More Americans were shot and killed by March 6 this year than were killed on D-Day.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/06/06/more-americans-were-shot-death-by-march-this-year-than-died-d-day/?utm_term=.42861f0e3d08

V3SOTADFK5H5RBS4VCPOA2H2XY.jpg

When Jefferson said "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants," I don't think he was referring to some sort of ongoing subscription to sacrifice.

10 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

So basically "Patriot Bullet" systems. Have guns mounted on each streetlight that fire at other guns/bullets when they are fired. 

That's even better. Maybe get some armed drones too. 

8 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

It's what he always brings up in response to gun violence in America. He blames most of it on gangs, like it doesn't count. 

No, my position(s) are: Gang murders (which I would include the war on drugs) DO count, and they make up the majority of gun violence.  Suicides do no count.  Mass shootings do count, but they make up such a small percentage of overall gun violence that they are an insignificant contributor. 

1 minute ago, Kal-El814 said:

Suicides don’t count lelok 

Our suicide rate isn't much different than that of Western European countries and Canada, where gun ownership is much more restricted.  Japan and South Korea lead the civilized world in suicides, despite gun ownership being practically non-existent. 

32 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Our suicide rate isn't much different than that of Western European countries and Canada, where gun ownership is much more restricted.  Japan and South Korea lead the civilized world in suicides, despite gun ownership being practically non-existent. 

That’s because they either hang themselves in a forest or throw themselves off a bridge. 

On 6/8/2019 at 10:42 AM, mclumber1 said:

No, my position(s) are: Gang murders (which I would include the war on drugs) DO count, and they make up the majority of gun violence.  Suicides do no count.  Mass shootings do count, but they make up such a small percentage of overall gun violence that they are an insignificant contributor. 

I would say any contribution to gun violence is a significant enough contributor to gun violence if it's statistically relevant enough to take up more than 1% of overall gun violence in America, which mass shootings do, I believe.

I just don't want to minimize all the innocent deaths that result from mass shootings and call it an "insignficant contributor".