TurboGrafx-16 gets miniaturized

vaxick

2 minutes ago, Rodimus said:

This is pretty cute. Also will go nicely with all my other mini consoles. I'm excited that of the games so far announced one is a CD game (Y's 1&2). I hope that means we will get more. a dream would be Rondo and a bunch of shooters.

I was very surprised to CD games amongst the list.  Can't wait to see what else will be announced and given they own Hudson, they have easy access to some pretty big titles for the console.  

1 minute ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

If it's not a pile of shit, I'll add it to my mini collection.

I actually.grabbed the PS Classic this week. Amazon had it for $30 and the husband and I split it. He mostly just wanted the controllers. 

Konami had M2 do the Castlevania collection so here's to hoping just like the Genesis mini, M2 will be apart of this one as well.

I have only one major complaint so far... Why is Europe getting the Core Grafx Mini?!?! That's the one I want the most :cry: and depending on the game selection i'd like to not end up with 3 of these.  (my actual PC-Engine is a Core Grafx).

Yeah I want to buy this. I will most likely still keep playing the originals. However I can stick this in another room or take it with me to a friends house and such. I wonder if this will come with a multi-tap. You know since one controller port. Although not many 2 or more player games.

17 hours ago, Hurdyb1 said:

No thanks. I had a Turbografx 16 and didn't like it. While there were a very few cool games, there was much more crap on that system. 

Uhh what? What games were crap? I can think of more crap on other systems than tg16.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:46 PM, chakoo said:

Uhh what? What games were crap? I can think of more crap on other systems than tg16.

Have you had the experience when someone asks you the events of a bad experience but you can't remember too many details due to how bad it was? That's how I feel about this system and games. Only games I enjoyed were Splatterhouse and Bonk. I just was underwhelmed by any other Turbograhx 16 game I played. And I recently recalled how bad the games were when I transferred my data from my Wii to Wii-U last summer. I still had money left on my Wii so I went to the store maybe looking to buy a game and I went into the Turbograhx 16 section thinking maybe those games were not as bad as I remembered them. When to the section and I you tubed all those games with Splatterhouse being the only one I wanted cause they were just as bad as I remembered them.

I just did not enjoy that system. I often just went back to my NES quickly back in the day.

8 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I saw a loose unit yesterday for $200 Canadian. I think I’m good with my pc-engine. :P

It's a little on the high side, but he's not in a hurry for it to sell and he can always lower the price a bit. But it's comparable to other units that have been selling. Plus it has the official carrying case and it's confirmed to be in working condition, unlike a lot of the listings you see.

We have a PC Engine Duo R, a Core Grafx+Super SD System3, another TG16/CD combo, and a Turbo Duo. Plus, the Turbo Express. Might as well get rid of a spare system and make some cash while the thing still functions. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, Hurdyb1 said:

Have you had the experience when someone asks you the events of a bad experience but you can't remember too many details due to how bad it was? That's how I feel about this system and games. Only games I enjoyed were Splatterhouse and Bonk. I just was underwhelmed by any other Turbograhx 16 game I played. And I recently recalled how bad the games were when I transferred my data from my Wii to Wii-U last summer. I still had money left on my Wii so I went to the store maybe looking to buy a game and I went into the Turbograhx 16 section thinking maybe those games were not as bad as I remembered them. When to the section and I you tubed all those games with Splatterhouse being the only one I wanted cause they were just as bad as I remembered them.

I just did not enjoy that system. I often just went back to my NES quickly back in the day.

Have you ever have someone give a response so vague you just have to chalk up their experience as just something unique to only them.  I seriously could replace your response with NES/SNES/Genesis and the point would be the same.  I mean for all you know my childhood could have been filled with crap like Back to the Future and for that the NES has the worse library in existence. 

:duckhuntdog:

Providing konami doesn't kick themselves in the balls (they have a habit), I get the feeling the west will get Rondo as some big announcement. 

Also USA very much needs a bonk game (pref bonk 2). 

-edit-

I'm also going to just leave these fantastic TG16 videos here.

1 hour ago, chakoo said:

I could see Japan getting snatcher but without knowing who is building this it’s hard to say if they would go the extra mile for the other systems. If M2 then yeah just depends if Konami is giving them enough budget.

I thought M2 is behind this one as well.

• 2 weeks later...

TurboGrafx-16 Titles (featured games are in English)

Air Zonk (1992)
Alien Crush (1989)
Blazing Lasers (1989)
Bomberman ’93 (1993)
Bonk’s Revenge (1991)
Cadash (1991)
Chrew-Man-Fu (1990)
Dungeon Explorer (1989)
J.J. & Jeff (1990)
Lords of Thunder (1993)
Military Madness (1990)
Moto Roader (1989)
Neutopia (1990)
Neutopia II (1992)
New Adventure Island (1992)
Ninja Spirit (1990)
Parasol Stars (1991)
Power Golf (1989)
Psychosis (1990)
R-Type (1989)
Soldier Blade (1992)
Space Harrier (1990)
Victory Run (1989)
Ys Book I & II (1990)

PC Engine Titles (featured games are in Japanese)

Akumajou Dracula X Chi no Rondo (1993)
Aldynes (1991)
Appare! Gateball (1988)
Bomberman ’94 (1993)
Bomberman Panic Bomber (1994)
Chou Aniki (1992)
Daimakaimura (1990)
Dungeon Explorer (1989)
Fantasy Zone (1988)
Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire (1995)
Gradius (1991)
Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou (1992)