• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
chakoo

3DS - Community Thread!!

7,591 posts in this topic

I know a few people who haven't played Luigi's Mansion and that is a select title (and a fantastic game).

On 12/28/2016 at 8:45 AM, chakoo said:

I know a few people who haven't played Luigi's Mansion and that is a select title (and a fantastic game).

^ This. It can get a little repetitive and the MP is pretty meh (probably dead by now), but it's a legitimately fun game.

Now that Starfox 64 3D is a Selects title, it's actually priced more accurately to what it should have been to start with.

Seriously, no online multiplayer for a game released in 2011? Pfft, wtf.

Both Mario Kart 7 and Smash 3DS still have good sized communities, they should remain the way til Switch

On 12/31/2016 at 6:20 PM, GameDadGrant said:

Now that Starfox 64 3D is a Selects title, it's actually priced more accurately to what it should have been to start with.

Seriously, no online multiplayer for a game released in 2011? Pfft, wtf.

I'm still waiting on them to lower the price for Pilot Wings on the eShop. That thing is still at $40 fucking dollars. :angry: 

1 hour ago, Biggie_Rich said:

I'm still waiting on them to lower the price for Pilot Wings on the eShop. That thing is still at $40 fucking dollars. :angry: 

Yeah that's insane. 

It's a fun game, but...$40?!? Get outta here!

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

I have over 300 hours played on smash bros 3ds

Damn

2 hours ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Damn

Even more hours on my older 3ds lol

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I have over 300 hours played on smash bros 3ds

Oh man, me too. Had well over three hundred hours just last year. I've been playing that game like crazy. 

Though lately a lot of my my time has been going towards Pokémon Moon.

@Biggie_Rich

I have not. I don't typically play the Mario Party series, to be honest. The last one I bought was the one for the original DS. But...I haven't even played it. :P 

What makes this one so good?

@GameDadGrant

The maps are much better in Star Rush. Also you play as a team not individually. Games are also much faster where in Island Tour some games could take an hour or more to complete. Also the mini games are more fun too. 

That sounds pretty good, actually. One of the things that always dragged the Mario Party games for me was how long it took to complete a single play session. Seems they are really cranking things up lately, though. 

But right now? I gotta put more time into Pokémon Moon and DragonQuest VII. I'm really, REALLY falling behind in these games. And with Journey of the Cursed King right around the corner, getting my backlog completely clean is going to become an impossibility...!

Dragon Quest VIII is out not this Friday, but next! Less than two weeks here

3DS will be 6 Years old in March...hard to believe how fast time went and we are getting new hardware in 2 months time!

On 1/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, Mike said:

3DS will be 6 Years old in March...hard to believe how fast time went and we are getting new hardware in 2 months time!

It has been an incredible journey. Crazy to think about how much time has passed and how my personal life has changed as well. 

Also, kind of a bummer about 3D in DQ8, but we knew that for a while now, yeah? Plus there are many 3DS games shipping without that feature lately - Super Mario Maker is another one that lacks it.

Guess with the Switch coming out, Nintendo is giving up on it. It's a shame.

9 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Anyone play River City: Tokyo Rumble yet? It's pretty good! 

Me!!! It's awesome. 2D arcade beat 'em up. Need to get back to playing it actually. 

Hoping my copy of dq8 shows up on release day..

when I get my switch I'm going digital

1 hour ago, Biggie_Rich said:

Me!!! It's awesome. 2D arcade beat 'em up. Need to get back to playing it actually. 

Good man! Yeah, game is pretty awesome. What could have been a sloppy cash-in, actually turned out to be a pretty high-quality product. Very awesome, glad that Natsume did this one right. 

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World demo is coming out today. I guess I'll check it out! Never played the Wii U version. 

2 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World demo is coming out today. I guess I'll check it out! Never played the Wii U version. 

I heard its pretty good! I havent tried it myself...let us know what you think of it GDG

Any recommendations for an official charger vendor?  Seems like Amazon is a mess with 3rd parties

On 1/19/2017 at 1:13 PM, Mike said:

I heard its pretty good! I havent tried it myself...let us know what you think of it GDG

It's a Yoshi game, through and through. There are only two stages in the demo, and neither provide much of a challenge. The controls, graphics and everything else are quite good, as one might expect from a Nintendo first-party game. I'm not seeing this being a major improvement over Yoshi's NEW Island, but for fans of the green dino, it ain't bad.

21 hours ago, AndyD said:

Any recommendations for an official charger vendor?  Seems like Amazon is a mess with 3rd parties

I think GameStop has them, periodically. Though to be honest? The GameStop 3DS chargers are actually pretty cool. They can plug into and charge your system via a wall outlet or a USB connection, and the wall plug is can be manipulated in different orientations so you don't cover up another outlet with the bulk of the charger. 

I bought one a couple years ago so I could charge my 3DS in my car, and now that's my primary charger for the system. It's great, and I haven't looked back since.

7 hours ago, GameDadGrant said:

It's a Yoshi game, through and through. There are only two stages in the demo, and neither provide much of a challenge. The controls, graphics and everything else are quite good, as one might expect from a Nintendo first-party game. I'm not seeing this being a major improvement over Yoshi's NEW Island, but for fans of the green dino, it ain't bad.

I think GameStop has them, periodically. Though to be honest? The GameStop 3DS chargers are actually pretty cool. They can plug into and charge your system via a wall outlet or a USB connection, and the wall plug is can be manipulated in different orientations so you don't cover up another outlet with the bulk of the charger. 

I bought one a couple years ago so I could charge my 3DS in my car, and now that's my primary charger for the system. It's great, and I haven't looked back since.

I checked and don't see what you're referring to.  I do see they have the official one.  Mine linking to the one you're referring to?

6 hours ago, AndyD said:

I checked and don't see what you're referring to.  I do see they have the official one.  Mine linking to the one you're referring to?

Here ya go: http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/nintendo-3ds-universal-ac-adapter/136254