- - - - -

What is the secret to making shots in the 3pt contest for NBA 2k13?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hiawa23

hiawa23
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

The worst $4.99 ever spent.  NBA 2k13 is fantastic as a game, but this Allstar DLC sucks.  It should have been on the disc.  I could not make many shots in the 3pt contest & the way the slam dunk contest is setup sucks.  Can someone share with me the secret to making shots in the 3pt contest?  The controls seem off or a lag or not responsive or something..
Posted Image

#2 jergrah

jergrah
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Only suggestion I can make is keep playing and you'll find the rhythm. Grabbing the ball off the rack is the part that screws it up and makes it feel laggy. If you get that down the rest will follow, still a pretty shitty mode.

I got it for free since I preordered from Amazon - glad I didn't buy it as DLC.
Posted Image

#3 hiawa23

hiawa23
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

yeah, grabbing the ball off the rack throws you off, but I remember this being much easier, smoother in other bball games, & handled much better.  So there is no secret to releasing the shot which determines if you make the shot or not?
Posted Image

#4 hiawa23

hiawa23
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

I give up, this is horrible...
Posted Image

#5 Rbk_3

Rbk_3
  • 11,494 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Pop in Live 05 if you want all star mode haha
Posted Image

#6 jergrah

jergrah
  • 11,107 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Too late now that you gave up, but the timing seemed to me to be player specific.  Even using legends with high 3 point percentage, like Mark Price v Larry Bird.  The rhythm/timing for Bird's release to be successful was different than that of Price.

But after I "won" the tourney a couple of times I quit playing it because it sucks even after you get used to it.

I also sold the entire game on Glyde just last week.  It's still good, but it hasnt felt fresh in years (to me) and Im burnt out on it.  I should re-purchase NBA Live 10 and manually update the rosters, that game was by  no means perfect but it was a lot of fun.
Posted Image

#7 hiawa23

hiawa23
  • 4,192 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

jergraph, yeah I figured the player specific timing thing out, but I have not liked NBA Live since 1998 before we got the Dreamcast so that is no option.  No big deal.  The game is fantastic, I have always enjoyed dunk contests, & shootout in the games, I just expected more from this series since they have delivered for me since 1999.  Thanks!
Posted Image

#8 madmankevin

madmankevin

Ms Lippy's Car Is Green

• 11,840 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Are you staying behind the three point line?  I kept getting 2 pointers until I realized the mistake I was making.
Posted Image

"Sometimes when I wipe, I'll wipe, and I'll wipe, and I'll wipe, and I'll wipe...  A hundred times.  Still poop.  Still poop.  It's like I'm wiping a marker or something."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users