Disney cancelling majority of Fox movies in development

Iger said he’s assigned his top film lieutenants Alan Horn and Alan Bergman to apply the same “discipline and creative standards” to the division now run by Emma Watts. This means tossing the majority of projects in development, Iger said, taking the label “in a new direction, with an all new development slate that will focus on a select group of properties.”

Yay for the creative homogenization of 40-50% of the big studio market share!

26 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

so are they officially canning New mutants now? For the love of god just release it straight to video so we can see it

I’ve heard from some of my Fox theatrical friends that they may be altering the film a little and changing the title for a future streaming release to further disconnect it from X-men. It is definitely something being discussed at least.

29 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

so are they officially canning New mutants now? For the love of god just release it straight to video so we can see it

I'm surprised their aren't bootlegs of it out already. 

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I’ve heard from some of my Fox theatrical friends that they may be altering the film a little and changing the title for a future streaming release to further disconnect it from X-men. It is definitely something being discussed at least.

I've heard that it was gonna end up on a streaming platform too.

7 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

I'm surprised their aren't bootlegs of it out already. 

Especially with Fox having so few internal shops for post production, that flick has been all around town for various aspects for literally 2 years. I’m sure some of the post companies that worked on it have folded by now and copies are on drives that got sold off in bankruptcy sales :lol:

7 minutes ago, sexy_shapiro said:

Nobody over the age of 12 dabs, which is appropriate because you have to have the mind of a child to support this monopoly.

and you can go fuck yourself... how about that for a 12 year old response? Was that appropriately immature enough for you? I promise I can do better.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:

and you can go fuck yourself... how about that for a 12 year old response? Was that appropriately immature enough for you? I promise I can do better.

I work with kids as mature as you all day so I have a thick skin. Just like you they are also excited about Wolverine fighting along Spider-Man.

2 hours ago, Reputator said:

Seriously this is not the end of the movie industry as we know it. Some of you guys need to chill.

It is part of the evolution of the industry, and it’s an evolution for the worse for consumers.

It is great for me professionally though :lol:

2 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Professionally speaking, how are you both benefiting currently @skillzdadirecta& @sblfilms

A lot of work out here with all the streaming services and Esports stuff. I did some work for Disney earlier this year and will be doing some work for Fox (sports) in the Fall. They're using more freelancers after cutting a bunch of departments.  Amazon, Apple, HBO and a couple of other big Content providers are all setting up shop in my neighborhood... so it's a pretty exciting time for a freelance mercenary like me :p

• Shocked 1

11 hours ago, SoberChef said:

Professionally speaking, how are you both benefiting currently @skillzdadirecta& @sblfilms

Disney movies generate a substantial amount of revenue and profit for my theaters. It isn’t just ticket sales, we also sell far higher amounts at the concession stand per-person in Disney product than any other studio because Disney flicks tend to attract the entire family, especially dads. Moms will tell kids no, Dads give the credit card and say “get whatever you want” and then complain to their buddies at work how expensive kids are.

2 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Disney movies generate a substantial amount of revenue and profit for my theaters. It isn’t just ticket sales, we also sell far higher amounts at the concession stand per-person in Disney product than any other studio because Disney flicks tend to attract the entire family, especially dads. Moms will tell kids no, Dads give the credit card and say “get whatever you want” and then complain to their buddies at work how expensive kids are.

That is so true about Fathers... when we were kids, my dad would get is each our own popcorn and soda when we went to the movies. My mother would buy snacks from the supermarket and sneak that shit in to the theater when she would take us... she still does it now with the grandkids lol

20 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

That is so true about Fathers... when we were kids, my dad would get is each our own popcorn and soda when we went to the movies. My mother would buy snacks from the supermarket and sneak that shit in to the theater when she would take us... she still does it now with the grandkids lol

That feel when you see a lady with 12 kids and a huge beach bag “purse” 

:notsure: