Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo Direct "Pre-E3" show tomorrow at 3PM PST/6PM EST

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So wait they moved their conference up or is this the preconference before the conference?

Posted

Its an out of the blue bonus conference...thingie...

Posted

So preconference before the conference before the conference.

My head is spinning at that. :silly:

Posted

expecting some good 3DS stuff

Posted

Yeah, this is probably their way of giving love to the 3DS since the main E3 Nintendo Conference will be very Wii U dominant.

Posted

Yeah, this is probably their way of giving love to the 3DS since the main E3 Nintendo Conference will be very Wii U dominant.

Came in here wondering what purpose a pre conference conference would be. Then this hit me.

Bring it on. I don't use my 3DS enough... :(

Posted

Well whatever it is, I'm just excited that I gt to feel that E3 excitment a whole day earlier! :D

Posted

According to Iwata, we will see new Wii U hardware at this conference.

Posted

If it's all about Wii U then I'm majorly excited for tomorrow!!!

Posted

Definitely excited. I'm working through every E3 conference, but have tomorrow off, so this is great news for me.

Posted

You know what'd be hilarious?

If the announcement is that the system is going to go on sale in a couple of weeks, but attendees will have a chance to win an early system at E3, or something like that.

I doubt that sort of thing would happen, but it'd be really interesting if it did.

Posted

You know what'd be hilarious?

If the announcement is that the system is going to go on sale in a couple of weeks, but attendees will have a chance to win an early system at E3, or something like that.

I doubt that sort of thing would happen, but it'd be really interesting if it did.

Worked great for the Saturn!

Posted

In all seriousness, though, I wonder what the point of this thing is. Their E3 conference is in a couple of days, why blow their wad now? I have a hard time believing they have enough awesome content to show in 2 separate conferences (and then there's the games reel that's supposed to happen on thursday evening). What are they thinking, anyhow?

Posted

Ubisoft is showing Wii U games at their conference tomorrow (EA might be as well), so maybe they want to show some basic features of the console before those third parties show their content. Basically, Nintendo wants to be able to control the messaging of their system. Nintendo is also probably trying to steal some thunder away from Sony and MS, who both have their briefings tomorrow.

Posted

Oh, that makes sense.

I forgot that third parties also have E3 conferences.

Posted

3C8jj.png

Is this going to be packed in?

Posted

3C8jj.png

Is this going to be packed in?

Nope, it'll be available to purchase separately.

Posted

Nope, it'll be available to purchase separately.

Fuck. that seems like a shoe in for a pack in controller.

Posted

So for those who don't want to spend the half hour watching the briefing, basically, they named the controller the "Wii U Gamepad" and showed off it's new design, outlined a few OS features (mostly things related to communicating while playing games, and interacting with the TV using the gamepad) that will be accessible from any WiiU game, and unveiled the 360-like controller that's designed mostly for third party games (Iwata's words, not mine).

Presumably, the 360-like controller has all of the same button functionality as the Wii-U gamepad, so any game that doesn't require touchpad input or the motion-sensing features will be able to use it instead. I don't think they went over whether or not it has six-axis like motion sensing or not, it kind of seems like they feel that you need to have the second screen to make motion sensing in a traditional style (i.e. non-wand shaped) gamepad make any sense.

Posted

nintendo wins

Posted

Did I see a new Zelda there? Has this been announced and I just haven't heard?

Posted

Did I see a new Zelda there? Has this been announced and I just haven't heard?

All of the footage was from e3 2011.

Posted

It looks like a 360 controller and a PS3 controller mated. I'm sure Nintendo will have 4 or 5 good games for the console at some point.