- - - - -

WarZ artists plagiarized The Walking Dead (copy and pasted and just photoshopped)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,844 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

LOL, that close up of the woman is literally a mirror with light photoshopping. The blood on her shirt is even dead on "copy paste". Wow!

The brownish/orangish tinted image is a "WarZ promo"

Posted Image
System 1: Liquid Cooled i7 / GTX 780 / 9GB RAM/4TB
System2: 3.1 Ghz 945 / OC GTX 460 / 4GB RAM/1TB
Clemson: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Etc.

#2 Higgs1

Higgs1
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

:lol:
λ KCCO
Posted Image

#3 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 23,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Some of those arent so obvious, but the one with the woman is fucking dead on, they literally mirrored it. I mean you can even see that it is the exact same person with some slight photoshopping.
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#4 Sabre20000

Sabre20000

That's it! I'm out!

• 5,844 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostLionFranco, on 19 December 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Some of those arent so obvious, but the one with the woman is fucking dead on, they literally mirrored it. I mean you can even see that it is the exact same person with some slight photoshopping.

These guys are already in trouble with the community...it could get worse.

Posted Image
System 1: Liquid Cooled i7 / GTX 780 / 9GB RAM/4TB
System2: 3.1 Ghz 945 / OC GTX 460 / 4GB RAM/1TB
Clemson: Football, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Etc.

#5 kairotic

kairotic

SELLING FREE SHIT FOR $50!

• 2,581 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

#6 Galacticus

Galacticus

I liked PC Gaming before it was cool.

• 3,445 posts
  • LocationTethys

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

bahahhahaha, this game is so fucked.
Posted Image

#7 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 23,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostGalacticus, on 19 December 2012 - 06:11 PM, said:

bahahhahaha, this game is so fucked.

Damn...they just need to scrap this, and run away with their tails between their legs...after giving everyone their money back...but you know that wont happen...

PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,

#8 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

I AM THE LAW

• 7,883 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 rc0101

rc0101
  • 9,615 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Gotta admit that's pretty bad lol

#10 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:29 PM

I think some of these are kinda grasping, but that girl and that guy with a hole in his chest are straight ripped.

And I dont think they are just photoshopped, they looked like they just used them as reference pictures and traced them.

However, now you see people are just looking to bash this game.  How fucking long did they need to crawl through photos to find this?  Half those pictures are of people who went to those zombie gatherings.  Oh well, guess that just means the game sucks, because a good developer would never let something like this happen.
Posted Image
Ammomule! Keep your ammo cold, and your bacon hot!

#11 PròfPlum

PròfPlum
  • 2,292 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Steam ID:ProfPlum

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

Whats up with the woman with the backpack in the background just walking by casually?  "Yup, zombies. Oh well, off to work."

#12 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 23,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Okay Scape, I understand that you like this game, but your defense of this game is just bordering on sad at this point. I mean, they literally ripped the girl from the photo, mirrored her, and added their orange filter. You can even clearly tell that she is actually a real person compared to some of what they show behind her, not even any kind of artistic modification there.

I mean, i just dont think that slapping a coat of zombie paint on a carbon copy of their previous game is reallly going to win them many popularity contests. And sure the extra press may actually help them in the short term, but any future projects they may have in mind are likely in jeopardy because of this entire debacle.

#13 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

View PostPròfPlum, on 19 December 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

Posted Image

Whats up with the woman with the backpack in the background just walking by casually?  "Yup, zombies. Oh well, off to work."

Because its one of those zombie gatherings

View PostLionFranco, on 19 December 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Okay Scape, I understand that you like this game, but your defense of this game is just bordering on sad at this point. I mean, they literally ripped the girl from the photo, mirrored her, and added their orange filter. You can even clearly tell that she is actually a real person compared to some of what they show behind her, not even any kind of artistic modification there.

I mean, i just dont think that slapping a coat of zombie paint on a carbon copy of their previous game is reallly going to win them many popularity contests. And sure the extra press may actually help them in the short term, but any future projects they may have in mind are likely in jeopardy because of this entire debacle.

Well I would be upset that they would steal other peoples work, if you know, this image was actually used on their website, facebook, twitter or in game, but the sad fact of the reality is it isnt.

Its an old promo picture.  Its people looking for reasons to get people to hate the game.  Go ahead, peruse their site, their facebook, play the game, its not a picture they are using.  Shit like this happens, either someone at Hammerpoint/Arktos saw that the artist stole peoples work, or they just never used it.  Its an old picture they dont use.  What can I be upset about?  Once upon a time someone who made promo art stole shit, then they never used the picture?

Edit: And no, its not a picture with an orange tint over it.  Actually look at the two pictures.  There is differences in them.  Whoever made that, took that picture, mirrored, and then put a layer under it, made it transparent, and painted the one you see in the WarZ picture.  The bloods different, the hairs different, textures on the face are different.  Its clear that they flat out used that picture, but its still drawn like the rest of them.
Posted Image

#14 Galacticus

Galacticus

• 3,445 posts
  • LocationTethys

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Stolen from other thread.

