• Announcements

• SFLUFAN

D1P 2017 Charity Campaign for The Life You Can Save: $1,615 (as of June 4, 2017)   12/12/2016

I've decided to extend our charity campaign for The Life You Can Save organizations for the entirety of 2017 so feel free to contribute at any time!  Periodically through the year, I'll have game giveaways for those who have donated to the campaign as a "thank you" for supporting this worthy endeavor!
    • SFLUFAN

D1Pcast Episode D1Pcast Episode 28 - E3 2017 Rabbids Everywhere (Ft. SeVeN CDN and GuyWhoPostThings)   06/01/2017

E3 2017 has come and gone and now we are left with this empty feeling as we know we have to wait another 365 days for the next one. We [email protected] [email protected]@[email protected] I break down everything that was glorious (and not so glorious) at E3 2017. From EA's snoozefest to Microsoft's XOXO launch exclusivitiness to Devolver Digitals blood bath! So listen on in as we grade each conference and even have an extra special guest way in their thoughts on Ubisoft's conference in this months D1Pcast!      
chakoo

3DS - Community Thread!!

7,591 posts in this topic

Seriously, why don't we have one already? I know the 3DS launch thread use to be one but that topic is kind of dead now.

So on with the thread....

------------------------------------------------------------

What is everybody playing on their 3ds right now? Why?

I'm currently slowly trying to play Danball Senki Baku Boost. Haven't had much time to play due to work. =( Over all the 3DS port well done except for a few issues (lots of jaggies and in some places things are too pixelated to make out). The 3D is light which kind of sucks but also is great since I don't get any cross talk issues. I'll have to write up some more feeling about the game when I get further.

Side info, I imported a copy of Guild 01 (level 5) that will be here next week (got it with a really cheap Super Monkey Ball Vita). I'm really looking forward to checking out 2 of the games. =D

Yeah I was just thinking of this actually. Though really I think it'd be best if we either changed the vita thread to the handheld community thread, or retired it and created a new handheld community thread, rather than having two community threads here. We should sticky it too.

I'm still playing a little last window every night before bed, taking me awhile this way, but I just don't want it to end so I'm playing like 30min here and there before I fall asleep. I just beat Kid Icarus over the weekend so I finally started Resident Evil. I tell ya playing these two games after playing the vita pretty much exclusively these last 2 and a half months, it's a surprisingly small drop in what I've been used to graphically. It's amazing what these two games are doing with the hardware this early in. The fact that they both have fantastic 3D helps with that of course.

Going to finally get back to playing the digital games I got a few months ago too. I got that Sakura samurai game and haven't even played it yet and I need to finish mighty switch force and mutant Mudds. I'm really excited for Kingdom Hearts DD in two weeks as well.

I love this idea, but am drunk, and will need to formulate my thoughts more fully at a later time.

Kudos on the thread and I look forward to Stephen and Dean burning this motherfucker to the ground.

Just kidding doe, this will be moderated a bit more heavily so that it doesn't dissolve into petty bickering.

On topic: I only got 3 streetpasses from JFK to Honolulu to Kona and back again. NY, NY, CA. Lame sauce, but I honestly never usually get any so those are my first of the year, I'll take it.

I'm not playing shit on my 3DS.

Yeah I was just thinking of this actually. Though really I think it'd be best if we either changed the vita thread to the handheld community thread, or retired it and created a new handheld community thread, rather than having two community threads here. We should sticky it too.

They're not community threads like that though. They're actually somewhat relegated to Vita-specific discussions, for when a dedicated thread wouldn't be necessary.

I'm not playing shit on my 3DS.

They're not community threads like that though. They're actually somewhat relegated to Vita-specific discussions, for when a dedicated thread wouldn't be necessary.

yeah, I suppose they are different than say the PC community thread pre board that way, so maybe it does make sense for them to be separate. I do like the vita thread as a way to post random thoughts about it that don't need a new thread, to just see what people are up to on the system and what not. I'd personally prefer one thread to do that with handhelds in general, but it's not a big deal I can live with two separate ones and I'm glad someone made a 3DS one.

hey giger's, get your ass back to GI on the motherfucking pronto

I did indeed purchase Pushmo. I will now buy nothing but AAA and nostalgia city games because I've purchased....DUN DUN DUNNNNN.... 70 games on the steam sale

hey giger's, get your ass back to GI on the motherfucking pronto

I did indeed purchase Pushmo. I will now buy nothing but AAA and nostalgia city games because I've purchased....DUN DUN DUNNNNN.... 70 games on the steam sale

olo completely irrelevant though, I still only play civ 5, FF14, beat hazard, and bastion

you went bat shit crazy on that steam sale dawg. And I can only post on the PCCB now so you all just have to post there. @brazil201

you went bat shit crazy on that steam sale dawg. And I can only post on the PCCB now so you all just have to post there. @brazil201

nah, that board is falling off already, and when it was the most popular board, it was insufferable @pmc64

lol remember when I said we shouldn't have drama in this thread?

