Arrow: 8th and final season [open spoilers]

Jason

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Holy SHIT! 

Reveal hidden contents

DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

EDIT: Fucking Luthor :lol: Jon Cryer is KILLING it as Lex.

On the other hand they snapped Oli out of it REALLY fast. 

But yeah, Cryer is great. Just salty they fucked up getting Rosenbaum. :(

7 hours ago, Jason said:

On the other hand they snapped Oli out of it REALLY fast. 

But yeah, Cryer is great. Just salty they fucked up getting Rosenbaum. :(

It’s funny that Welling is much bigger than Cryer for when he got decked :p

I’m hoping there’s another Welling cameo though it seems unlikely. Alas. 

On 12/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, skillzdadirecta said:

I have it recorded so I'll check it out. I'm still all about Warner's just giving the Arrowverse producers the budgets to do these shows on the scale they deserve. These two parts of this crossover are so well done for longtime comic readers like me and are so different in tone from what Marvel has done. The Arrowverse shows are comic shows that KNOW they are comic book shows and don't even try to convey "reality". That's what DC has always done and why they were so different from Marvel. Both approaches have their place and it's been DC's strength and they should play into that.

As much as I didn't like Superman Returns, I loved Brandon Routh's return as the character and him becoming "Kingdom Come" Superman was awesome. It was also cool to see that basically Christopher Reeves' Superman (Who Brandon Routh Basically is playing) continues to live on. So great. And the quick cameo of the Titans from the DC app show was cool too. WB, if they wanted, could do a big screen crisis where they have cameos from EVERY live action version of their heroes if they wanted and it would EASILY eclipse what marvel was able to accomplish with their Infinity Saga. They have plenty of storylines to pull from to do it.

I wish they had dwelled a little longer on the moment that Routh first appeared in his costume and the classic theme started playing before Lex made his entrance.

As a kid of the 80's that was probably my favorite bit of fan service so far. Just such an iconic theme.

1 hour ago, Kal-El814 said:

It’s funny that Welling is much bigger than Cryer for when he got decked :p

I’m hoping there’s another Welling cameo though it seems unlikely. Alas. 

To use a phrase from my childhood, man Welling is built like a brick shithouse nowadays. Honestly, I am not a huge fan of the new actor they got to play Superman. He doesn't have that classic old time Hollywood look that is so recognizable as Superman. It doesn't help to put him alongside Welling and Routh who not only do have that look, but absolutely dwarf the guy.

It's impressive how, for the most part, the Arrowverse shows have played Ray as such a light hearted, fun, and kind of clumsy character that you mostly forget the guy is pretty huge.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching Arrow when I was at university (which is horrifically long ago now) and really enjoyed it, but I'm very used to the British model of television (maybe 6 episodes, each quite long) and just couldn't be bothered with a season having 20+ episodes, each lasting nearly an hour. That's been pretty much the killer for all of the DC based television programmes for me.

This crossover set up what should be DC's TV and movie strategy moving forward. It's all connected but not stringently so. I really enjoyed this crossover and think if DC/Warners plays this right, they could REALLY start to rival Disney/Marvel. A lot of big consequences moving forward for the Arrowverse shows that came out of the crossover. I dug it a lot. Very fun.

43 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This crossover set up what should be DC's TV and movie strategy moving forward. It's all connected but not stringently so. I really enjoyed this crossover and think if DC/Warners plays this right, they could REALLY start to rival Disney/Marvel. A lot of big consequences moving forward for the Arrowverse shows that came out of the crossover. I dug it a lot. Very fun.

Yeah, I'm excited for what they've set up, but the crossover itself was kinda underwhelming. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...