Brandon Roy Preparing for Comeback...

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 pointguard3

pointguard3
  • 19,057 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

http://www.slamonlin...turn-next-year/

what do you guys think of this? good idea or not??

#2 Hurdyb1

Hurdyb1
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

Good decision. He ended too early. He may not be the beast he used to be but I think he still has solid knowledge of the game to be a large contributer to a team.
Chitownshogun73 = Gamertag & PSNID

#3 Paperclyp

Paperclyp
  • 13,482 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm rooting for him hardcore but doubt he'll last long even if he makes a team.

That injury is just devastating.

#4 bbd23

bbd23
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

Please be a raptor :pray:

#5 Hurdyb1

Hurdyb1
  • 19,978 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

View Postbbd23, on 16 June 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Please be a raptor :pray:

Man this team needs some serious help. They haven't been relevant since VC left.
Chitownshogun73 = Gamertag & PSNID

#6 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,895 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

nahh, he'll get hurt in preseason. He's just bored.
We're all going to die one day, no matter how rich, how poor, what our beliefs are,  how healthy we are now, we're all going to die and lose these physical bodies forever. Live life, live it to the fullest and love everyone. - Ohioguy

#7 Siebzehn

Siebzehn

Classy Bitch

• 31,460 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

I hope he does well, always seemed like a great guy.
"Sieb likes his dosage of rightwing nuttiness like he likes his dosages of other drugs; enough to bring down a fucking elephant" -Chairslinger

"The world could use more heathens" -TheGlassPassenger

"Will you... have my sex?" -Kal El

"I make all the men wet." -Niggles

"I would suck the fuck out of that cock" -Giggers

"I like the cock gif" -CNut

#8 bbd23

bbd23
  • 2,746 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

View PostHurdyb1, on 16 June 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Man this team needs some serious help. They haven't been relevant since VC left.
tell me about it :(

#9 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,895 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

guys remember Johnothan Bender for the pacers? How many times did he come back and never played? Sometimes you just gotta give up. But maybe his injury is doable though, I wish him the best.
We're all going to die one day, no matter how rich, how poor, what our beliefs are,  how healthy we are now, we're all going to die and lose these physical bodies forever. Live life, live it to the fullest and love everyone. - Ohioguy

#10 Fizzzzle

Fizzzzle

buttdick

• 16,563 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:27 PM

He'll only ever be good for a few minutes a game.

#11 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,895 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

He has a similar issue I got with my knee, basically I have zero cartilage left in my knee, I'm unable to do any high impact, and b'ball is out of the question. He has that basically, don't see what he can do to avoid it, jumping it basically impossible with that kind of degenerative problem. Unless he just wants to ride the bench and play like 3 minutes a game and still get a million bucks. I guess that's not a bad idea.

#12 RedSoxFan9

RedSoxFan9

Champion of the Sun

• 26,441 posts
  • LocationDanger Zone
  • 3DS FC:4468-1812-4839
  • Steam ID:RedSoxFan9

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postohioguy24, on 16 June 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

guys remember Johnothan Bender for the pacers? How many times did he come back and never played? Sometimes you just gotta give up. But maybe his injury is doable though, I wish him the best.

Wasn't his nickname 'Can't get right'?

#13 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,895 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostRedSoxFan9, on 17 June 2012 - 12:01 AM, said:

Wasn't his nickname 'Can't get right'?

haha, makes sense enough! He reminds me of Greg Oden, so much potential to be had...just can't get out of the injury funk. I feel these guys pain, I was born with bad knees and ankles.

#14 Chairslinger

Chairslinger
  • 20,167 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

View Postohioguy24, on 16 June 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

He has a similar issue I got with my knee, basically I have zero cartilage left in my knee, I'm unable to do any high impact, and b'ball is out of the question. He has that basically, don't see what he can do to avoid it, jumping it basically impossible with that kind of degenerative problem. Unless he just wants to ride the bench and play like 3 minutes a game and still get a million bucks. I guess that's not a bad idea.

Man, that sucks, I can't imagine not being able to go out and play. Though like Kobe said, Father Time is undefeated. Luckily the old dust and dry bones are holding up pretty well for me :skull:

#15 pointguard3

pointguard3
  • 19,057 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

http://www.dailymail...ee-surgery.html

this is an old article but this is what kobe and a-rod got done...

#16 ohioguy24

ohioguy24

The Tuna Melt King

• 41,895 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostChairslinger, on 17 June 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

Man, that sucks, I can't imagine not being able to go out and play. Though like Kobe said, Father Time is undefeated. Luckily the old dust and dry bones are holding up pretty well for me :skull:

I jogged for like 15 years on top of b'ball, pushing 40, yeah, pretty much what I deserve though. I can walk, swim, bike, so it's not all bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users