Posted Image

#15 kairotic

kairotic

SELLING FREE SHIT FOR $50!

• 2,581 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostGalacticus, on 19 December 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

Stolen from other thread.

OMG this is fucking epic!

#16 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 23,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

View PostScape Zero, on 19 December 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

Edit: And no, its not a picture with an orange tint over it.  Actually look at the two pictures.  There is differences in them.  Whoever made that, took that picture, mirrored, and then put a layer under it, made it transparent, and painted the one you see in the WarZ picture.  The bloods different, the hairs different, textures on the face are different.  Its clear that they flat out used that picture, but its still drawn like the rest of them.

Not even, there is clear detail in that picture that was not drawn in. Come on, why are you even trying to convince anyone else? Or are you just trying that hard to convince yourself?

Seriously.

#17 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

View PostLionFranco, on 19 December 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Not even, there is clear detail in that picture that was not drawn in. Come on, why are you even trying to convince anyone else? Or are you just trying that hard to convince yourself?

Seriously.

Because Im looking at the picture!  Its clear it was drawn with a paintbrush in a program.  Im not denying it was stolen art, but at the same time, its not just an orange filter.  It doesnt explain why the blood is in the same pattern, year so clearly different.  It doesnt explain the brush strokes.  It doesnt explain the drastically different hair.  It doesnt explain the differences in the jackets texture.  It doesnt explain the differences in the eyes.  Fuck, you have to be blind to not see that it was used as a reference picture.  I used to do shit like this all the time when learning photoshop, or making vector art of posters, and shit like that.  The same errors I would have in my pictures, are the same ones here.
Posted Image

#18 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 23,797 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

There are NO brush strokes on the "art" of that woman, all except the fewest minor differences can be attributed to the flow of the clothing and shadows upon it that make you think that there are brush strokes.

If you are an artist you have to be blind not to be able to see that.

And i can clearly see that you are going to defend this to the bloody end (no pun intended), so i'm just going to remove myself from this argument, as it will go nowhere since you can see nothing but your blind defense of the devs/artist/whatever.

#19 KeeptheChange

KeeptheChange
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

This is starting to get pretty hilarious, I should probably get a refund before they are broke.

#20 TheGreatPotato

TheGreatPotato
  • Newly Registered
  • 12,839 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

View Postprojectmayhem, on 19 December 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

I honestly can say this is the hardest I've laughed at a thing like this (the gif). I kept thinking "there's no way it's going to get even bigger....IT DID!"

BRAVO!

#21 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostLionFranco, on 19 December 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

There are NO brush strokes on the "art" of that woman, all except the fewest minor differences can be attributed to the flow of the clothing and shadows upon it that make you think that there are brush strokes.

If you are an artist you have to be blind not to be able to see that.

And i can clearly see that you are going to defend this to the bloody end (no pun intended), so i'm just going to remove myself from this argument, as it will go nowhere since you can see nothing but your blind defense of the devs/artist/whatever.

My god...Here is some old vector I did of Serj from SOAD.

Original:

Posted Image

My shit vector:

Posted Image

Notice how god damn EVERYTHING is in the same pattern, yet still looks WAY different?  Thats because its not a filter, I made vectors of everything matching the outline using the photo as a reference.  Thats the SAME thing whoever made this picture did, yet used a Wacom tablet and a brush.  Its the ONLY explanation for the HUGE differences in the details on these pictures.

And there is most CERTAINLY brush strokes on that picture.  Not real ones, no, because it was used with the brush feature in Photoshop or Gimp.  But you can see it in the jacket, you can see it in the hair, you can see it in the blood.
Posted Image

#22 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Heres another:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The errors in these pictures are the very same in that WarZ picture.  Its due to it NOT being a filter, yet being used as a reference.
Posted Image

#23 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

I AM THE LAW

• 7,883 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

Scape, just stop :facepalm:
Posted Image

#24 Sakito

Sakito
  • Newly Registered
  • 349 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I knew going into this thread, the only person to defend this crap would be Scape, and he did not let me down.

Like I said, when you see someone like this, it makes taking their opinion seriously on anything impossible. They'll just defend ANYTHING.

#25 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

View PostSakito, on 19 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

I knew going into this thread, the only person to defend this crap would be Scape, and he did not let me down.

Like I said, when you see someone like this, it makes taking their opinion seriously on anything impossible. They'll just defend ANYTHING.

What the fuck am I defending here?

I dont approve of them stealing other peoples work or images, however, its not in game, its not on their site, and its not on their facebook.  They dont use the picture for anything.  Should I stop playing the game for a picture that isnt used?  Should I stop playing Borderlands 2 because an artist did the same thing?  Should I never buy another Gearbox game because of it?

Im not "defending" them because people cant see that its quite obviously not a photo in that picture.  Calling it a drawing isnt defending anything, its an observation.  Its not an approval of stealing a persons image without consent, its just not a fucking photograph.  My pointing out all the huge differences isnt "defending" them.  Its showing you how you are fucking blind.

Sorry I just dont see this as a huge issue.  They dont use the picture.  They havent used it in months.  Seriously, explain to me why this is a problem today.
Posted Image

#26 Link200

Link200
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostScape Zero, on 19 December 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

I think some of these are kinda grasping, but that girl and that guy with a hole in his chest are straight ripped.

And I dont think they are just photoshopped, they looked like they just used them as reference pictures and traced them.

However, now you see people are just looking to bash this game.  How fucking long did they need to crawl through photos to find this?  Half those pictures are of people who went to those zombie gatherings.  Oh well, guess that just means the game sucks, because a good developer would never let something like this happen.

No one said other people didn't make copies of things. The problem is that this WarZ team is making one mistake after another and in the end cast blame on their customers. The game may end up being great, but I don't want to support these people with the attitude they have.
Posted Image

#27 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostLink200, on 19 December 2012 - 08:16 PM, said:

No one said other people didn't make copies of things. The problem is that this WarZ team is making one mistake after another and in the end cast blame on their customers. The game may end up being great, but I don't want to support these people with the attitude they have.

Thats cool, I have no problems that people dont want to play or buy the game.

I have problems with people who never played it, and never wanted to play it, actively trying to shutdown the game me and hundreds of thousands of other people enjoy.  In the end, shit like this is making my experience worse.  Its ruined 2 forums about the game, and it might lead to shit like class action lawsuits which will shutdown the game.
Posted Image

#28 LMN8R

LMN8R
  • 9,160 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Xbox Live:dLMN8R
  • PSN ID:dLMN8R
  • NIntendo ID:Lammy
  • 3DS FC:0576-4298-6518
  • Steam ID:LMN8R

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

You realize that Randy Pitchford owned up to fact that an artist working for him made a profound mistake, and set things right with the artist, right?

I can't even begin to fathom a similar situation happening here.

#29 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:23 PM

View PostLMN8R, on 19 December 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

You realize that Randy Pitchford owned up to fact that an artist working for him made a profound mistake, and set things right with the artist, right?

I can't even begin to fathom a similar situation happening here.

Yes, I know, but thats because it was brought to his attention by the artist himself.

How many people here knew that they used those images for that picture until today?  Why is it unreasonable that the guys at Hammerpoint didnt know that work was plagiarized, yet perfectly fine that Pitchford didnt?  Sergey can come out and say "We fired the guy, we dont want to be known for this kind of thing." and then you would just say "Hes just covering his ass".

Hammerpoint is just in a situation that they can not win.  No matter what they do, everyone who hates it, will just keep hating it.  They add in content, and the response is "Doesnt matter, still a scam", they fix their mistakes "Doesnt matter, they are just covering their ass".  They cant win.  Why even bring up that Pitchford owned up to it, when you wont let Sergey get away with doing the same thing?  I think thats what pisses me off the most out of this situation.  The people who never played it, or played it briefly and got refunds, who will not stop until the game gets shutdown, no matter what they do.
Posted Image

#30 projectmayhem

projectmayhem

I AM THE LAW

• 7,883 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

They created this entire mess themselves, if the game gets shut down, the fault is theirs and theirs alone.
Posted Image

#31 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postprojectmayhem, on 19 December 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

They created this entire mess themselves, if the game gets shut down, the fault is theirs and theirs alone.

Thats the thing.  Its not really a mess.  They spilled a quarter cup of milk on the table, and everyones acting like they blew the fridge up with c4.  Then raped a nun.
Posted Image

#32 SilverShadow

SilverShadow

The Blood Dragon

• 28,573 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostScape Zero, on 19 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

Thats the thing.  Its not really a mess.  They spilled a quarter cup of milk on the table, and everyones acting like they blew the fridge up with c4.  Then raped a nun.

I hear that's what the game director does on a weekly basis.
http://www.last.fm/user/Hydro-Thunder

PC: i5-3570K 8GB 660Ti 1TB
Laptop: i7-4700MQ 12GB 765m 750GB

#33 Scape Zero

Scape Zero

LEGO!

• 16,361 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

View PostSilverShadow, on 19 December 2012 - 09:31 PM, said:

I hear that's what the game director does on a weekly basis.

Daily.
Posted Image

#34 GROCERIES

GROCERIES

The Coolest Fuck in the World

• 5,712 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:22 AM

23 guests viewing this thread. WHAT THE FUCK IS GOIN ON, FELLAS?

#35 Galacticus

Galacticus

• 3,445 posts
  • LocationTethys

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:23 AM

I forgot that WarZ existed, my world is better off this way.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users