Fantasy Island

It's co-written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, who gave us such cinematic treasures as Cry Wolf, Never Back Down, Kick-Ass 2, True Memoirs of an International Assassin, and Truth or Dare. Never Back Down and Kick-Ass 2 were solid enough, the other 3 movies are outright garbage so I woudn't expect much from this unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Greatoneshere said:

It's co-written and directed by Jeff Wadlow, who gave us such cinematic treasures as Cry Wolf, Never Back Down, Kick-Ass 2, True Memoirs of an International Assassin, and Truth or Dare. Never Back Down and Kick-Ass 2 were solid enough, the other 3 movies are outright garbage so I woudn't expect much from this unfortunately. 

believe me my expectations are not very high

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Greatoneshere said:

Was it on par with Never Back Down and Kick-Ass 2, or worse?

Never saw Never Back Down and I can't remember anything about KA2 other than hating Jim big time. Don't get me wrong, Fantasy Island is definitely not what you'd call a good movie, but I still managed to enjoy it. Like I said, I went in with almost no expectations of it being a good movie and managed to enjoy it, but then I often enjoy cheesy horror flicks. And as a fan of the original show I did appreciate the subtle nods to the original. 

• Thanks 1