These drivers deserve prison time.

Remarkableriots

As much as I'm dubious about speeding and red light cameras, putting them on school buses seems like a good idea, I hope they help.

I've only seen a school bus stop near my home a couple times, and each time while I stopped for the bus, someone else went drove right by. Both of them slowed down to go around, but still, it's not that hard to stop and wait.

10 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

As much as I'm dubious about speeding and red light cameras, putting them on school buses seems like a good idea, I hope they help.

I've only seen a school bus stop near my home a couple times, and each time while I stopped for the bus, someone else went drove right by. Both of them slowed down to go around, but still, it's not that hard to stop and wait.

I'm all for putting red light cameras on school buses. Anyone that runs a school bus stop sign deserves every penalty that comes with it.

In my opinion, part of the problem is that lack of education of general drivers about school buses. Sure, it's on the test they take (if that question gets used), but I remember reading about the majority of people who take the written test, and so many people are so extremely close to failing that test that I'm pretty sure they're just taking the test without reading the book, and if they weren't taught about school buses when first learning to drive, they probably never learned it and don't care enough to educate themselves.

28 minutes ago, brucoe said:

In my opinion, part of the problem is that lack of education of general drivers about school buses. Sure, it's on the test they take (if that question gets used), but I remember reading about the majority of people who take the written test, and so many people are so extremely close to failing that test that I'm pretty sure they're just taking the test without reading the book, and if they weren't taught about school buses when first learning to drive, they probably never learned it and don't care enough to educate themselves.

Everybody should know you don't drive on the sidewalk though.