Sorcery down to $30, Bomb?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 26,926 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

Amazon has the game down to $30.  Did this game tank?
Posted Image

#2 test24

test24
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:59 PM

I thought I saw it was 19.99 at GameStop as well......sounds like a Hiroshima to me!

#3 LionFranco

LionFranco

2014: Year of the Vita!

• 22,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Well, seeing as how the game only started at $40, that isnt uncommon at all, whether it tanked or not.
Final Fantaxy XIV - The reason all of my other video games are neglected.

Vita, PS4, 3DS, PSP, PS3, PC, WiiU, Wii & 360
PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,
Freedom Wars, another Dragons Dogma game, Mighty Number 9, etc.
FFXIV: Jeroak Nelave

The Big Bang makes sense concerning the origin of the universe. God does not.
Nothing comes from nothing, God never could.
Evolution is not the problem. God is the problem.

#4 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 26,926 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

View Posttest24, on 28 June 2012 - 12:59 PM, said:

I thought I saw it was 19.99 at GameStop as well......sounds like a Hiroshima to me!

:lol:
Posted Image

#5 Mark

Mark

The Snuggler

• 1,849 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Didn't realize this had come out already. Anyone play it?
Posted Image

#6 KellExile

KellExile

Your former Nigglesmckraken

• Administrator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

Yes it tanked pretty hard.
MinnesotaFatz: I'd imagine a bj from a gay man would be rather glorious if I didn't know a man was slurping my schlong.
Fizzzzle: I don't know, for some reason I just always assumed that you're single and work 80 hour weeks and live in a relatively sparse apartment. D1P is how you channel creative energy that is repressed through your work.
Streamako: I will be on top of you by PS4.
Kyio: I cant figure this stupid shaft out

Posted Image

#7 TheLeon

TheLeon

I don't deserve this.

• 20,259 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

View PostNigglesmckraken, on 28 June 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Yes it tanked pretty hard.
Gee, I wonder why...

View PostMarkew001, on 28 June 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext"

3DS friend code: 0044-2983-0738
PC Specs: slightly above average

#8 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 22,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:15 PM

Actually, i have, and while i have a few nitpicks, i think it is a fun game, and a really good showing of how good and accurate move controls can be. But i'm not going any further with impressions. As i know what will happen if I do.

If you care to find out if the game is any good, do your own research.

PC Specs: AMD FX-8320 8-core, ASUS M5A97 mobo, 8gb DDR3 ram, GTX760 4gb (downloaded) video card, 2x 1 TB HDD's -
Anticipating: Infamous: Second Son, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Toukiden, Drive Club, Starlight Inception,

#9 KellExile

KellExile

• Administrator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostLionFranco, on 28 June 2012 - 01:15 PM, said:

Actually, i have, and while i have a few nitpicks, i think it is a fun game, and a really good showing of how good and accurate move controls can be. But i'm not going any further with impressions. As i know what will happen if I do.

If you care to find out if the game is any good, do your own research.

Err...ok...

From what i've read and seen the game seems to fail a bit in the depth department. I think it was a lot more possibility than reality. It seems to function pretty well from gameplay i've seen. I'm certain it's because Move is a pretty failed product. It's not the new hotness, the game missed the Move hype so it was pretty much destined for the discount bin.
MinnesotaFatz: I'd imagine a bj from a gay man would be rather glorious if I didn't know a man was slurping my schlong.
Fizzzzle: I don't know, for some reason I just always assumed that you're single and work 80 hour weeks and live in a relatively sparse apartment. D1P is how you channel creative energy that is repressed through your work.

Posted Image

#10 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 26,926 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

This game should have come out a long time ago, when Move had the slightest amount of hype it used to have.
Posted Image

#11 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 22,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

View PostNigglesmckraken, on 28 June 2012 - 01:25 PM, said:

Err...ok...

From what i've read and seen the game seems to fail a bit in the depth department. I think it was a lot more possibility than reality. It seems to function pretty well from gameplay i've seen. I'm certain it's because Move is a pretty failed product. It's not the new hotness, the game missed the Move hype so it was pretty much destined for the discount bin.

I wont disagree that the game came out WAY later than it needed to to provide any real support for the Move platform, and while the game is technically good, and fun to play, and actually has a decent amount of gameplay depth, but it is short, i dont like the moving room to room killing baddies aspect, and was hoping for more of a change up.

I havent played it in a few weeks...hell, i havent played any consoles in a few weeks, but if you can get it on sale and have a move, it's definitely worth checking out...or for Dean, he can rent it.

#12 KellExile

KellExile

• Administrator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

View PostLionFranco, on 28 June 2012 - 01:38 PM, said:

I wont disagree that the game came out WAY later than it needed to to provide any real support for the Move platform, and while the game is technically good, and fun to play, and actually has a decent amount of gameplay depth, but it is short, i dont like the moving room to room killing baddies aspect, and was hoping for more of a change up.

I havent played it in a few weeks...hell, i havent played any consoles in a few weeks, but if you can get it on sale and have a move, it's definitely worth checking out...or for Dean, he can rent it.

If I was dean i wouldn't rent it.

Posted Image

#13 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 26,926 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

I don't own my MOVE stuff anymore.  I sold it all after I stopped playing Killzone 3.
Posted Image

#14 KellExile

KellExile

• Administrator
  • 14,373 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

View PostAndrewDean84, on 28 June 2012 - 01:47 PM, said:

I don't own my MOVE stuff anymore.  I sold it all after I stopped playing Killzone 3.

Same. It was clear at that point they weren't going to do anything interesting with it. I didn't have a reason to keep it.

Posted Image

#15 AndrewDean84

AndrewDean84

Year of the Gamer!

• 26,926 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Had Sorcery come out around then, I might have kept my Move shit.  I think this game being delayed and pushed back is what killed it, more than anything.  I mean, how many years ago did we see Sorcery at E3?
Posted Image

#16 LionFranco

LionFranco

• 22,552 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

:facepalm:

Im at a loss as to why it was so important to him to post about a game he didnt care about at all then.

Ehh, ill just let Dean have the Sony board, im tired of giving a shit about this community anymore.

#17 StephenO1683

StephenO1683

#

• 21,251 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

View PostMarkew001, on 28 June 2012 - 01:03 PM, said:

Came out in May.  I had it pre-ordered but canceled at the last minute since it was averaging 7s.  http://www.metacriti...ation-3/sorcery  Figured I'd get it at sub 20.

#18 Orbital74

Orbital74
  • Newly Registered
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Starhawk must have bombed as well.  I saw it at Target the other day for $30.  Not a sale or anything, it was the normal price.  Didn't it only release a month ago?

EDIT - Oops, there's already a thread about Starhawk.

#19 Moonlord

Moonlord
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:47 PM

I was actually looking forward to this one a bit as move-exclusive retail games have been a rarity.

I tried the one hour trial on PS+ though and that was enough for me.  In that short time it was pretty evident how shallow the game is and it's very repetitive when you're just flicking your move controller towards enemies non-stop for 99% of the time.
XBL Gamertag: Moonlord
PSN ID: Moonlord_
Steam ID: Moonlord

#20 GigersALIEN

GigersALIEN

ジャーマン ・ウォリア

• 21,206 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

motion control games lol
Posted Image

#21 DarkStar189

DarkStar189
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostAndrewDean84, on 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM, said:

Had Sorcery come out around then, I might have kept my Move shit.  I think this game being delayed and pushed back is what killed it, more than anything.  I mean, how many years ago did we see Sorcery at E3?

My thoughts exactly.

#22 Bjomesphat

Bjomesphat
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:31 AM

View PostAndrewDean84, on 28 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

This game should have come out a long time ago, when Move had the slightest amount of hype it used to have.

Just like Red Steel 2 on Wii. Great graphics/artstyle and great motion controls for sword and gun play, but it came out way too late past the point of anyone caring.

The motion controls for Sorcery looked cool, but the game didn't look that great.

#23 nobody

nobody
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

the problem is the game had nothing special except for move controls, which isnt enough on its own
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users