who is picking up Ring Fit Adventure tomorrow?

EternallDarkness

gave it a quick test drive, playing through the first...level? 3 sections with a boss fight. I have to say it's pretty cool, and it'll definitely be more of a workout than things like Wii Fit. Not a ton of exercises (attacks) available at the start, squats (hate squats, lol), some overhead ring squeeze thing, yoga chair pose (again working those thighs), and one other I can't recall. The 'running' is pretty accurate with you needing to high step to go up stairways. The only thing that doesn't seem all that accurate is the heart rate monitor thingie. After a battle you can check your heart rate by placing you thumb on the IR plate on the control, but it's way off. My heart rate isn't 53 when I'm at rest never mind after doing some exercises, lol. This will definitely be a fun way to kill 30-60 minutes a day. 

• Like 1

Yeah, at this point I’m waiting for either this game to flop (and I can maybe grab the kit at a good discount) or for it to be a big success and they announce that other Ring games are coming. I would feel a bit silly to drop $80 on this game when there’s a good chance it wouldn’t hold my interest for more than a week. 

2 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, at this point I’m waiting for either this game to flop (and I can maybe grab the kit at a good discount) or for it to be a big success and they announce that other Ring games are coming. I would feel a bit silly to drop $80 on this game when there’s a good chance it wouldn’t hold my interest for more than a week. 

can't say if it will hold your interest or not, but I can definitely say I've spent more on games I've played less, lol. As for it flopping, while it's still too early to say I kind of doubt it will despite Nintendo's serious lack of any advertising. I noticed that most of the BB in my are only have a few left in stock and checking twitter it seems a ton of people are loving it and many people are complaining they can't find it because it's sold out where they are. Of course who knows how many Nintendo shipped. Also I'd like to see the ring used as a control for other games. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Slug said:

@EternallDarkness How's it holding up?  Recommend?

well I actually had to order a second copy because my nephews have stolen mine! lol But I was enjoying it until they stole it. They really like the mini games, which I must admit some of them were pretty dang cool. I think the only one I didn't like was the crazy sculpture one where you use the ring, squeezing and moving it up and down to try and mimic a shape as if you are using a pottery wheel kind of thing. 

10 hours ago, EternallDarkness said:

well I actually had to order a second copy because my nephews have stolen mine! lol But I was enjoying it until they stole it. They really like the mini games, which I must admit some of them were pretty dang cool. I think the only one I didn't like was the crazy sculpture one where you use the ring, squeezing and moving it up and down to try and mimic a shape as if you are using a pottery wheel kind of thing. 

Can we co-op?