Sign in to follow this  
Lucian04

Fuck UPlay! **Update.. Fuck UBI, I fixed it myself**

Downloaded Far Cry 3 on Steam

Installed Far Cry 3

Installed UPlay

Logged into UPlay account

Registered Far Cry 3 to UPlay account

Played Far Cry 3 all fine and dandy for an approximate 5 hours between two days.

Tried to play Far Cry 3 yesterday. Nothing but various error codes and CTD's after the 1.02 update (for some reason the registry read 1.03).

Tried to play Far Cry 3 today and the same issue..

Tried to play Far Cry 3 offline without UPlay.. Same issue.

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Far Cry 3 and UPlay.. UPlay servers are down, cannot synchronize game with account.

me-gusta-no-me-gusta.png

This... This is not PC gaming.. This shit is UBI being a bunch of no nonsense fuck twats who have their heads up their mother fucking asses!

Yup its seriously a shit situation Ubi has created with Uplay. But then again they are masters of defecating on their customer base aren't they?

My issues are...

1. Game wont launch without hanging unless I alt/tab to my desktop while its loading. If I dotn it locks up.

2. Evey time after this the game is in windowed mode instead of fullscreeen. Oddly all my other video settings remain.

3. Someone on the steam forums said run the game directly from uplay. But Uplay doesn't know I own the game unless I launch from Steam.

4. If I take the serial from steam and register in uplay it says its already in use EVEN THOUGH IM LOGGED IN AS THE SAME FUCKING USER AS WHEN I LAUNCHED UPLAY THROUGH STEAM.

5. Uplay brakes Big Screen mode. But I already experienced this in the past with the Assassin Creed games.

The worst part about it.. It only, ONLY hurts the legit customers like you and I. Pirates are all laughing it up as they enjoy their DRM free copies.

The worst part about it.. It only, ONLY hurts the legit customers like you and I. Pirates are all laughing it up as they enjoy their DRM free copies.

Yup, at this point I may just buy the game, and download a pirated non uplay copy.

Yup, at this point I may just buy the game, and download a pirated non uplay copy.

If this doesn't get fixed by tomorrow afternoon, that is exactly what I'm doing. I didn't pay $60 to get fucking shit on. I paid $60 to play one of the better open world fps games to release since Stalker.

If this doesn't get fixed by tomorrow afternoon, that is exactly what I'm doing. I didn't pay $60 to get fucking shit on. I paid $60 to play one of the better open world fps games to release since Stalker.

Im still pissed, my modular power source was supposed to be delivered today. Its after 5pm, and no delivery yet....

"But you'll lose all those great U-points". Said no one ever.

That's my standard Ubisoft policy for PC games.

But if they don't stop this bullshit soon I might change that in an unfavorable to them way.

Yeah Uplay is the main reason I didn't buy FarCry 3 yet. Force you to use it, force a retarded username on users of it, and once you've redeemed a key through them, you lose it if you try to delete your account and sign up with a new username.

Oh well. Me not buying FC3 is $60 I can use for something else.

I'm having other issues with Windows 8 (like GTA IV or EFLC not working at all.), I think I'm going to take advantage of this dilemma and pop in my SSD + Reinstall Windows 7 since I know I won't have any issues with that (barring Far Cry 3).

the same could be said of console gamers. :lol:

except console still requires Uplay.

Nice try though,

Not for the single player. You don't even have to be connected to the net to play the campaign.

Not for the single player. You don't even have to be connected to the net to play the campaign.

Neither for the PC version (You can set Uplay to offline mode). The current UPlay issue is due to a botched patch for Steam purchasers (36MB instead of 200+MB) causing the game to crash upon launch. Uplay fails to correctly update the game. As far as online goes, every version goes through UPlay and when UPlay is down, you can't play online. Well, PC can with Hamachi, but that goes without saying.

except console still requires Uplay.

Nice try though,

Uplay is integrated into the game on consoles. you can boot up the game and just play it and totally ignore or not even realize there is anything uplay related in the game. (assuming you only play the campaign)

Corrected for accuracy

Oh please, there are other compatibility issues you can have on PC that don't exist on consoles. UBI games are certainly not alone.

Oh please, there are other compatibility issues you can have on PC that don't exist on consoles. UBI games are certainly not alone.

And there are issues on console games that do not exist on PC. So what's your point? Just trying to start shit? That seems to be your thing.

If I'd known about uplay before I pre-ordered FC3, I might not have.

And there are issues on console games that do not exist on PC. So what's your point? Just trying to start shit? That seems to be your thing.

If you guys want to argue a lot of games run like shit on the PS3 then go for it. I'll agree with you all day long.