Disney+ OT

Looking forward to rewatching Darkwing Duck!

https://www.newsweek.com/disney-plus-everything-coming-launch-movies-shows-1465076

On Monday, the Disney+ Twitter account began sharing a list of the content that will be available on the platform at launch. Disney says that by the one-year mark, Disney+ will house more than 7,500 episodes of television and more than 500 movies, so, understandably, the list on Twitter is non-exhaustive. However, the highlights include everything from The Avengers movies to every episode of The Simpsons, by way of Pixar's Moana and The Sound of Music. (Hands up if you're excited for every episode of the classic X-Men animated cartoon.)

https://screenrant.com/disney-plus-movies-tv-shows-launch-everything/

4 hours ago, Emblazon said:

Have they said what content will be available in 4K? And will they also include Dolby Atmos & Vision?

We do know that they're supporting Dolby Vision / Atmos, but I we don't know what will be available that way.

Tweeting each movie/show is an odd way to announce everything, so maybe they'll put out a comprehensive press release.

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Do we know what devices the app will be available for at launch? All of them I assume. 

So far Amazon seems like the only one left in the dust on this one. About a month ago I decided to get a streaming stick for my living room tv.  Its a 2013 Panasonic plasma that doesn't get updates anymore so I needed something that will get the Disney app.  I was going to get the Fire stick but unless something changed from a few weeks ago, so far Disney hasn't yet confirmed Amazon/Fire.  I ended up buying the Rocku Stick + just to be safe.  

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/disney-plus-streaming-platforms-revealed-and-amazon-fire-tv-is-missing

Something more recent:

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/amazon-disney-ad-sales-dispute-plus-app-fire-tv-1203357501/

18 minutes ago, DarkStar189 said:

So far Amazon seems like the only one left in the dust on this one. About a month ago I decided to get a streaming stick for my living room tv.  Its a 2013 Panasonic plasma that doesn't get updates anymore so I needed something that will get the Disney app.  I was going to get the Fire stick but unless something changed from a few weeks ago, so far Disney hasn't yet confirmed Amazon/Fire.  I ended up buying the Rocku Stick + just to be safe.  

https://www.tomsguide.com/news/disney-plus-streaming-platforms-revealed-and-amazon-fire-tv-is-missing

Something more recent:

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/amazon-disney-ad-sales-dispute-plus-app-fire-tv-1203357501/

My 2010  Panny plasma finally died. I'm gonna finally pull the plug and get an OLED this black friday and move my current 4K set into my bedroom to replace the panny. 

18 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

My 2010  Panny plasma finally died. I'm gonna finally pull the plug and get an OLED this black friday and move my current 4K set into my bedroom to replace the panny. 

My tv seemed really hot a few nights ago. Might try to blow out vents with dusting spray. It's still working great, just seemed hotter than I remember. 

Verizon Will Give One Year of Disney Plus for Free to All Unlimited Wireless Customers

Verizon is giving away Disney Plus — the Mouse House’s new streaming service debuting next month — free for one year to all of its wireless customers on unlimited-data plans, under a broad new partnership between the two companies.

• Shocked 1

37 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I wonder if I can stack the free Verizon year on to my dumb founders club deal?

What did you get Founders Club for and do you actually find it worth it? The only thing that's seemed worthwhile-ish with it is if you want to do an airline status match challenge and don't already have airline status you can match from.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did you get Founders Club for and do you actually find it worth it? The only thing that's seemed worthwhile-ish with it is if you want to do an airline status match challenge and don't already have airline status you can match from.

I meant the Disney+ founders club thing where you prepay for 3 years at like...$4.50/month.

7 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I meant the Disney+ founders club thing where you prepay for 3 years at like...$4.50/month.

Oh, I read that and thought Founders Cardand didn't question it since they do throw a bunch of random crap in there. :p

• 2 weeks later...

So, the MCU movies that Disney+ is launching without are:

The Incredible Hulk
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Thor: Ragnarok
Black Panther
Avengers: Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Spider-Man: Far From Home

Hulk was produced by Universal, so who knows what the rights are to that. Also, no one really cares.

The two Spider-Man films belong to Sony, so no real expectation of them showing up.

The others are all on Netflix now, so I imagine Disney is just waiting for that deal to end.