Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sorcery down to $30, Bomb?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

Amazon has the game down to $30. Did this game tank?

Posted

I thought I saw it was 19.99 at GameStop as well......sounds like a Hiroshima to me!

Posted

Well, seeing as how the game only started at $40, that isnt uncommon at all, whether it tanked or not.

Posted

I thought I saw it was 19.99 at GameStop as well......sounds like a Hiroshima to me!

:lol:

Posted

Didn't realize this had come out already. Anyone play it?

Posted

Yes it tanked pretty hard.

Gee, I wonder why...

Didn't realize this had come out already. Anyone play it?

Posted

Actually, i have, and while i have a few nitpicks, i think it is a fun game, and a really good showing of how good and accurate move controls can be. But i'm not going any further with impressions. As i know what will happen if I do.

If you care to find out if the game is any good, do your own research.

Posted

Actually, i have, and while i have a few nitpicks, i think it is a fun game, and a really good showing of how good and accurate move controls can be. But i'm not going any further with impressions. As i know what will happen if I do.

If you care to find out if the game is any good, do your own research.

Err...ok...

From what i've read and seen the game seems to fail a bit in the depth department. I think it was a lot more possibility than reality. It seems to function pretty well from gameplay i've seen. I'm certain it's because Move is a pretty failed product. It's not the new hotness, the game missed the Move hype so it was pretty much destined for the discount bin.

Posted

This game should have come out a long time ago, when Move had the slightest amount of hype it used to have.

Posted

Err...ok...

From what i've read and seen the game seems to fail a bit in the depth department. I think it was a lot more possibility than reality. It seems to function pretty well from gameplay i've seen. I'm certain it's because Move is a pretty failed product. It's not the new hotness, the game missed the Move hype so it was pretty much destined for the discount bin.

I wont disagree that the game came out WAY later than it needed to to provide any real support for the Move platform, and while the game is technically good, and fun to play, and actually has a decent amount of gameplay depth, but it is short, i dont like the moving room to room killing baddies aspect, and was hoping for more of a change up.

I havent played it in a few weeks...hell, i havent played any consoles in a few weeks, but if you can get it on sale and have a move, it's definitely worth checking out...or for Dean, he can rent it.

Posted

I wont disagree that the game came out WAY later than it needed to to provide any real support for the Move platform, and while the game is technically good, and fun to play, and actually has a decent amount of gameplay depth, but it is short, i dont like the moving room to room killing baddies aspect, and was hoping for more of a change up.

I havent played it in a few weeks...hell, i havent played any consoles in a few weeks, but if you can get it on sale and have a move, it's definitely worth checking out...or for Dean, he can rent it.

If I was dean i wouldn't rent it.

Posted

I don't own my MOVE stuff anymore. I sold it all after I stopped playing Killzone 3.

Posted

I don't own my MOVE stuff anymore. I sold it all after I stopped playing Killzone 3.

Same. It was clear at that point they weren't going to do anything interesting with it. I didn't have a reason to keep it.

Posted

Had Sorcery come out around then, I might have kept my Move shit. I think this game being delayed and pushed back is what killed it, more than anything. I mean, how many years ago did we see Sorcery at E3?

Posted

:facepalm:

Im at a loss as to why it was so important to him to post about a game he didnt care about at all then.

Ehh, ill just let Dean have the Sony board, im tired of giving a shit about this community anymore.

Posted

Starhawk must have bombed as well. I saw it at Target the other day for $30. Not a sale or anything, it was the normal price. Didn't it only release a month ago?

EDIT - Oops, there's already a thread about Starhawk.

Posted

I was actually looking forward to this one a bit as move-exclusive retail games have been a rarity.

I tried the one hour trial on PS+ though and that was enough for me. In that short time it was pretty evident how shallow the game is and it's very repetitive when you're just flicking your move controller towards enemies non-stop for 99% of the time.

Posted

motion control games lol

Posted

Had Sorcery come out around then, I might have kept my Move shit. I think this game being delayed and pushed back is what killed it, more than anything. I mean, how many years ago did we see Sorcery at E3?

My thoughts exactly.

Posted

This game should have come out a long time ago, when Move had the slightest amount of hype it used to have.

Just like Red Steel 2 on Wii. Great graphics/artstyle and great motion controls for sword and gun play, but it came out way too late past the point of anyone caring.

The motion controls for Sorcery looked cool, but the game didn't look that great.

Posted

the problem is the game had nothing special except for move controls, which isnt enough on its own