Slap City is a platform fighter in the style of Super Smash Brothers Melee, and unlike many other platform fighters in the style of Melee,  it is actually a good game. It has similar movement mechanics to melee but is a little slower, floatier, and more approachable. The character design is interesting. Most/all of the characters are drawn from the developer's other games, and some of them like Ittle Dew feel very generic, while Casual Business Man and the very buff duck-not-fish FishBunjin are wonderful and hilarious. One of the nice things about the game is that the tone and presentation don't scream esports aspiration, and the game is definitely fun as just a wacky four-player free-for-all in the way that smash games are and smash-like games generally are not.

Unfortunately, there are not many great videos actually about the game, so below are three meme videos.

On 7/14/2018 at 12:53 AM, Keyser_Soze said:

I brought this up to @crispy4000 a number of weeks ago.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a good game with a great pricing model.  I'm a fan of the developer before it, and hope to pick this up eventually.  Casual business man looks amazing.  The fish guy, not so much.

I'm a bit turned off by hearing from others it's closer in feel to Smash 64 than Melee (although that's still fun), and don't care to re-learn L-cancel timings in a whole new game at this point.  It was tolerable in PM where I knew half of that by feel already, but no modern platform fighter should have it.