- - - - -

I need help with Planetside 2 ASAP (problem)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:16 PM

As of today I can't play PS2. What happens is the game starts up to the mini-window thing, and I press PLAY. Then it goes to the loading screen and stays at 98% for a while. During this, my CPU spikes every 1 second, causing my mouse to freeze for a few milliseconds (and sound). It also drops my internet connection. As soon as I ctrl-alt-del and end the game process my internet is magically connected again and my CPU goes back to normal.

If I manage to somehow get to the main menu of the game (where I choose my character) then it is ok (for only that screen). As soon as I select my character and join the game, it does the CPU thing again, and disconnects from the internet again, and remains this way until I end the process.

MY CPU and GPUs remain between 40-50C during this process, and my CPU remains at 0% with spikes up to 50% every 1 second. It's driving me mad and I can't find anyone else online with the same issue, and it only started today!

Please Obi-Wan Kenobi, Day One Patch, you're my only hope!

#2 Edgekun

Edgekun

Grandmaster Non-Contributor

• 9,445 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

did you try uninstalling and reinstalling?
Posted Image

#3 KellExile

KellExile

Your former Nigglesmckraken

• Administrator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

That seems really strange. It might be worth reinstalling to see if there was some misapplied patch or something that's causing the issue.
MinnesotaFatz: I'd imagine a bj from a gay man would be rather glorious if I didn't know a man was slurping my schlong.
Fizzzzle: I don't know, for some reason I just always assumed that you're single and work 80 hour weeks and live in a relatively sparse apartment. D1P is how you channel creative energy that is repressed through your work.
Streamako: I will be on top of you by PS4.
Kyio: I cant figure this stupid shaft out

Posted Image

#4 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

There's been no patch though.

This is making me mad because I have boosters running that cost me money.

I'd like to avoid reinstalling because then I have to re-dwonload the entire game which will take all day. Is there any way to reinstall without re-downloading everything?

#5 Demut

Demut

デムト

• 15,525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

Why ASAP? Are you in a hurry to play Planetside 2?
“Quiet now, no more stupid hodoring. NO HODORING!”

#6 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

Yes, I only have a few days off and I don't want to spend them with a paid XP booster running ($5 wasted) and not being able to play.

All my drivers are up to date, and every time I have to crash it, it gives me a different error. G12 one time (character error), G4 another time (video card error - but I have the most recent drivers), and g99 error (which doesn't exist, according to SOE).

#7 Demut

Demut

デムト

• 15,525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hm, that sucks. What do we learn from that? Don’t purchase XP boosters.

#8 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Well since station cash was 3x on Friday I bought some since I want to support the devs for making a good game. What you said is silly because it's like saying "paying for a game is stupid because it might stop working and you've wasted your money."

#9 GeneticBlueprint

GeneticBlueprint
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:02 PM

Yeah you always gotta drop a little cash somewhere for a F2P game. Check out the PC gaming wiki. It's a little sparse for PS2 right now, but maybe something here will help out.

http://pcgamingwiki.....28Windows_8.29

Posted from mobile

#10 Moa

Moa
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

You could try emailing them about your problem maybe they will give you the wasted xp boosters, most mmos have a lenient policy to keep their customers happy.
User was banned for this post.

#11 Demut

Demut

デムト

• 15,525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostRileyLewis, on 23 December 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Well since station cash was 3x on Friday I bought some since I want to support the devs for making a good game. What you said is silly because it's like saying "paying for a game is stupid because it might stop working and you've wasted your money."
Well, there is a difference. The game is required to play the game (duh), the XP boost isn’t. Oh and I wouldn’t have harpened on you like that had you bought a permanent item :P

#12 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

I've put in a support ticket for the game, but I don't expect any reply for probably more than a week. I've tried port forwarding, driver updates, everything. Nothing works. It pisses me off because I rarely find a game that keeps me interested after 20 or 30 hours and this is definitely it, and now this happens. It's something to do with connecting to their servers since the entire issues happens at both the 98% loading of the game (which is when it connects) and also when I try to actually connect to Mattheson server, and also because it stops my entire internet connection while attempting to start (which I've never seen before). At the same time, it also causes my entire system to freeze every 1-2 seconds and has massive CPU spikes. The only reason that would normally happen is because of heat issues (which is not present) or malware, which I've scanned for and come up empty. All drivers are up to date, my system is only 8 months old, and the game has run perfectly for 60 hours so far. So I don't get it at all, and it's the worst time for it to happen, precisely when I have the time to play.

If my past experience with game support is any indication, I won't ever be able to fix it, and I'll probably have to fight for a refund on all the SC points I bought.

#13 Edgekun

Edgekun

Grandmaster Non-Contributor

• 9,445 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

so you could sit there and do nothing, or you could... reinstall the game
Posted Image

#14 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:00 PM