shrug/trap/deadlift bar- This bar REALLY helped me build up strength and size while doing deadlifts.

aot-56_zpsa6cd3762.jpg

Bodylastics 262lb resistance bands

51xtomecKL_zps23a409b0.jpg

Troy VTX 300lb weight set

Troy_GOSS300V_Weight_Set.jpg

I have a spare room in my house that became my gym. Here's what it consists of:

Powertec Full Rack system also with leg curl/leg extension accessory not pictured

powertec-power-rack_zps88e479c5.jpg

Troy VTX Shrug/trap/deadlift bar- This bar REALLY helped me build up strength and size while doing deadlifts.

aot-56_zpsa6cd3762.jpg

Bodylastics 262lb resistance bands

51xtomecKL_zps23a409b0.jpg

Troy VTX 300lb weight set

Troy_GOSS300V_Weight_Set.jpg

jelly

My suggestion would be eat a bit more, that much activity with that little caloric intake doesn't seem sustainable over the long term.

Today I ate terrible, healthy food but not nearly enough. Maybe 2k at most, blah,.

I added this to my diet to gain few more calories without adding the carbs:

file_55_4.jpg

Do you have any suggestions/workouts for me to focus on my tighs? That's my problem area.

I added this to my diet to gain few more calories without adding the carbs:

file_55_4.jpg

Do you have any suggestions/workouts for me to focus on my tighs? That's my problem area.

Define problem. But, squats, goblet squats, leg presses and Romanian deadlifts should be a staple in any leg routine, with only the load, duration and intensity being changed based on goals. Calorically wise,I am not sure how tall you are but, just by looking at your pics I'd assume you need double what you're eating, especially with your activity factor.

Define problem. But, squats, goblet squats, leg presses and Romanian deadlifts should be a staple in any leg routine, with only the load, duration and intensity being changed based on goals. Calorically wise,I am not sure how tall you are but, just by looking at your pics I'd assume you need double what you're eating, especially with your activity factor.

Problem as in that's where I pack most of my weight. I'm 5'3".

I've been working out lately though diet ends up crap on weekends so no real progress. Need to get the diet better on weekends.

Problem as in that's where I pack most of my weight. I'm 5'3".

At 5'3 I would still say you need nearly double what you're consuming. If you're trying to drop fat, what are you doing now?

At 5'3 I would still say you need nearly double what you're consuming. If you're trying to drop fat, what are you doing now?

I'm trying to drop fat... Then I want to work on getting toned.

What are you doing, routine wise, to facilitate that?

Brisk walk/run combo 2 - 3 miles a day, row and dance. Also few workouts using 3 lbs weights. I have Insanity and use the pure cardio workout twice a week (those days I do not row).

EDIT: After my rest day I do 4-5 miles instead of 2-3 miles.

So, LSD cardio at moderate intensity is the primacy. If you were my client, I'd put you on a total body routine 3x a week, assuming you have access to the gym obviously, with HIIT and other high intensity VO2 increasing workouts throughout the week.

So, LSD cardio at moderate intensity is the primacy. If you were my client, I'd put you on a total body routine 3x a week, assuming you have access to the gym obviously, with HIIT and other high intensity VO2 increasing workouts throughout the week.

That totally went over my head. I don't speak this language. Can you explain more? You can PM me.