Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

XBMC audio goes HD

19 posts in this topic

Posted

I know this is something alot of you have been bitching about for awhile.

http://xbmc.org/dddamian/2012/05/30/xbmc-audio-goes-hd/

What is AudioEngine? A complete re-write of the core audio sub-system of XBMC, and a two-year project comprising some 22,000 lines of code.

Spear-headed by lead-developer gnif, with contributions from many other team developers (dddamian, gimli, fneufneu, anssi, memphiz and others!), AudioEngine brings high-definition audio to the already amazing XBMC. No matter the audio source, AE handles the decoding, resampling, transcoding, encoding and streaming of your media, including for the first time DTS-MA, TrueHD and 24-bit audio. XBMC has never sounded better!

-Ash-

Posted

It's unofficially had it for a few months :P

Posted

I would rather see them do another full release with this included. Not sure if it makes sense to use a nightly build?

Posted

I would rather see them do another full release with this included. Not sure if it makes sense to use a nightly build?

Why not?

I've always used the beta builds.

Posted

The nightly builds for XBMC are generally rock solid. You could always get a bad egg, but I know several people that permanently run nighties.

Posted

Can I install a nightly build and it not fuck with any of my skins, settings, or library?

Posted

Can I install a nightly build and it not fuck with any of my skins, settings, or library?

It should still work.

I had no issue going from Eden to the nightly.

Posted

Are you upgrading frequently? My concern is mostly with that. Whether the nightlys will be stable enough that I don't have to worry about continuously updating

Posted

it wont really matter, my piece of shit AMD HTPC won't allow streaming HDMI audio to work with my 768 resolution television.

AMD drivers..... what the fuck.

Posted

Wow, I didn't know this existed. I am planning on building a HTPC and I was going to use Windows media center. This looks like a better alternative. Does this do TV channels with a cable card, and will it give me a guide? (like a channel guide with tv listings and such)

Like so:

tv2.png

Posted

Pretty sure you're better off using WMC for PVR / TV viewing functionality and XBMC for everything else.

Posted

Pretty sure you're better off using WMC for PVR / TV viewing functionality and XBMC for everything else.

This is what I do.

Posted

isn't there a PVR distro of XBMC?

Posted

isn't there a PVR distro of XBMC?

I think so, but it's not in the main branch.

Posted

i dont even know what the F xbmc is. too lazy to look it up though.

:shrug:

Posted

Thanks for the responses. That's a shame, XBMC looks really nice, it would be nice to have an all in one application available. I think a big draw for an HTPC is the PVR ability. I can get rid of my DVR/Cable box.

Posted

Does anyone else use the Android app with XBMC? Seems when I upgraded to this version my TV shows don't populate with info and artwork in the app itself like with 11.0 final. I can still use it as a remote and my movies have the artwork/info.

Posted

If you want a PVR, use MythTV. I believe there are MythTV add-ons for XBMC that help interface with it.

Posted

I was thinking about setting up a PVR but because of package pricing it would cost me less to continue using Verizon's DVR box. Would have been interesting to set one up but don't see a point in my case.