Tokyo Vice: Season 2 (HBO) - Official Trailer

I'd fallen behind on this season and finally caught up - man this season is really firing on all cylinders, first eight episodes of ten have been excellent.

Edit: It was also nice that we've finally come back to the two years later opening flashforward from the pilot episode of season 1 where Ken Watanabe and Jake talk to Tozawa's second in command in that hotel high rise place. I was worried the show would never get to that point so that we could enter truly uncharted territory story-wise but episode 8 finally caught up to the Michael Mann-directed pilot. It will be interested to see where things go from here.

One more episode to go. Last night's was really amping up the tension and it was nice to have Sato, Jake, Misaki, and Samantha all in a room at the same time. Looking forward to the season finale and to see whether it ends the show or remains open enough for a potential season 3.

1 minute ago, Greatoneshere said:

One more episode to go. Last night's was really amping up the tension and it was nice to have Sato, Jake, Misaki, and Samantha all in a room at the same time. Looking forward to the season finale and to see whether it ends the show or remains open enough for a potential season 3.

While practically all of the multiple plot threads are coming together, I simply can't fathom how they could be resolved satisfactorily within the confines of a single episode.

• True 1

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

While practically all of the multiple plot threads are coming together, I simply can't fathom how they could be resolved satisfactorily within the confines of a single episode.

Yeah, definitely not everything. Maybe the Tozawa stuff but they definitely can't wrap up Jake's time at the Meicho or Sato's rise in the yakuza or Samantha's messed up life back home with creating a business in Tokyo now. 

That was a great season finale! Everyone is great on the show but the actor playing Tozawa fucking killed it in this episode. They do wrap up and "soft" end a number of plotlines but it's pretty clear the show wants to do another season, which I hope they get. Really well done stuff, and ended on a great and funny note with the meditation scene. We also finally found out who sent Jake that tape in season one. The real Jake Adelstein who wrote the book this is based on has written a couple of other books about Japan and crime, etc. so they do have more stories to tell if they get a chance to.

Well, I'll be damned!  They actually did manage to wrap it up satisfactorily! :clap: 

If this season finale does turn out to be the series finale, then I'd say that I'd be totally fine with that and not feel like I'd been cheated from seeing the resolution of this story arc!

• Halal 2

• 2 weeks later...