Disney cancelling majority of Fox movies in development

2 minutes ago, Jose said:

Yes, but he's also sort of full of shit. He says in the "Fried Rice" episode that PF Chang's and Panda Express aren't Chinese food. If Domino's is pizza, then PF Chang's is definitely Chinese food you ethnocentric fucker (Chang, not you).

You ever have traditional Taiwanese-Chinese food? They use some much fucking basil, it's awesome.

9 minutes ago, Chris- said:

It is though! It was developed by Chinese chefs and based on 'traditional' Chinese recipes. The fact it was developed for a new audience with a different palate doesn't make it any less 'Chinese'. As always though when it comes to foodie-related matter, David Chang has the best take...

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/david-chang-combats-culinary-purity-netflix-ugly-delicious

It's Chinese AMERICAN.  It was developed by Chinese Americans for American palates. It's not something that you would find in CHINA which is what a lot of Americans think.

8 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

It's Chinese AMERICAN.  It was developed by Chinese Americans for American palates. It's not something that you would find in CHINA which is what a lot of Americans think.

I don't think very many people actually believe that. 

LOL at anyone who says taco's and Burritos aren't mexican food. Yeah, Taco Bell is shitty. It's still mexican. 

• Guillotine 2

18 minutes ago, Chris- said:

You ever have traditional Taiwanese-Chinese food? They use some much fucking basil, it's awesome.

No, but that sounds fucking delicious. I'm actually growing a few basil plants in the garden this year. Going to make it rain basil in every dish I make pretty soon.

24 minutes ago, TheGreatGamble said:

LOL at anyone who says taco's and Burritos aren't mexican food. Yeah, Taco Bell is shitty. It's still mexican. 

Have you been to Mexico? Show me where I can get a hard shell ground beef taco or a bean burrito in Mexico. Please.

On 8/14/2019 at 3:23 PM, TheGreatGamble said:

Yeah I’m gonna disagree with this one. I’d wager a small fortune that over 50% of Americans think that Chinese Take Out is the same kind of food you find in China. Just like people think you can get Chicken Parm in Italy and Chicken Tiki Masala in India. 

16 hours ago, Mercury33 said:

Yeah I’m gonna disagree with this one. I’d wager a small fortune that over 50% of Americans think that Chinese Take Out is the same kind of food you find in China. Just like people think you can get Chicken Parm in Italy and Chicken Tiki Masala in India. 

It's because Americans love dogs so they would rather not have the authentic Chinese food experience.