I hope pmc doesn't bring any

who's getting the new mario?

:(

just quit with face plaining threads you wouldn't otherwise enter and shit like that. I only help those who can be good.

Starship Defence, the DSiware reward on club nintendo, is the reason I'm going to be tired and cranky at work tomorrow. Game is so good.

Other than that, haven't played my 3DS since resident evil :( Was going to grab Theatrythymthymsryth (that is now in my iPhone dictionary) but they were sold out, so I bought a new laptop mouse instead.

I will never post in this thread.

paradox-paradox-paradox_o_424621.jpg

OT, I hope to some day be part of this thread. 3DS is becoming too tempting to ignore.

Looking forward to playing through RE Revelations, Kid Icarus, Theatrhythm and Dream Drop Distance on the Red 3DS XL I will be getting launch day. I'm also looking forward to trying out my other games on the screen and device, for example Mario Kart, Ocarina of Time, Pilotwings, 3D Land and Starfox 64.

One thing I thought about that I haven't really seen people mention is the XL's d-pad is now in the middle of base instead of all the way on the bottom like on the regular 3DS. This will make d-pad use much more comfortable. I find the d-pad location on the regular 3DS very uncomfortable to use because it's so low and there's not enough grip if I'm to use the pad on the corner of the device. Now with XL that's not a problem anymore.

Anybody made their 3DS XL plans yet? I think I'm 100% certain I will swap my JPN unit for a XL. It will probably work out best since my JPN unit has all my VC games and ambassador GBA games. As well i'm more likely to buy up more VC stuff from japan then USA. I'm just unsure exactly when i'll get one. They hit japan next week but I might wait a month before grabbing a white one (will do the transfer then sell my old jpn one online). I am tempted though to cave and buy NSMB2 via the eShop next week (since I can use my Credit Card Directly). I probably should consider upgrading my memory card though. =/

Personally I think it's better to have two seperate topics going on at once. It's nice to have a small wall of separation for the two platforms here. I really don't want to talk 3DS in a vita topic and vice versa. Regardless of what one person here thinks of me, I really do still enjoy my 3DS and want to have a place to more talk about it then having to make a brand new topic to chat up some small stuff. =/

I think i'm going to just take the leap and buy NSMB2 digitally when it releases (thats in just a few weeks, right?). I'm glad i didnt jump on Heroes of Ruin, sounds like i would have been upset with how quickly i could have finished it, and since i probably would have barely played multiplayer, it woudlnt have been worth it for me.

Honestly, i really want Code of Princess, i wish it werent going to be october before it releases, as there are apparently a few Vita games i want that month also. And then Animal Crossing. Thankfully with the VC and some of the eShop releases, i'll be busy for a while.

And Mo, what is this Starship Defense game?

olo completely irrelevant though, I still only play civ 5, FF14, beat hazard, and bastion

I've been terribly addicted to Civ V the past few weeks. I'm about the buy myself and @ Gods and Kings. You should join us for a game sometime :)

OT, I'm currently playing Pokemon Black, but I plan on allowing NSMB2 to consume my soul in august.

Thanks for making this thread chakoo. My efforts to derail the PSV CT into a HH CT failed along time ago.

I've been terribly addicted to Civ V the past few weeks. I'm about the buy myself and @ Gods and Kings. You should join us for a game sometime :) OT, I'm currently playing Pokemon Black, but I plan on allowing NSMB2 to consume my soul in august. Thanks for making this thread chakoo. My efforts to derail the PSV CT into a HH CT failed along time ago.

Another thing you've failed at. :P

I"m still thinking of buying a 3DS XL. The more I play Heroes of Ruin on my 3DS the more I hate the screen. It could be that I don't have my glasses, but i want to blame the small, lower res screen anyway.

I think i'm going to just take the leap and buy NSMB2 digitally when it releases (thats in just a few weeks, right?). I'm glad i didnt jump on Heroes of Ruin, sounds like i would have been upset with how quickly i could have finished it, and since i probably would have barely played multiplayer, it woudlnt have been worth it for me.

NSMB2 is next week for japan and August 19th for USA. I should probably wait for the USA version (much cheaper) but it's only a $20 difference and I don't have to go through a proxy like I do on J-PSN. =/

BTW I PM you my friend code and added you on to my 3ds. =)

A damn fine Tower Defense game from Q-Games. I wonder why they haven't announced any digital 3DS games yet. The 3 DSi eShop games they did were well worth owning.

Thanks for making this thread chakoo. My efforts to derail the PSV CT into a HH CT failed along time ago.

Yay, my thread wasn't a waste of time then. =). BTW I PM you my friend codes. I just need to get yours back to add on my system.

It's awesome. If you like pixeljunk monsters or Fieldrunners, and have 150 coins in your club Nintendo account, get it. What, you're going to waste those coins on a pencil case or some silly shit? No! Get this instead. Or buy it, it's five bucks.