The Arctic is on fire, and you can see it from space

https://news.vice.com/en_us/article/mb4gyb/photos-wildfires-in-sweden-in-the-arctic-circle-seen-from-satellites-in-space

The wildfires started in early June, and more than 50 have now cropped up in parts of Sweden inside the Arctic Circle, according to the European Space Agency, which has kept tabs on the situation with satellites from space. Sweden doesn’t often have to deal with fires, but so far the blazes have swallowed up $70 million worth of land, according to Swedish news agency TT. The country has asked for help from Norway and Italy, which sent along helicopters and planes to help contain the flames, according to the New York Times.

UK's turned brown in the past two months:

At least 74 killed in wildfires in Greece.

The worst wildfire to hit Greece in over a decade tore through a small resort town near Athens on Monday afternoon, killing at least 74 people, injuring almost 200 and forcing hundreds more to rush on to beaches and into the sea as the blaze devoured houses and cars.  Huge, fast-moving flames trapped families with children as they tried to flee from Mati, 18 miles (29km) east of the Greek capital. Among the dead were 26 people whose bodies were found huddled tightly together close to the beach, a Red Cross official said on Tuesday morning.

1 hour ago, SFLUFAN said:

At least 74 killed in wildfires in Greece.

The worst wildfire to hit Greece in over a decade tore through a small resort town near Athens on Monday afternoon, killing at least 74 people, injuring almost 200 and forcing hundreds more to rush on to beaches and into the sea as the blaze devoured houses and cars.  Huge, fast-moving flames trapped families with children as they tried to flee from Mati, 18 miles (29km) east of the Greek capital. Among the dead were 26 people whose bodies were found huddled tightly together close to the beach, a Red Cross official said on Tuesday morning.

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

Every time I see a graph like this I am reminded of a gif posted here years ago that was animated and on each individual dip on the higher end mockingly declared, "Recovery!".

It's such a perfect summary of how deniers refuse to see the big picture because, ya know, one day during last winter was cold enough to snow.

4 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Every time I see a graph like this I am reminded of a gif posted here years ago that was animated and on each individual dip on the higher end mockingly declared, "Recovery!".

It's such a perfect summary of how deniers refuse to see the big picture because, ya know, one day during last winter was cold enough to snow.

Reminds me of this:

Escalator500.gif